Problem In Tanks Rdwc

• Thread starter JohnnyRey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnnyRey

Okay guys this post is for people who either use Bud Candy or Hygrozyme or any nutrient line up who knows what im talking about below because it seems as if my problem is coming from either 1 of these 2 nutrients atleast in my system. So my problem is in my system when im flushing the water out to do a nute change a see brown slimes they look like boogers pretty much and their color is brown and I am wondering whether it is from any of these 2 nutrients? Also anyone who is using any nutrient line that knows what I am talking about please help me out here I really want to run a sterile system and this brown boogerish slimeish thing definitely isn't sterile.

T

Theonlyjai

I know what you're talking about man and I am here to get the same response. I had this problem last time I ran Vegamatrix for my indoors, it wasted a lot of nutrients. Anyway I dropped Vegamatrix and switch back to Heavy 16 and it was all fine for a while. But then I added aptus fasilitor and heavy 16 fire, and the problem came back. It's not as bad as before and this time the slime is a little more whitish and scattered. Almost like a furry snow flake.

Good luck getting the response, I know someone will answer the question good pepole on this community.

T

Theonlyjai

Thanks for the reply man.

Well for me the problem isn't in the roots as I am not recirculating the nutes. It's drain to waste... I am guessing either the Temps are getting too high or I just accidentally picked up organic molasses and mixing organics and non organics might be messing it up.

Also which h202 would you recommend the dark stuff from cvs/ralphs or the clear food grade h202?

Again thanks.

J

JohnnyRey

Thanks for the reply man.

Well for me the problem isn't in the roots as I am not recirculating the nutes. It's drain to waste... I am guessing either the Temps are getting too high or I just accidentally picked up organic molasses and mixing organics and non organics might be messing it up.

Also which h202 would you recommend the dark stuff from cvs/ralphs or the clear food grade h202?

Again thanks.
The problem at hand is definitely not from problems in the root system, the problem we have is definitely from a nutrient but I am curious as to which one, do you use hygrozyme or any enzyme Theonlyjai? And h2o2 definitely won't fix the slime problems as it gets stuck in our tanks and just floats around h2o2 will help cleaning the roots but thats about it. I'm either stuck on the problem being from hygrozyme or bud candy because thats what I use consistently in my flowering phase and it shows up in my flowering phase.

J

JohnnyRey

I just really want to know what's causing the slime and I want to get rid of it completely afterall its going to be an additive, and I dont mind getting rid of an additive thats causing problems in an RDWC and clean white roots are essential.

T

Theonlyjai

Yeah I know what you're saying man. I had a shit yield last summer because of that slime.

I am not using either of those products, I was going to start using hygrozyme in my next one. But for now I have been using bud a- bud b, fasilitor, cal mag and fire for my non organic tank, and seabird and bat guano for my tea. And then I recently added a mother earth molasses to both the mixes. And it happened right after I did that.

I am not an expert grower or nothing but based on my research and observation... I have this fallacy and most probably it's right. I have noticed that when your water temps are going over 75-80 even for like a half an hour and you have mixed in your tank any synthetic with any kind of organics this problem happens, only at higher Temps though. An easy solution would be to get a water chiller or you go for the more painful fix which is to mix before you feed and keep them separate until then. But I could be completely wrong about the organic and synthetic mix thing and it could just be a temperature issue.

I hope this helps. I'll keep you posted if I come accross any new info.

N

noone88

Ditch the RWDC system. That shit is only for the pros that like to cut themselves.

Rockwool or coco.

Limonene

Limonene

i ran dwc for years guys with great success, recently switched to coco just to see what the hype was and boy do i love it.
anyway the person who suggested h2o2 has it spot on, the sludge isn't great but its only sludge, the problem is if the sludge contains any pathogens. The h202 will kill any pathogens and also any organic products you are using. If used correctly it will help with your problems without a doubt. Have you got any P.H problems? Your p.h will be a good indicator of the source of this issue.
Good luck.

T

Theonlyjai

i ran dwc for years guys with great success, recently switched to coco just to see what the hype was and boy do i love it.
anyway the person who suggested h2o2 has it spot on, the sludge isn't great but its only sludge, the problem is if the sludge contains any pathogens. The h202 will kill any pathogens and also any organic products you are using. If used correctly it will help with your problems without a doubt. Have you got any P.H problems? Your p.h will be a good indicator of the source of this issue.
Good luck.

Thanks for your reply man currently I am not running dwc, I posted a question on other forum for the slime in my nute tank but I think I posted in the wrong space, didn't get any reply so I was just following this thread hoping I would get my answer.

So you say if the slug builds up its fine as long as I add h202 to it... also do you recommend I buy the clear food grade h202 or the regular cvs dark looking stuff is fine? And what quantity to the gallon?

Thanks in advance

T

Theonlyjai

Ditch the RWDC system. That shit is only for the pros that like to cut themselves.

Rockwool or coco.

Thanks for your reply man... and you're right I just switched to coco drain to waste, and it's fantastic... the best growth I have seen ever. Very easy to manage... but I just had the problem once in my nutrient tank with the current setup.

Limonene

Limonene

Thanks for your reply man currently I am not running dwc, I posted a question on other forum for the slime in my nute tank but I think I posted in the wrong space, didn't get any reply so I was just following this thread hoping I would get my answer.

So you say if the slug builds up its fine as long as I add h202 to it... also do you recommend I buy the clear food grade h202 or the regular cvs dark looking stuff is fine? And what quantity to the gallon?

Thanks in advance
hmm im not sure what h202 you have access to, i am based in the uk so it may be a different strength. Go to your hydrostore and ask them what to use. When i used to get p/h drops, dodgy looking roots or sludge h202 always cleared the problem up. Don't use too much though as it could kill your plants!

Limonene

Limonene

also on my last coco crop i used a very high quality seaweed derived boost that is only available locally in my area. The stuff is amazing but leaves all of my airstones, pumps and tanks covered in sludge. However my plants didn't seem to mind at all so i just went with it.

J

JohnnyRey

Good luck.
Any coco growing guides you can point me too?

ken dog

ken dog

Probably an old batch of hygrozyme... Even though it has an unlimited shelf life they say.

Put a small amount on a paper towel, and it should break down in a few hours into a sludge.
Check it out to see if it is still viable.

P

plz

What you're experiencing has nothing to do with the root zone nor the hygrozyme (nor it being old)

Brown slime in the roots is a waterborne pathogen called pythium. Could be contaminated water, could be the system itself, it doesn't really matter because you wouldn't notice it anyway. H202 "might" help for a short while, but it will always come back.

You need EWC tea and while some growers use it regularly with res changes, I have had systems where I've only needed to use it once and never again had pythium return. Same system, same water, same nutes, etc.

See heisenberg's post on how to make EWC tea, although technically speaking, the main ingredient you need is trichoderma bc trichoderma is a fungus eating microbe.

http://www.invalid.com/t/dwc-root-slime-cure-aka-how-to-breed-beneficial-microbes.361430/

good luck

ken dog

ken dog

What you're experiencing has nothing to do with the root zone nor the hygrozyme (nor it being old)

Brown slime in the roots is a waterborne pathogen called pythium. Could be contaminated water, could be the system itself, it doesn't really matter because you wouldn't notice it anyway. H202 "might" help for a short while, but it will always come back.

You need EWC tea and while some growers use it regularly with res changes, I have had systems where I've only needed to use it once and never again had pythium return. Same system, same water, same nutes, etc.

See heisenberg's post on how to make EWC tea, although technically speaking, the main ingredient you need is trichoderma bc trichoderma is a fungus eating microbe.

good luck

The brown slime that the OP is talking about, is when you mix the nutes up... it happens in a separate container, without even being added to the system.

It is an Advanced Nutrients thing.

J

JohnnyRey

The brown slime that the OP is talking about, is when you mix the nutes up... it happens in a separate container, without even being added to the system.

It is an Advanced Nutrients thing.
I believe this is the case because the slime isnt neccessarilly on the roots itself, guaranteed the roots if brown and I have went thru a harvest with this brown slime btw so it wasn't really an issue of root rot which i believe is caused by pythium, i think. But the thing is its like little boogers of brown slime and A LOT OF IT i mean so much where if this thing covered the roots which for some odd reason it doesn't (definitely greatful it doesn't lol) it would definitely kill my plants. As ken dog was saying i believe it to be one of the AN productso r hygrozyme.

J

JohnnyRey

This run I actually cancelled out hygrozyme so let's see how it goes. I will report back for anyone else who is having the same problem as I am so they will be informed if hygrozyme is the issue or not.

covertgrow

covertgrow

Okay guys this post is for people who either use Bud Candy or Hygrozyme or any nutrient line up who knows what im talking about below because it seems as if my problem is coming from either 1 of these 2 nutrients atleast in my system. So my problem is in my system when im flushing the water out to do a nute change a see brown slimes they look like boogers pretty much and their color is brown and I am wondering whether it is from any of these 2 nutrients? Also anyone who is using any nutrient line that knows what I am talking about please help me out here I really want to run a sterile system and this brown boogerish slimeish thing definitely isn't sterile.

er: 70968"]Okay guys this post is for people who either use Bud Candy or Hygrozyme or any nutrient line up who knows what im talking about below because it seems as if my problem is coming from either 1 of these 2 nutrients atleast in my system. So my problem is in my system when im flushing the water out to do a nute change a see brown slimes they look like boogers pretty much and their color is brown and I am wondering whether it is from any of these 2 nutrients? Also anyone who is using any nutrient line that knows what I am talking about please help me out here I really want to run a sterile system and this brown boogerish slimeish thing definitely isn't sterile.[/QUOTE]
Get u some hydroguard by botainacare I

Top Bottom