PROBLEMS AGAIN

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PrefersHam

PrefersHam

This idea that we have some special cultivair with special needs, is, from an Agricultural standpoint - ridiculous.

Im not a writer im a biter. well put D9.

Peace,

Ham

Amber

Amber

Are you running your top off hot or with tap and at what ph is your top off? How high is your water level in your UC? You said you have nice white roots, are the bottom and lower sides of your net pot fillled out or do you have pop out roots that are giving a nice mass lower than the net pots? Also, at what temps do you run your water at? Just some questions to knock around a few thoughts I'm having.. Have you found a spot to have your water tested yet, I know you were wanting one..
Do you know a good place for water testing?

squiggly

squiggly

That is "plants," which is a common way to approach any plant in the AG industry.

This idea that we have some special cultivair with special needs, is, from an Agricultural standpoint - ridiculous.

While this is for the most part true I think it's important to not lose the nuance of feeding different phenotypes differently.

Metabolism is different in each plant, even to some degree in clones--but certainly between different phenotypes.

For instance, if my brother were to eat the way I do he would be a very VERY fat man. He is a mesomorph and will put on the pounds with no problem.

I, on the other hand, am an ectomorph--and I can eat until the cows come home, and then I can eat the cows, and I won't gain a fucking pound.

135 every day since age 16 (except when I was bulking for sports in high school--6 months post high school after 4 years of gaining weight I was back to 135).

Of course there is a bit more variability in humans because we have so many organ systems and they are interconnected. Plants are significantly more simple and that's why I say that it is mostly true what Quantum said here.

A big part of what keeps MJ growers the laughing stock of the AG world is failure to realize this very simple notion.

At the same time, we shouldn't lose sight that individuals will have different needs based on their genetics--but these won't have such variability that it renders these common values useless.

Amber

Amber

While this is for the most part true I think it's important to not lose the nuance of feeding different phenotypes differently.

Metabolism is different in each plant, even to some degree in clones--but certainly between different phenotypes.

For instance, if my brother were to eat the way I do he would be a very VERY fat man. He is a mesomorph and will put on the pounds with no problem.

I, on the other hand, am an ectomorph--and I can eat until the cows come home, and then I can eat the cows, and I won't gain a fucking pound.

135 every day since age 16 (except when I was bulking for sports in high school--6 months post high school after 4 years of gaining weight I was back to 135).

Of course there is a bit more variability in humans because we have so many organ systems and they are interconnected. Plants are significantly more simple and that's why I say that it is mostly true what Quantum said here.

A big part of what keeps MJ growers the laughing stock of the AG world is failure to realize this very simple notion.

At the same time, we shouldn't lose sight that individuals will have different needs based on their genetics--but these won't have such variability that it renders these common values useless.
Very well put Squiggly.

For example I put this hibiscus in a corner of my basement just so she will live through the winter months. It gets a little light from a florescent I usually forget to shut off anyways so now I can say I left it on for my hibiscus. If I feel like it I sometimes dump the little bit of water left over in the res (u no that the pump spits back when I turn it off) into a pitcher and give it to the hibiscus. I go down there one day last month snow on the ground outside but beautiful tropical flower in bloom in the basement.:playful:
IMG 0592

Quantum9

Quantum9

Well some plants don't have a flowering/fruiting process, but yeah, I am referring specifically to cannabis because that is what I grow, you can get nutrients specifically for orchids at lowes, or veggies, like tomatoes.

So my question wasn't about the special needs of cannabis, just if the total uptake/tissue sample would be inaccurate during the flowering process because the buds would need different nutrients.

I think during the veg process it would be fairly accurate.

Not really.... Cannabis uses just as much N during flower as veg (probably more based on the size difference of the plant), even if every hydro store in the world tells you differently.

squiggly

squiggly

Nope. The whole time.

2nd this.

As long as new mass is being added, be it stem or flowers, nitrogen is required in essentially the same proportion that it always is.

Nitrogen is a necessary structural element for SO SO many components of ANY new growth. To list a few:

1. Proteins
2. DNA
3. Lipids
4. Energy currency

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Nope. The whole time.

So this brings me back to the original question, would a leaf tissue analysis be somewhat accurate for bud production?? Not just N, but for all the other macro-nutrients (P K Ca Mg S).

I'm trying to figure out the ratios, not just if N is needed more during growth or bloom. So since N is needed more during the entire bloom cycle, would it be at the same ratio as veg/stretch?? I've seen tissue samples and the ratios stay basically the same during the entire life of a cannabis plant, which I THINK would be inaccurate because specific nutrients are needed in different amounts at specific stages of flowering, but the leaf analysis just shows 1 amount of nutrients for the entire flower cycle.

So since I 'think' it would be inaccurate, I would like someone who has alot more experience in growing then myself to let me know the truth.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Can I just hire a goddamn team of scientists to carry out these different tests for me and take tissue samples? Lol its pretty much impossible to tell what to do anymore... "No n during flower, no wait, n all the way thru." Wtf?!?! Seriously squiggs and quantum, what's the best way to actually scientifically find out what the plant actually needs or wants or what is useful or what hurts?????? I just today had a discussion w my partner about using whey protein in teas. Had to reference woodsmanehs posts bcuz he was ready to quit after capulator laughed at him.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Possibly lack of micronutes? No evidence or science to back it up but if there aren't enuff micros maybe the plants r using them all as fast as u can put them in, thus explaining a drop in ph and ppm...

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Can I just hire a goddamn team of scientists to carry out these different tests for me and take tissue samples? Lol its pretty much impossible to tell what to do anymore... "No n during flower, no wait, n all the way thru." Wtf?!?! Seriously squiggs and quantum, what's the best way to actually scientifically find out what the plant actually needs or wants or what is useful or what hurts?????? I just today had a discussion w my partner about using whey protein in teas. Had to reference woodsmanehs posts bcuz he was ready to quit after capulator laughed at him.

Wish I had a team of scientists, but thats not gonna happen :( There are so many different opinions out there I'm just going with what works for me and my plants in my garden.

Leaf tissue analysis shows whats in the leaf, not the bud, just like a stem analysis will be different then the leaf. I'm keeping the nutes the same throughout most of flower and boosting PK 3 times, lower N and Ca after week 5 and raise Mg and S, thats on an 8 week strain. If the leaves stay green then they have enough N, right?!?

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Wish I had a team of scientists, but thats not gonna happen :( There are so many different opinions out there I'm just going with what works for me and my plants in my garden.

Leaf tissue analysis shows whats in the leaf, not the bud, just like a stem analysis will be different then the leaf. I'm keeping the nutes the same throughout most of flower and boosting PK 3 times, lower N and Ca after week 5 and raise Mg and S, thats on an 8 week strain. If the leaves stay green then they have enough N, right?!?
Sounds legitimate. U been subscribing to the jalisco kid bible too eh?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Sounds legitimate. U been subscribing to the jalisco kid bible too eh?

Hahaa JK bible lol I don't know much about how he grows, but lots of other growers do that and it worked best for me compared to other things I've tried.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Well what's good everyone I'm on my next run week 4 and started again the dropping of the ph. It started in week 2 of flower started at EC .5 once it hit .3 ph starts to drop so I add back nutes every 2 days back to .5 ph goes up for the 2 days once it goes back to .3 it goes down so in week 3 I up the EC to .7 I have notice that after a while even if I put the EC at .5 it stills drop so that why I up to .7 now I'm in week 4 and start EC is 1.0 once EC hit lower than .8 it drop again. Why does it keep doing this also I can't back down after week 5 or 6 cause of the drop.
My top of is RO or tap with 50 EC .0 or 50 ppm (700 scale)

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

i hate the undercurrent i gave to many problems

What's happening RVD I admit I have issues but I don't hate it the undercurrent has given me the best grow ever its just tweeting your system. So tell us maybe we can help

rvd

rvd

root rot i had tryed everything i could find cleaned system over and over i had some very heavy runs but i also went crazy from that thing haha.no more for me.i traded it to a growstore and after failure again and again they have it for sale now.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

What exactly does the uc do??? How does the water come in? How fast? How much? How big are the buckets? Is it pumping from the reservoir into one bucket then the next or pump from the res into a main line that feeds all simultaneously? How often does the pump come on? Airstones in buckets???
I want to help but not up to date w uc. I know rdwc but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom