Problems in veg wont stop

• Thread starter JerryBerry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JerryBerry

Hey Guys,

First of all, sorry for my english, i am from germany. I also posted this in a german forum but nobody has been able to help.

As you can see in the pictures my plants are allmost dying from the bottom. During my first grows i never had anything like this. It starts with the fan leaves at the bottom a untill it reaches the upper part of the plant.

I really think this up to overwatering , cause the girls get fertilized with bio bizz. So there can be no nutrient defficiency cause of the fertilizer.

In Germany they told me its CalMag, but as i am mixing tap and osmosis water, there is no way. Im the end it looks more like potassium def to me.

The main Problem is my plants dont root and grow as fast as before. Think its also because of underwatering.

I watered the plants some days ago, but the weight of the pots is not decreasing. The upper part of the soil is dry but inside it is still wet and wont get really dry.

I also reduced the Light of my p1000 to 50%. Its about 12 inch away from the plants.

Pot size:11l so 3 gal
Biobizz lightmix and nutrients. Also using mykos.
Week 5 of veg
Ph is 6.2-6.4
Startetd watering just around the plant, then soaked the Medium completly. -->inappropiate

Hope someone can help me. Right now i am really confused and i dont know how to get amazing yields like in my first grows.

Thank you!!
20220512_181807.jpg

20220512_182003.jpg

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hey Guys,

First of all, sorry for my english, i am from germany. I also posted this in a german forum but nobody has been able to help.

As you can see in the pictures my plants are allmost dying from the bottom. During my first grows i never had anything like this. It starts with the fan leaves at the bottom a untill it reaches the upper part of the plant.

I really think this up to overwatering , cause the girls get fertilized with bio bizz. So there can be no nutrient defficiency cause of the fertilizer.

In Germany they told me its CalMag, but as i am mixing tap and osmosis water, there is no way. Im the end it looks more like potassium def to me.

The main Problem is my plants dont root and grow as fast as before. Think its also because of underwatering.

I watered the plants some days ago, but the weight of the pots is not decreasing. The upper part of the soil is dry but inside it is still wet and wont get really dry.

I also reduced the Light of my p1000 to 50%. Its about 12 inch away from the plants.

Pot size:11l so 3 gal
Biobizz lightmix and nutrients. Also using mykos.
Week 5 of veg
Ph is 6.2-6.4
Startetd watering just around the plant, then soaked the Medium completly. -->inappropiate

Hope someone can help me. Right now i am really confused and i dont know how to get amazing yields like in my first grows.

Thank you!!
View attachment 1244464
View attachment 1244465
I think your watering technique is the problem,drowning roots,add more perlite to the mix next time and layer on the bottom for air and drainage and you won't overwater

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

As a rule of thumb, I keep my plants in smaller pots (using the rule of thumb that the plants diameter should be bigger than the pot) and find that it takes an average of 4-5 days between watering/ feedings. When the plant starts needing more water than this, I repot to the next size up(example, from 1 gallon to a 3 gallon) and allow my watering/ feedings to decrease again the number of days to allow for a dry period. 👍

J

JerryBerry

I think your watering technique is the problem,drowning roots,add more perlite to the mix next time and layer on the bottom for air and drainage and you won't overwater
Isn't there enough perlite in the biobizz soil?
Just took one of the plants out of the container, removed half of the soil that was kind of dry and wet at the same time. Put it back and watered the thing. Lets wait and see what happens.
Btw the roots are way to small for the big container. They also did not look that good. Very airy and weak.

J

JerryBerry

As a rule of thumb, I keep my plants in smaller pots (using the rule of thumb that the plants diameter should be bigger than the pot) and find that it takes an average of 4-5 days between watering/ feedings. When the plant starts needing more water than this, I repot to the next size up(example, from 1 gallon to a 3 gallon) and allow my watering/ feedings to decrease again the number of days to allow for a dry period. 👍
Do you wait untill the pots are completely rooted? Is the plant size the main thing i should care about before repot-like you said?

Thanks a lot !🤞

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

My correlation was the amount of actual watering/ feeding days between....but the size of the plants is more the way I grow and shape up my plants, but by using that scale, I am able to control the amount of medium for the plant size I am using. Cannabis needs a drying period in soil. This whole idea of dipping your finger into the top few inches of soil is not a good gage to know if roots are dry....especially if you have a small plant in a 5 gallon bucket for example. That amount of medium will hold water in the medium for a much longer period of time than if it was in a 3 gallon pot, and hence a larger pot will take much more time to dry out as opposed to a smaller pot and will help in establishing better watering/ feeding practices 👍

20220430 173652
J

JerryBerry

My correlation was the amount of actual watering/ feeding days between....but the size of the plants is more the way I grow and shape up my plants, but by using that scale, I am able to control the amount of medium for the plant size I am using. Cannabis needs a drying period in soil. This whole idea of dipping your finger into the top few inches of soil is not a good gage to know if roots are dry....especially if you have a small plant in a 5 gallon bucket for example. That amount of medium will hold water in the medium for a much longer period of time than if it was in a 3 gallon pot, and hence a larger pot will take much more time to dry out as opposed to a smaller pot and will help in establishing better watering/ feeding practices 👍
I will definitely follow your adivices!

maybe i should switch back to hps/cmh for veg to push transpiration and evaporation🤔

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Isn't there enough perlite in the biobizz soil?
Just took one of the plants out of the container, removed half of the soil that was kind of dry and wet at the same time. Put it back and watered the thing. Lets wait and see what happens.
Btw the roots are way to small for the big container. They also did not look that good. Very airy and weak.
The roots will be small unless the soil is evenly watered and wet/dry cycled. If you add more perlite it reduces the chances of overwatering quite a bit but you will have to water more frequently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom