Problem whit plant

• Thread starter ColdKiller226
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ColdKiller226

ColdKiller226

Hi everyone can someone please help me and tell what's wrong whit my plant?

Problem whit plant
Dr.B

Dr.B

Its wearing a seed helmet. It happens. If it hasn't already stalled mist the shell casing with water and gently remove it. Generally if you don't get it within a few hours it can mean death for the seed.

Dr.B

Dr.B

What is the white that I'm seeing at the back of the picture, on top of your substrate?

Dr.B

Dr.B

Hi everyone can someone please help me and tell what's wrong whit my plant?
Coldkiller, I suspect that this happens when the seed is planted a little too shallow. As the seed turns and lifts out of the soil/peat/whatever the resistance around it helps it to shed the seed casing. I get it quite frequently. As long as you are gentle and don't damage the baby's head removing it, the seed should be fine. Unless its been like that for a while...

Dr.B

Dr.B

The white is paper from the egg box where it is planted. And thank you for your advices! I hope that removing that seed helmet will help
If you got to it quickly and don't damage she will be fine. Mist, mist, mist! Soften that casing before attempting to remove it sir!!

Dr.B

Dr.B

Looks like you got the helmet off. Only time will tell.

Give her a day, if she resumes growing and spreading those cotelydon she will be fine. Seeds come with a finite amount of energy stored. Just enough to start out and get to the light before needing any nutrient at all. If you stall her for too long coming up she likely won't recover.

Most of my helmeted seeds turn out just fine.

ColdKiller226

ColdKiller226

Looks like you got the helmet off. Only time will tell.

Give her a day, if she resumes growing and spreading those cotelydon she will be fine. Seeds come with a finite amount of energy stored. Just enough to start out and get to the light before needing any nutrient at all. If you stall her for too long coming up she likely won't recover.

Most of my helmeted seeds turn out just fine.
Okay, thank you man for your help!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Okay, thank you man for your help!
The egg carton is a little freaky though ....you might want to get the seedling into solo cups or something with more depth or you might run into new problems

Unless the egg carton bottom is cut out and i dont see that part ....
Though i do like the recycle effort ...

ColdKiller226

ColdKiller226

The egg carton is a little freaky though ....you might want to get the seedling into solo cups or something with more depth or you might run into new problems

Unless the egg carton bottom is cut out and i dont see that part ....
Though i do like the recycle effort ...
I'm waiting for it to grow little bigger and then i will transplant into a bigger pot

ColdKiller226

ColdKiller226

Its wise to avoid unnecessarily transplanting seedlings. Try beer cups, they can ball up nicely in those and live for up to a few weeks. That will prevent stress shock from transplanting too early.
Oh, i didnt know. This is my first plant. And thank you for your advices

Dr.B

Dr.B

Oh, i didnt know. This is my first plant. And thank you for your advices
No worries!

My rules of thumb;
- If its an auto flower seed directly into the final pot.
- for photo period strains I start in beer cups, transplant to a nursery pot somewhere in week 2 or 3 (depends on how they drink) 3 - 4 weeks from that they go into their final pots.

When I started I killed everything I touched lol. Usually an excess of love and attention was the cause... Practice makes perfect, two years later I've been transplant problem free for over a year.

Keep a watchful eye but don't be a helicopter parent lol

Top Bottom