problem with high heat on led growroom

• Thread starter TurboTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TurboTHC

TurboTHC

hello!
i am having issues with my 4x5ft closet grow room. heat in that room will get up to 32c/89f.

i have the room set up with 550m3/hr (320cfm) exhaust fan. piping has 2 90 degree turns on it. filter is rated for over 650m3/hr.
also there is cutout on the bottom of the door for exchange air to come in
light i am running is lumatek 600w pro with led controller remote mounted. only having it on 75% power.
temperature inside the bigger room is 22-24c
trying to run without the portable ac unit since its loud and the exhaust out would not be very stealthy when its almost winter.

any tips ?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You can either increase air flow by getting a more powerful exhaust fan or lower the temperature of the air entering the grow. Getting a more powerful fan seems like the solution to me.

Madmax

Madmax

Id try and cool the room they are in bro ..where is the ac? I have same light in 5x5 with 710-720cfm but my fresh air is coming from outside ..you just might have to use the ac ...

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Any oscillating fans in there?

Try have a fan blowing air above the canopy and another fan below if possible.

TasmanianBear

TasmanianBear

Hey bud so if you can’t the cool the air in the room, you may try exhausting the hot air from within the tent out into a different room(bladder room) that way the air being taken in is not this super heated air. I am having an issue with one of my smaller tents and I just had to lower the AC. I also have a dehumidifier pulling the humidity out that gets added.

SmootherDays

SmootherDays

I was having the same situation, I got a new portable ac unit that has 2 hose's one removes hot air, the other sends cold air so its perfect b/c the ac unit doesn't need to be in the room, the exhaust from this is def helping to heat the other colder areas of the house. the ac unit I found has a carbon filter too. the issue im having is trying to connect some type of thermostat so I don't have to change it when the lights go off

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

so i have one room as storage/"hobby" room and that room has the walk in closet that i have made into a grow room.
i made cutout on the top of the door for the exhaust piping and a cutout on the bottom of the door for exchange air. exhaust goes to the same room where the exchange air comes from. exhaust is pointed so that it does not come strait back to the growroom.

exhaust fan i use TD silent 500/150 and i believe it is axial fan.

i dont currently have any plants because of the heat issue. i have one oscillating fan blowing over the light fixture

i disconnected the filter from the fan and it seems to stay somewhere around 28C now. maybe going up slowly

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

the bigger room has normal (maybe 75mm) ventilation to outside air. the small closet also has 100m outlet to outside but i have blocked that off so it wouldnt give any smell out. door on the bigger room can be held open also to let the air come to other parts of the house. but direct big size outlet to outside is really not an option right now.

carbon filter i use is rhino pro series and is actually 600m3/hr
in the winter here all the air is dry so i am not too concerned about the humidity. also i am running nft so not that much evaporation.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
has it always had the problem?

i was wondering that because i recently had a heat issue after not having a problem for months. turns out you need to change your pre-filter (the white thing on your carbon filter) on the carbon filter or it cuts down on its effectiveness. lol. mine was only there for a couple months, but apparently my dog sheds and that is enough to make it filthy!

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

You also might want to look into getting a new led. I use the sf1000 and really like it, never any heat problems. It doesn’t raise the temps in my tent at all. I’m even looking to upgrade to a bigger one. I really like spider farmer lights, they are a higher quality light and they don’t break the bank.

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

so this is completely new room and new light. pretty much whole new setup excluding fans and filter (clean pre-filter) and some other stuff. light is pretty good this year model with efficiency of 2,9µmol/J so definitely up top with quality. i think my heat problem is coming from lack of air circulation and heat build up on the lung room.

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

So again i dont have tent but walk in closet as the grow space. I let the setup run all night with 50% Power with the filter on. Inside temp was 28.5c on one cauge and 30c on another, they are on the same spot on canopy level below the light. Outside of the closet door temperature was 25c.

Door on the walk in closet is regular size door. That big door goes to rest of the house and there temperature is same 22-24c

I have 3 thermometers and i can add second sensor on the lumatek control panel.

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

i think the temp stays lower because i put the light on lower power

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I think the OP said he has T connectors. Just swap those out for Y's (Wye) and you should see a big performance increase. That may be all you need.
Also, if all your air equip is inside the tent, you should move it to the outside. Always vent from the top if possible. The equipment itself generates heat. By keeping it out of the tent, you minimize excess heat sources. You also open up airflow so it will vent better.

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

theres no t connectors and no tent. just a 4ft x 5ft room with regular door on it.

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

bad thing with the room is that i cant mount anything on the roof since its some pos drywall sheet and anything mounted there wil drop on top of the light.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

bad thing with the room is that i cant mount anything on the roof since its some pos drywall sheet and anything mounted there wil drop on top of the light.
Right. Gotcha. Is it your house? Are you good with popping a hole in the wall to better vent?

TurboTHC

TurboTHC

Sadly not my house, thats why had to buy new door and cut holes trought that. If it was my house i would just make big hole strait up to the attic space and put the fan there

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

My fix is always simple. Bigger fan or add another cheap one inline. I find it better to run two small inline fans due to having one quit on me once. Two for me works better than one. But regardless adding another one seems like it would be your best bet. Lowes has some cheap ones that will work just fine for led heat.

Top Bottom