Problem during flower...

• Thread starter linky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

linky

My last two harvests about 5 weeks in my plant leaves starting "drying" out. Mostly towards the top of the plant, the fan leaves coming out of the bud for the most part. They get crispy, shrink, turn brown/yellow and then just die. By the end of the harvest (10 weeks) the upper half of the plant is pretty much dead looking. The bud is not tight, it does have alot of crystal still, smoke well but little weight and easily turns to shake.

I am running 8 600's in flower, 3 gallon pots in fox farm dirt, running Botanicare nutes, pro bloom, hydroplex, sweet, liquid karma during flower, pro grow and cal mag during veg. Room is 77-81 degrees, 38-50 percent humidity. 5 week veg time under 2 600's. ideas what might be going on?

thanks!

P

paulycali

I would say the strain your growing doesn't like intense light late in flowering. Some strains are like that. Try raising the lights for one and maybe switching out the hps when you raise the lights for a mh bulb. They love that. I think if you just raise the lights you'll be fine. Could be from overfeeding you never know. Think about what nutes your adding to the regimine for the first time each cycle around that time. Could be a deadly combo with one of your nutrients. Check your ppm's if your not. That'll help. Good luck and hope you figure out the problem

L

linky

Hey, thanks for the reply. I did actually raise the lights for this current crop that is having the same problem (currently week 6), this is a different strain then the last as well (have run this strain before with no problems). I have the lights up to nearly 2' above the plants, usually run 14-18" above. I switch from hps bulbs to mh the last 2-3 weeks of flower as well. I have not changed the nute reg from previous crops. Does not mean there is not something wrong with it of course. I used botanicare's website to figure out amounts to use each nute to give each week (you can put in which products you use, how many weeks each cycle is and the size of my water res and it gives you how much of each to use for each week).

thanks!

T

Thatgirl

This might be a dumb question, but how often are you watering?

L

linky

This might be a dumb question, but how often are you watering?

They typically need water every 3 days. I think the pot size may be part of the problem? They are 3 gallon pots for 4-4.5' plants. I am picking up some 5 gallons tomorrow.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Pots sound too small, if they are 4 feet they will need more water than 1x every 3 days in a 3 gallon pot.

W

willy led wonka

Sounds like over feeding also. Try dropping your nute strength by 25% and see how it goes. Foxfarm dirt is really good. You shouldnt really need to feed mucg at all for the first 4-5 weeks or so. You are using great dirt. So you probably dont need to be adding the nutrients at the rate you are using them. This may/may not be your issue, but it sounds like you have several small issues contributing to your main issue.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
And for 80 degrees yoru RH is too low. It should be up at 60. Are you running AC or dehuey?

L

linky

And for 80 degrees yoru RH is too low. It should be up at 60. Are you running AC or dehuey?

I am running a 24k mini split and a dehumidifier in the flower room and a dehumidifier in the veg room.

L

linky

photos, the ones that look good just were put into flower a week ago, the one photo that looks bad has been in for 6 weeks.

photo.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

photo4.JPG

ttystikk

ttystikk

They typically need water every 3 days. I think the pot size may be part of the problem? They are 3 gallon pots for 4-4.5' plants. I am picking up some 5 gallons tomorrow.

Unless you absolutely drown these girls every 3 days, I'm not quite sure how they don't wilt like mad... I handwatered 1/2 gallon into 5 gallon pots on a daily basis, right 'til they started to dribble. Definitely underwatered, especially if the worst affected parts of the plant are up nearest the lights.

L

linky

thanks for the reply, i have started soaking em down until water is coming out the pots every two days. will see how that does.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I think you are over feeding your plants. That is why they look great in the beginning and die out towards the end. Fox farm does not sell dirt, they sell soil which contains many nutes already then your adding allot more nutes to that. I think you need to study Jorge Cervantes indoor bible. It will help you identify these problems. When using Fox Farm you have to go lighter on your nutes to prevent salt build up. I would invest in something to monitor nutes and keep it right at 700 ppm. You don't need high ppm in drain to waist. Run fresh filtered water through one pot into a bucket and measure results, you might have to run a flush. I hope this helps!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Do you lift the plants to see if they need water or do you just guess?

L

linky

i water them until water collects in the trays, an inch or so.

orbad

orbad

Just ensure the water in the tray isn't sneaking around the outside edge the pots.

buddahslave

buddahslave

Google cannabis salt build up pictures and you will see your plants!

nebulius

nebulius

Cap had a good suggestion. Make it a habit to slightly lift plants each time you are in the grow area. After a while you will be an expert at knowing when your plants need water based on the weight of the container, comparing how heavy it feels empty and after being watered.

Top Bottom