Problem with my 1st plant, please help?

• Thread starter Melvwarno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chemistry

chemistry

Can you place one of your fans in a way that it could push the hot air through the hole at the top, as you can move the air all day, but if its hot and dry, you'll still wind up in the same position you are now, as its to hot. Can you dim the light a little?

Melvwarno

Melvwarno

I’ve propped open the door to the room slightly to help air get out, should I take the small black fan that is on the side of the light and put it in the hole in the roof? So the fan is facing the roof and the wind will blow into the roof yeah?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Maybe throw a fan in that hole in ceiling to extract the hot air out.you could even run some ducting from it to the light ..just thinking how warm the room is outside your grow space whether you need a small ac or something that brings cool air into the grow space..
This ^^^. I noticed the hole as well you could stick an inline fan with ducting and completely vent out the hot air. I also grow in a closet space and I drilled a 4 inch diameter hole in the ceiling and hooked my ac infinity up to it. If you do this and exhausting it will create negative pressure which in turn sucks fresh air from outside the closet into your space giving your plant plenty of fresh air to thrive!!

Melvwarno

Melvwarno

But will the small black fan I’ve got be enough drawing pressure to extract any hot air from the closet? And I’d put the fan facing into the loft yeah? So the air is blowing into the loft and not the room? Just wanna make sure, and any honest opinions about if it will survive? The leaves have fallen and got more droopy through out the day

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
lights on at night might work better. it is normally cooler at night and it might help with the heat from the light.

can you run a dryer tube from the home air conditioning to the plant area?

you are going to need to suck out the hot air. blowing it around is not helpful. is the hole in the ceiling going out somewhere? point the fan out the hole to get rid of the hot air.

no boiling anything... you have a heat issue, do not add heat!!! just a few bowls of water around will do it, not boiling!!! you can even make a mock swamp cooler with a fan that t shirt and a pan of water

Melvwarno

Melvwarno

This is what it’s looking like now, I think it’s beyond help now isn’t it? Leaves are really drooping now, and yeah I can move 1 of the fans

E69D12C4 8087 4BF0 93A6 3AFB410CDF4D
DCE46A04 6854 489B 9113 659E39FCADDA
17509AEA F539 4DEC B737 BB23D50BDD3C
43C170A9 8740 4122 A37B B8488E2E8290
Melvwarno

Melvwarno

It’s 5:45pm here, should I wait until night to turn the light on and then have it turned off through the day? And is there anything else I could be doing?

Melvwarno

Melvwarno

Also how would I know if what I’m doing is helping the plant, would the leaves start to come back up slightly? Or is there no way of knowing

karolanne

karolanne

Also how would I know if what I’m doing is helping the plant, would the leaves start to come back up slightly? Or is there no way of knowing
If you change nothing to your setting, you'll lose it. If you can't change a think, put it outside. I'm not sure it's going to save it, but you'll have better chances.

chemistry

chemistry

It's a done game, the leaf hanging over the dark blue sparkilly ball has mildew, in your environment this is a flawless victory against your plant, your last gasp is put it outside, it may surprise you, I've seen worse produce at least some thing. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Would the plant be better outside? It’s really hot with lots of sun during the day where I’m at.

How many sun hours are you getting daily? And how long are the prolonged light periods where your at the moment?

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Done a few adjustments like the 2 fans, 1 on the floor and one on the wall for the light, can this plant be saved or not? Also I sprayed the walls and the plant with water to help cool?also the hole in the roof is the only type of ventilation I have at the minute
There's a Lotta problems here, You pretty much cooked your plant. You need to have duct work attached to that cool tube pulling out of the chamber, your soil has no perlite in it, it looks like it's had major PH issues also. My best advice would be research prior to starting next time. With a focus on enviroment (soil/air/water/temp and humidity) you'll need a pH meter, you'll need decent soil or soilless medium. Everything works with everything else the water temperature that you feed at, the delta td between leaf temperature and air, humidity, fission etc. Don't feel too bad, not the first timer to run into these issues.

Melvwarno

Melvwarno

Okay, so I’ve taken all comments and advice into consideration and the plant is now outside, we’re in the middle of some really hot weather with long days so hopefully it will survive outside, the only question I have is do the leaves look over or under watered? I’ll post a pic in the morning after it’s first night outside

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Mel , if you want give up on that plant and get on a fast track to successful growing it's not going to be a problem...
There a few ,maybe ten simple steps , you have a space you have a great light , you have some skill since you got the plant this far ...
I'll tell you tomorrow what to do , any of the members can get you straight , don't be discouraged ....it's pretty simple once you commit to a few basic rules ...
Can you get some more seeds or clones to start ,? I guarantee a 100% turn around in no time , but get rid of that plant it's toast , the next one will be fine
Few basics you will nees
Adequate size pots for plant phases ...
Inline exhaust fan and ducting to cool your tube ( that's your biggest problem)
Small fan
Two timers
Promix and perlite bags or organic soil and perlite bags
Hand water mister
Dyna. Gro formula for veg and flower ...

You'll be amazed at what happens when the room temps are suitable
When the medium has proper drainage
When the plant if feeding correctly
Your gonna kill it , get seeds , get clones, start fresh .....thank me later

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No air exchange equals not only heat issues but moat important no co2 to support the plant... the whole reason a plant needs light it to pull the co2 out of the air that box will be depleted very fast. It doesn't matter what you do if you don't have air exchange the plant will die not matter what temperature it's at.

You have 2 good options above. Follow @dire wolf info or plant outside like @chemistry said.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
put it in the ground, agree with all info above, another issue is that pot is way too small for that plant you probably should be watering it everyday being that size.
putting it in the ground is your only chance..

Moshmen

Moshmen

Should have read the whole thread before I pitched in ! Lol good luck don’t give up your real close

Top Bottom