Problem with Titan's 8 light (220V) controller.....

• Thread starter growhard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growhard

Hello,
I have a Titan eight light controller that is only running two lights, but it should be eight!
Please excuse my lack of electrical knowledge but the two lights that are running, test at 113V between the ground and either wire and 220V between the neutral and hot wires.
The other six outlets also test the same 113V but when testing between the hot and neutral, I'm only getting negligible readings.
Is the box toast, should I pull the cover off the controller and test something else?
Thanks in advance for your time and advice...

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hello,
I have a Titan eight light controller that is only running two lights, but it should be eight!
Please excuse my lack of electrical knowledge but the two lights that are running, test at 113V between the ground and either wire and 220V between the neutral and hot wires.
The other six outlets also test the same 113V but when testing between the hot and neutral, I'm only getting negligible readings.
Is the box toast, should I pull the cover off the controller and test something else?
Thanks in advance for your time and advice...

hey growhard, sounds like you have an ohm meter, how are you checking the volts on the line of each plug? you should plug ends into the vertical slots, and they should read 200-240v. When you put one end into vertical and other into circular hole it should read ~120v, try checking all the plugs. Make sure your lighting controller match your ballast, so if they are 240v lines you should have a ballast that is also 240 or switchable. when you say hot and neutral are you referring to one end in vertical and other end in circular? is your reading 100-120?

G

growhard

Hot (short pin), neutral (taller pin) and ground (the round one). Ballasts are 220 only. Getting nothing between the hot and neutral (both vertical slots).
I spoke to the guys at Titan, and they have admitted to a defective unit, and were awesome to deal with, and the warranty is for three years (unlike shitty C.A.P. products and their rude customer/return service!).... new one being sent out shortly.
Thanks AeroJoe.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Nice to hear you got that resolved man. Having a malfunctioning powerbox is really scary man, your lucky you didn't have any type of fire. My buddy had a defective one, was making the wire get really hot. I made him turn that shit off and check on the plug, good thing I did cause that shit was like fused to the socket. We have a lifetime warranty on our box but I think if it malfunctions the box will be least of our worries.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hot (short pin), neutral (taller pin) and ground (the round one). Ballasts are 220 only. Getting nothing between the hot and neutral (both vertical slots).
I spoke to the guys at Titan, and they have admitted to a defective unit, and were awesome to deal with, and the warranty is for three years (unlike shitty C.A.P. products and their rude customer/return service!).... new one being sent out shortly.
Thanks AeroJoe.

Nice to hear you got that resolved man. Having a malfunctioning powerbox is really scary man, your lucky you didn't have any type of fire. My buddy had a defective one, was making the wire get really hot. I made him turn that shit off and check on the plug, good thing I did cause that shit was like fused to the socket. We have a lifetime warranty on our box but I think if it malfunctions the box will be least of our worries.

Funny I just saw this- I just got through warning someone else off CAP crap not even 3 minutes ago. Everything that outfit does is CHEAP. I would never trust their gear to run high power equipment. They can't even make a freakin' bulkhead correctly so it doesn't leak!

Personally, if I were you I would look at a Sentinel HPH-8 high power controller: HID lighting controllers. It doesn't have a timer but it does have a nice long trigger cord, which you can hook up to an HID-2 Lighting Control. This thing is badass, because it combines a digital timer with battery backup with built-in hot start prevention AND a high temperature sensor on a 4 meter remote cord! (yes, the website says 'coming soon', but it's been on the market for a year or two already)

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

still having problems with your titan? ive got a sentinel hph-8 never used just collecting dust if youre interested

G

growhard

Thank you smartcalyx, but I got it fixed and returned. Funny thing is, it is now upgraded to the newer model with a dedicated ground input.
A wire burned out, rendering one side of the controller useless.
All good now.

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

Nice! That happens alot, its kinda like the art of the return. Gotta love it

Top Bottom