Problem regulating tent temp+humidity

• Thread starter AnomalousGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnomalousGrows

AnomalousGrows

Sooo I just recently picked up a 2x2x4 VIVOSUN sun pro grow kit. I a few hours before typing this, I put my germinated seed it in a 4in pot of fox farm happy frog with some added perlite and dynomycofor good measure. I watered it and put a bag over it and put it in the tent with my lights at 100%, at the height you see in the pic. However, ever since I turned that light on the temperature hovers around 80 degrees, which isn’t bad for right now but i know it will be a problem later in flower. I’m running the VIVOSUN 100w areolight that came with the kit. My exhaust fan outside, next to the tent so it can pull the hot air out but it doesn’t seem to be working. Also whenever I turn the fan on the humidity drops of course.

I say all of that to ask if anyone has any advice on how to better regulate the humidity and temperature in my tent 😩

Problem regulating tent temphumidity
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
you don’t need lots of light during seedling stage and even in flower none of us more experienced growers ( man I don’t like saying it that way but whatever I can’t think of another ) have our lights above 75% even with only 100w as there to intense at that setting and burn the plants

80f is fine however like you say come summer that’s gonna go up

You would need a ac fan for the heat the humidity is going to be the hardest to control unless you have the equipment ; Dehumidifier/humidifier as needed

If you get the equipment, I suggest that you put it all outside the tent and control the temp/humidity of the room the tent sits in.

In the mean time you can easy drop the light to 25/50% once they get bigger knock it up 75%

The only thing holding you back a bit is the amount of light , however having it at 100% doesn’t fill the gap if you Kwim

Newty

Newty

you don’t need lots of light during seedling stage and even in flower none of us more experienced growers ( man I don’t like saying it that way but whatever I can’t think of another ) have our lights above 75% even with only 100w as there to intense at that setting and burn the plants

You would need a ac fan for the heat the humidity is going to be the hardest to control unless you have the equipment ; Dehumidifier/humidifier as needed

If you get the equipment, I suggest that you put it all outside the tent and control the temp/humidity of the room the tent sits in.

In the mean time you can easy drop the light to 25/50% once they get bigger knock it up 75%

The only thing holding you back a bit is the amount of light , however having it at 100% doesn’t fill the gap if you Kwim
There's 2 threads lol I thought I was tripping for a minute!

AnomalousGrows

AnomalousGrows

I took your advice and turned the light down to 50 it definitely helped stabilize the temperature thanks for the advice and “more experienced grower” is probably the nicest way you could’ve said it 😂

RePotHead

RePotHead

i put some glasses on a heating mat for the humidity & that worked fine, Wet towels too with a fan on it

AnomalousGrows

AnomalousGrows

i put some glasses on a heating mat for the humidity & that worked fine, Wet towels too with a fan on it
That’s a good idea I never thought about those options I’ve been just straight up spraying the inside of my tent with water 😅

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Also that tent should have a mesh opening at the bottom which you can put a small fan on the outside to blow fresh air in. I have 2 of those aerolights and hate them.. The fan is set way too strong and seedlings do not like having a tornado blowing down on them. I ended up putting duct tape over the fans. Cool idea, not good for seedlings tho..

Newty

Newty

Also that tent should have a mesh opening at the bottom which you can put a small fan on the outside to blow fresh air in. I have 2 of those aerolights and hate them.. The fan is set way too strong and seedlings do not like having a tornado blowing down on them. I ended up putting duct tape over the fans. Cool idea, not good for seedlings tho..
Vivosun didn't put a speed switch on the fan on the light? They should have an off button and variable speed, idk why they wouldn't develop it with those features.
You probably can't see the wires to the fan, could disconnect power so the fan doesn't run. Tape over it sounds like it may hold heat and possibly damage it

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Vivosun didn't put a speed switch on the fan on the light? They should have an off button and variable speed, idk why they wouldn't develop it with those features.
You probably can't see the wires to the fan, could disconnect power so the fan doesn't run. Tape over it sounds like it may hold heat and possibly damage it
Yes that is correct, no way to turn it off or adjust power, not even with the vivosun master control thingy. Good idea but horrible design. I did one grow with them and they've been collecting dust ever since..

AnomalousGrows

AnomalousGrows

See something told me that having a fan blow down on top of a seedling wouldn’t be good for it 😂 but with the controller I can choose which fan I want to blow so I won’t turn it on until the stems harden off

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

See something told me that having a fan blow down on top of a seedling wouldn’t be good for it 😂 but with the controller I can choose which fan I want to blow so I won’t turn it on until the stems harden off
Nice, I didn't know that was an option. There's no switch or anything on the light for the fan. Searched endlessly in the controller settings and couldn't find any functions for the light fan. If you can turn the fan off it is a decent light

AnomalousGrows

AnomalousGrows

Yes that is correct, no way to turn it off or adjust power, not even with the vivosun master control thingy. Good idea but horrible design. I did one grow with them and they've been collecting dust ever since..
No you can control it with the grow hub I thought the same thing at first and the I read the manual and it explains how to control the fans separately
Basically you have to long press the circulation fan button on the controller it’s switches to “A/B” port controls which allows you to control your clip on fan and the light fan speed with the same speed the “A/B” is referring to the ports under the grow controller. So if you have the clip on fan plugged into the “B” port it will control both the light fan and the clip on fan just by changing the circulation fan setting up or down (Also make sure you plug the Ethernet cable into the “A” port on the light and the correct port on the grow controller) the A port should be your exhaust or intake fan so that it’s always controlled by itself.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

No you can control it with the grow hub I thought the same thing at first and the I read the manual and it explains how to control the fans separately
Basically you have to long press the circulation fan button on the controller it’s switches to “A/B” port controls which allows you to control your clip on fan and the light fan speed with the same speed the “A/B” is referring to the ports under the grow controller. So if you have the clip on fan plugged into the “B” port it will control both the light fan and the clip on fan just by changing the circulation fan setting up or down (Also make sure you plug the Ethernet cable into the “A” port on the light and the correct port on the grow controller) the A port should be your exhaust or intake fan so that it’s always controlled by itself.
No shit, thanks for the tip. Always had issues with that set up, would pick up on my neighbors wifi and do all kinds of crazy stuff on its own, never had it dialed in right. Maybe I'll pull it out of the cobwebs and give it another try one of these days..

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I took your advice and turned the light down to 50 it definitely helped stabilize the temperature thanks for the advice and “more experienced grower” is probably the nicest way you could’ve said it 😂
How about the term "Seasoned grower"🤔 ?

But I agree... I will use a 5 dollar grow light from Walmart for my seedlings....

Top Bottom