Problems 2 Days Into Flower,hydro

• Thread starter Growops
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growops

hi this just happened 2 days into flower . ive just switched to back to hydroton after being hit hard with fungus gnats in coco . I top feed each pot with ro water 24hrs in post filled with hydroton. ph 5,5 to 6, always .temps are 80-85f rh is 50-60 lights on. off 70F. under 2K watt Hps , LA confidential. the last 3 days of veg the res. was changed and I set the ppm at 300.then put them into flower started at 200ppm after the 1st day I see clawing then day 2 I took these pictures . I assumed it was N+ but aren't my ppm low already enough ?also using Co2 @700ppm to start . Co2 stays on 24/7 cause I run two rooms dumping the air in another room where co2 Gen.& AC is . the last 20hrs has been ph'd RO water . please help thank you

Problems 2 days into flowerhydro
Problems 2 days into flowerhydro 2
Problems 2 days into flowerhydro 3
Problems 2 days into flowerhydro 4
Problems 2 days into flowerhydro 5
Problems 2 days into flowerhydro 6
Problems 2 days into flowerhydro 7
Problems 2 days into flowerhydro 8
Problems 2 days into flowerhydro 9
Problems 2 days into flowerhydro 10
G

Growops

here is one I kept out of flower receiving 200ppm veg under 400w MH

IMGP1260
G

Growops

edit -hi im having an issue. this just happened 2 days into flower . ive also just switched to back to hydroton after being hit hard with fungus gnats in coco , now this ... I top feed each pot with ro water, water runs 24hrs re circulating back to res. pots are filled with hydroton. ph 5,5 to 6, always .temps are 80-85f rh is 50-60% . 2K watt Hps ,4x LA confidential each light. the last 3 days of veg the res. was changed and I set the ppm at 300.then put them into flower started at 200ppm flowering nutes after the 1st day I see clawing then day 2 I took these pictures . I assumed it was N+ but aren't my ppm low enough already ?also using Co2 @700ppm to start . Co2 stays on 24/7 cause I run two rooms dumping the air in another room where co2 Gen.& AC is . the last 20hrs has been ph'd RO water . please help thank you for reading

S

Seed Buyer

I would not water hydroton during the dark cycle. I would also not run co2 24 hrs a day as I have seen the same problem when a co2 burner accidently ran 24 hrs a day. I would bump your feed up.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
I just switched from hydroton to coco. Not sure how you have fungus gnat problems with coco but not hydroton. Here's my advice.

Stop feeding plain RO water. Even if you pH RO water, it has nothing in it to stabilize the pH. That is not going to help in hydroton. If your intention is to flush, use a low EC/ppm fertilizer, as that will be more effective for removing unwanted salts. Keep your pH at 5.8 exactly.

Seed Buyer is right, don't water during dark time.

When you refer to your nutrient strength, please use EC. It is constant, whereas ppm can be in the 500 scale or 700 scale. An EC feed of .4 to .5 would be fine right now.

From the pictures, and having no idea what nutes you're using, I'd say you have two problems. Overwatering and also your pH is out of whack, which you are confusing with the claw. Your leaves are twisted (usually pH) and have low turgor pressure because they are being watered too much. Take the covers off the hydroton, that is going to make overwatering worse. Get yourself a short cycle timer, and set it to water for 30 seconds every few hours. If you watch your plants like a hawk, you can then figure out a good watering cycle for your environment.

I run 1 burner as well for my veg and flower. I keep it set a the low (350 ppm-the usual amount of co2 in outdoor atmosphere) and the high at 650- 700ppm. Make sure your burners are completely combusting all of the propane, as that can make plants look stressed too.

Are the temps the same in the veg room as the flower room? Are the plants 80-85degrees at the canopy level, or is that what your thermo reads on the wall? That's too hot with too low RH imo, at least up the RH to 65% the first 4 weeks.

Last, but not least, flipping from a 400 MH to a 1K HPS will stress the plant going from different spectrums.

Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Top Bottom