PROBLEMS AGAIN

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Worm254

Well what's good everyone I'm on my next run week 4 and started again the dropping of the ph. It started in week 2 of flower started at EC .5 once it hit .3 ph starts to drop so I add back nutes every 2 days back to .5 ph goes up for the 2 days once it goes back to .3 it goes down so in week 3 I up the EC to .7 I have notice that after a while even if I put the EC at .5 it stills drop so that why I up to .7 now I'm in week 4 and start EC is 1.0 once EC hit lower than .8 it drop again. Why does it keep doing this also I can't back down after week 5 or 6 cause of the drop.
My top of is RO or tap with 50 EC .0 or 50 ppm (700 scale)

Dont sweat your ph swing, whether it be UP or DOWN. if you have health roots and health leaves you have a health plant regardless of your ph swing. a page back i responded to your ph swing and still find that holds true. i to am on week 4 and experience the same exact thing. your downward swing im guessing started around the time you started using the booster(just a guess?). Im no expert in the field but my guess is that the plants are using what they want and the rest gets left behind. i go back and forth between weekly and bi-weekly flushes (depending on how heavy i feed that week) which i found helps out with the ph drift downward. i would keep feeding your plants like u normally would and just keep the ph in a good range. I also believe a lower starting ph (5.1-5.3ish) will make it so u don't need as much booster as the P and K are more readily available at that lower ph, which might explain why once the booster is added the ph swing starts to change as they dont need as much as they are receiving(could be wrong, just think out loud)
The best thing i did was stop treating ph swing up=good, down swing=bad as a rule and instead use it as a guideline for different stages of growth: maybe during veg and early stretch

ttystikk

ttystikk

Wow. I'm sorry you did not find success with the uc. I run an RDWC system I built myself, and I am happy with its performance. I did a few things I have not seen others do, like run topfeed irrigation to the basket over the RDWC water- but I think it works very well. Cooling the water to at least 65 is essential, I cool mine to 62.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

See Im having difficulty w the theoretical of rdwc that pumps from the res into one bucket then the next bucket from there(which is what i believe the uc does)..it seems ud get a human centipede sort of effect. Ya know what I'm saying? The last buckets get only the shit left behind from the first buckets...
Anyone truly versed in this that can shed some light on the issue? Itseems there would b all sorts of odd occurences if im correct in my assumption.

ttystikk

ttystikk

See Im having difficulty w the theoretical of rdwc that pumps from the res into one bucket then the next bucket from there(which is what i believe the uc does)..it seems ud get a human centipede sort of effect. Ya know what I'm saying? The last buckets get only the shit left behind from the first buckets...
Anyone truly versed in this that can shed some light on the issue? Itseems there would b all sorts of odd occurences if im correct in my assumption.

You would be right if the plants were able to draw nutrients out at will, like a six year old who picks his favorites out of a whole plate of candy bars. However, they cannot, so they draw up what's available. Since the Undercurrent circulates water fast enough for it to stay aerated, the water is also moving fast enough to keep presenting fresh nutes to the roots.

Top Bottom