Problem whit coco!!!

• Thread starter Ganjamama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ganjamama

Hi guys,i have some problems with my plants.
They have only 4 days and they are pale.
I have given once for now only him 1ml of Coco A & B in 1 gal, ph 5.70.
I also have a problem with the substrate that doesn't dry, is always wet, why?
Thanks of the help and excuse for my English
sick1.gif

sick2.gif

sick3.gif

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm not sure I understand what the problem is, other than you find the seedlings pale. Increased light should help. Did you pre-charge the coco with a good vegging formula and Cal-Mag (or is it a pre-charged coco)?

Don't worry too much for the coco staying damp with seedlings, they'll take that much better than a more mature plant. Once they get to the stage where they're more rootbound they'll dry out their pots much more quickly. If it's a huge problem then the pots need to be set up so the water/feed can completely drain away.

S

seabass212

did you wash out your coco?(flush). I had the same problem and read my run off to find out it was at 1700ppm out of the bag that claim they prewash

Lowman

Lowman

Since you gave us hardly any information, like what kind of coco it is. Is it prewashed or charged?

If it's not....go wash some of your other coco and get ready to transplant. A precharge of cal/mag would be a good idea as well.

2ndly....stop feeding. They don't need any food for two weeks after they break ground. Relax.

3rdly....Stop watering them as well. Let the coco dry out a bit. Not anywhere near bone dry...but the top layer should dry out abit before another watering. Too much water at a young age makes for lazy roots.

G

Ganjamama

Guys, thanks for the help!!!
The coco is Biobizz Cocomix, ph 6.8 (:worried???) ec 0.3.
I don't like it, it's look like dirt.
I don't flush and don't add Calmag.
I don't find calmag in my country. Nobody sell it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It looks the way it's supposed to, coco fiber (I don't like the big chunks). I believe Biobizz needs no flushing, but I can't remember for certain, nor whether or not it comes pre-charged.

S

swampwater

is it coco or a coco/soilless mix?

if its just coco, your ph is way way to high.

5.8-6.0 for coco.

G

Ganjamama

Its only coco, no soil!!!
I've try to flush and the EC is 0.67 (no 0.3):character0110:.I don't understand why the coco has pH 6.8

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Test the water you're using first. If it is alkaline (well buffered, which means it resists shift in pH, or hydrogen ion concentration) then you will be battling that and it would explain both the coco pH and run-off pH (don't know how you're testing).

Know that coco 'holds' calcium and magnesium, and can bring about an imbalance that can end up locking out potassium.

Know that your source water is the source of troubles and resolutions. Test it, if it's out of parameters, either filter it or find a new source of water. Adjust to proper pH, then work from there.

G

Ganjamama

I use for the plant only tap water, ec 0,60, ph 7,00.
I also have a RO filter but i don't found cal-mag in my country (i use it for the aquarium).
By the way Biobizz Cocomix is SHIT:sign0055:.

Lowman

Lowman

is it coco or a coco/soilless mix?

if its just coco, your ph is way way to high.

5.8-6.0 for coco.

I thought he/she was quoting the ph of the coco. That sounds about right for coco. You can drop your ph of your feed to whatever you like....but you can't change the ph of the media.

Lowman

Lowman

I use for the plant only tap water, ec 0,60, ph 7,00.
I also have a RO filter but i don't found cal-mag in my country (i use it for the aquarium).
By the way Biobizz Cocomix is SHIT:sign0055:.

Do some research and find another source of calcium available in your country. Lime for one. You can use epsom salts for the mag part.

G

Ganjamama

Hi guys, today I must watered the plants.I give only RO water or whit fertilizer? I have repotted two in rinsed coco, the others two must wait for Friday.
Sorry for my english, I hope you understand me.:character0053:

Lowman

Lowman

Go ahead and continue feeding with the A&B. Just let the top layer dry a bit after you fed them until the next feeding/watering. Don't let the whole pot dry out. Just the top layer.

G

Ganjamama

Guys, it's a tragic situation! Plants are very bad and not knowing what to do. Should I throw everything and start over?
sick11.gif

sick21.gif

sick31.gif

D

DwR

Tap water ??? an ec of 0.6 !!!!!!! u kidding me wow thats just awfull man !

Ph minus your water after you add nutrients A & B - 1 ml per Litre and add root exelurators... :)

U want an ec of 1.0 - 1.2 1.2 might be a little strong but who cares go for it.

Then you would like to ph your water down to 5.8

Example : House & Garden Root Exelurator.

Im sure if you do this they will turn out nice :)

G

Ganjamama

Yes man, i don't kidding you! E.C. is 0.60, ph 7,00.
I have Rhizotonic, is the same thing?
You advise me to go to fertilize?? I would follow the Zoolander schedule, should be fairly simple, just that I can not:anim_10:

K

KushMaster707

dont start over it just looks like they need some nutrients. i would check to see if you can get cal mag shipped to your country bc coco absolutely needs it. if not, bone meal contains natural calcium and epson salts will have your magnesium. does your tap water have chlorine in it?

C

CanadianClassic

just me but i wouldn't even bother feeding them nutes that early on in life!

Top Bottom