Problem with my Timber Redwood-VS COB light.

• Thread starter DismalDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

Hello all,been awhile since I've been around the forums so I apologize if this has already been covered.
I've been using two sets of the Redwood-VS since early 2018 and they have served me very well.
Just recently the dimmer knob on one light has started to make a whirring noise when turning lights from low to high
causing the LED's to flicker.
The noise isn't coming from the driver so I'm guessing that the dimmer is or has gone bad.
Has anyone else had a problem like this before and if so, how did you resolve it?
I was also wondering if I could just remove the dimmer all together but I'd like to hear opinions of experience before I dive in.
Note:Timber seems to be gone or changed their name. I have had no luck finding the company.
Thanks in advance.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Hello all,been awhile since I've been around the forums so I apologize if this has already been covered.
I've been using two sets of the Redwood-VS since early 2018 and they have served me very well.
Just recently the dimmer knob on one light has started to make a whirring noise when turning lights from low to high
causing the LED's to flicker.
The noise isn't coming from the driver so I'm guessing that the dimmer is or has gone bad.
Has anyone else had a problem like this before and if so, how did you resolve it?
I was also wondering if I could just remove the dimmer all together but I'd like to hear opinions of experience before I dive in.
Note:Timber seems to be gone or changed their name. I have had no luck finding the company.
Thanks in advance.
Problem solved. Dan from Timber helped me out. It is/was a bad dimmer switch.

Top Bottom