Problem last year, don’t want to make the same thing happen

• Thread starter tco_0420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tco_0420

tco_0420

Ok so last year I had two plants outdoors and when I cut them all on single branches I hung them in my shed for 11 days and then started curing I did that for 2 weeks, the buds looked amazing, but only 50% of them would do the trick and it wasn’t really good, my shed would raise humidity on me while at work and I could control it when I got home but that was the only time. Now the the problem I had was my jars smelled like wet hay and it never went away, I lost all the good smell I had to the buds but also when I left the jars open for a few minutes each day the entire room would smell like bud but not the jar!? What did I do wrong so I don’t make the same mistake this year?

Habosabin

Habosabin

I'd try to dry in paper bags inside the house and then jar when it's under 70%rh and burp until around 60%

Habosabin

Habosabin

The room can definitely smell skunky when the jar doesn't. It's weird and mine does it. Eventually after more cure the buds settle to their nice final smell.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I'm lazy so I cure in turkey bags so I don't have to burp a bunch of jars. Then when around 65% I move to jars for final storage.

tco_0420

tco_0420

The room can definitely smell skunky when the jar doesn't. It's weird and mine does it. Eventually after more cure the buds settle to their nice final smell.
I let them cure for about 3 months and they were still awful lol, idk if the humidity being that high most the time screwed it up or what but oh well, I didn’t have the tent last year so hopefully with a heater ac dehumidifier and humidifier and some fans and exhaust fan I can control some stuff a little better

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
a basic way,
hang branches..
fan for airflow.
first 4,5 days temps at 65-70, humidity 50-55
after 4/5 days temps 60-65, humidity 55-60.. for probably another 4/5 days, than test snap a thick part of the branch, snaps dry, trim, jar.. leave sealed check in 2 hours for moisture inside jar if none leave closed keep checking for moisture every hour after ish? if some moisture than open for an hour or better take out buds and lay them out for a few hours?
than back in jars,
do as much as this plus your drying in the DARK…

tco_0420

tco_0420

a basic way,
hang branches..
fan for airflow.
first 4,5 days temps at 65-70, humidity 50-55
after 4/5 days temps 60-65, humidity 55-60.. for probably another 4/5 days, than test snap a thick part of the branch, snaps dry, trim, jar.. leave sealed check in 2 hours for moisture inside jar if none leave closed keep checking for moisture every hour after ish? if some moisture than open for an hour or better take out buds and lay them out for a few hours?
than back in jars,
do as much as this plus your drying in the DARK…
My shed has vents I put in them and we would go out there and smoke too so light was always going in there it wasn’t dark except at night

growsince79

growsince79

I don't have good control over temps and humidity. So for me, my method all depends on my environment. I can't cool the house to 70F in the summer. In the winter they hang about a week. Right now I heve buds that have been hanging and in paper bags about 4-5 weeks @ 75-77F and 55-60rh. They may have lost a few terps, but still far better than anything at the stores. Thinking about buying a mini fridge for them. Very common mistake is jarring too soon imo. If I need scissors to trim, it's too soon.

Top Bottom