problem when light is off

• Thread starter newcastle112
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newcastle112

i have problem when my lights are off it’s getting to cold in there i have a tube heater , what else can i do and i also get higher humidy when light are off
Problem when light is off

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
When your temp goes down your humidity will go up. I would warm up the lung room aka room where your tent is and run the exhaust fan to pull in warm air. You get more co2 that way too pulling fresh air through

gristle

gristle

Humidity will spike up when lights go out. Better dehuey or add exhaust vent timed to lights off. As for the temp, try timing your lights on/off cycle to outside temps. Or buy a heater and temp controller.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i have problem when my lights are off it’s getting to cold in there i have a tube heater , what else can i do and i also get higher humidy when light are off View attachment 1344600
I've added 2 - 75 watt reptile heaters in my 3x3 and I use a 150 watt heat lamp above my lights in my veg closet all timed with lights on only though, my night times are 63-64f in my basement I've thrown a movers blanket on top of my 3x3 and a fined heater with a blanket over top of my 5x5 just to help contain the heat.

N

newcastle112

i have a fan heater will that be ok to put inside and turn my extract fan back on

N

newcastle112

When your temp goes down your humidity will go up. I would warm up the lung room aka room where your tent is and run the exhaust fan to pull in warm air. You get more co2 that way too pulling fresh air through
how can i pull in warm air m8 would a electric heater be okay?

M

Mikes420

Draw air into your grow room from your living space using duct.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
An electric heater would raise temps and lower your humidity but would add an element of risk of fire.
Que? Most of us up here in the cold north have to add heaters or added heat one way or the other, You don't want a heater that has a glowing element, that's why oil filled. finned heaters are popular in tents..my house temp is 70f day time 64f night time and 70f is too cold for healthy growth so I add heat through the day and its only a fire hazard if you're reckless.

M

Mikes420

Que? Most of us up here in the cold north have to add heaters or added heat one way or the other, You don't want a heater that has a glowing element, that's why oil filled. finned heaters are popular in tents..my house temp is 70f day time 64f night time and 70f is too cold for healthy growth so I add heat through the day and its only a fire hazard if you're reckless.
You think 70F is too low? I thought 70-80F is ok, my grow is always 70F. Should I try and increase it?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You think 70F is too low? I thought 70-80F is ok, my grow is always 70F. Should I try and increase it?
I don't go through water fast enough at low temps and the optimal leaf temp is 78f so the higher the better for me. I can live with 76f but I'll do what I can to get it to 78f...add insulation.

I just set up a 3x3 with 4 auto pots and my only heat is the lights driver and 2 - 75 watt reptile heat lamps.....that got me to 75ish I added a blanket to the top and I have 77.6.....maybe 1 more blanket will do

M

Mikes420

I don't go through water fast enough at low temps and the optimal leaf temp is 78f so the higher the better for me. I can live with 76f but I'll do what I can to get it to 78f...add insulation.

I just set up a 3x3 with 4 auto pots and my only heat is the lights driver and 2 - 75 watt reptile heat lamps.....that got me to 75ish I added a blanket to the top and I have 77.6.....maybe 1 more blanket will do
My tent is covered in blankets lol, I have a tube heater with foil tape fins on air intake before particulate filter and air is drawn from my living space which I try to keep at about 68F. Beyond that the energy costs will be too high but the weather is warming up now so maybe I can get it higher soon.

7munkee

7munkee

Yeah, I live in NW PA and it stays pretty cold here also. You may laugh at me, but with lights, fans and heater all in a tiny, enclosed area that has water regularly you MUST be vigilant. And I'm not talking strictly the heater. I have lost a nephew in a house fire that was caused by an overloaded circuit.
No plant is worth burning your house down.

Today I have hit my high temp of this last grow...73 Fahrenheit. I am in week 4 of flower and it has averaged 70 in my tent with no apparent loss of growth.

This was taken 11 days ago
IMG 20230317 191848

The purple is from a supplemental blurple light that I added for the edge.

As long as the temp is not in the mid 60's I get great growth.

M

Mikes420

Yeah, I live in NW PA and it stays pretty cold here also. You may laugh at me, but with lights, fans and heater all in a tiny, enclosed area that has water regularly you MUST be vigilant. And I'm not talking strictly the heater. I have lost a nephew in a house fire that was caused by an overloaded circuit.

Today I have hit my high temp of this last grow...73 Fahrenheit. I am in week 4 of flower and it has averaged 70 in my tent with no apparent loss of growth.

This was taken 11 days agoView attachment 1344716

How long did you leave them in veg before you switched to 12/12?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

This was taken 11 days agoView attachment 1344716

I agree with that an overloaded circuit is bad news but adding a heater and an overload isn't the same thing. You of course need to balance your loads but adding heat shouldn't be any more dangerous than adding a fan if its securely plugged in.

T

Tyrant

can u switch a auto to 12/12
I'm new here so maybe I shouldn't say much but I belive you could go 12/12 with an auto but the question is why. The auto will flower when it wants so best to leave lights at 18/6 for the entire grow. But as I said I'm new best to listen to the others lol.

Top Bottom