pro mix

• Thread starter MI_MMMP_420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MI_MMMP_420

How does promix compare to ff soil? Im doing a switch and would like some info thanks.

deep buddy

deep buddy

promix. is a soiless peat based sub. ocean forest is an amended not quite soiless sub.

M

MI_MMMP_420

Im useing sensi line rhino skin sensi zyme b52 srnsi cal and a+b

M

MI_MMMP_420

Im just running veg rigjt now with my new set up. My plants seem very happy.

M

MI_MMMP_420

I use the biofungus green label bag...i hope it makes sense lol

M

MI_MMMP_420

Im likein thr pro mix plants are taking to it well. Pretty happy.

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Run the promix like hydro, cut with perlite too, pick nutrient lineup, don't overwater while they are rooting... success.

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

These are all in Promix BX, straight from the bag.

Seedinpro

Roots

Pp50

Pp50a

Ogq2

DSC07458
DSC07356
Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

If you add perlite to your soil(less) it takes away the space roots can grow (5gal pot with 1 gal perlite added for "drainage" equalls only growing in 4gal of soil(less))... roots dont grow thru perlite, perlite takes up space. If your gettin the Pro Mix get the HP (high porosity) and use straight outta the bag.

I used to use ss#4 straight outta the bag with dolomite lime added (1/2c. to every 7gal of soil) when needed. I use a local pre mix organic soil now.

Pic of girl in ss#4 soilless mix... (week 6 day 38... Dinafem Cheese, Blue Widow, Blue hash)
Week 6 Day 38 Cheesebud
Week 6 Day 38 BlueWidowbud
Week 6 Day 38 BlueHashbud

marski420

marski420

Promix is amazing stuff and must agree with most people in here, get the HP and use it straight out of the bag.. Theres not a whole pile of food in promix, though seedlings can go without being fed nutes for about 3 weeks without becoming deficient.. In and around the 2.5 - 3 week mark is when I start to feed my germ'd seedlings with quarter strength nutes. The best PH for promix is 5.8-6.2 imo.. it should be run just like hydro so 5.8 is pretty ideal.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've used Promix for 30+ years and have always had good results with it. I add about 20% compost/manure and a few tablespoons of wood ashes. Promix drains pretty well on it's own and I never had a need to add perlite. Promix doesn't have much in the way of nutrients in it other than a small amount to get seedlings a boost, so you will need to feed it after a few weeks in most cases. I mix the manure/compost and wood ashes in to help provide the micro and macro nutrients that plants need, and the ashes help buffer the Promix along with the buffering that is already in it. Be careful to not overdose on the added lime/Ph up stuff as it often taks a month or two to work it's magic and it is way too easy to throw your Ph out of whack. In my experience with Promix, I have never had to adjust my Ph one way or the other as it seems to stay between 6.5 and 7 in my setup.
I feed every 10-15 days using a regular 20-20-20 Jack's general purpose and water every day or every other day after they get about 1.5 ft tall... or as needed. Promix is not easy to overwater as it drains well, so you don't need to worry as much about drowning your roots as long as you have somewhere for the drain water to go instead of pooed around the roots. This is how I do it, but there are many ways to do it that feed constantly or water 5x a day. Pay attention to your plants and just spend time around them and you will soon get to know if something is wrong just by looking at them. Keep up the good work... good luck!!

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

I’ve been doing something similar to jimster but find you can go a bit more percentagewise with amendments. My recipe

50% promix HP
25% cow manure
25% shellfish compost
+ worm castings
in fabric pots

pretty much a set it and forget it, if at any time I see they lighten up and look a little hungry ( which isn’t very often) I will hit them with a bit of food

pics taken yesterday, 10 gallon (grey) fabric pot, 5 gallon (black) fabric pot

6EFD3E6E E0D9 423E 9610 C946499B6F29
E9B98976 F39C 4BA7 BA21 12DA4F479BE7
03384267 DB39 481E BDDD F3084DF38DEF
Top Bottom