Problems with first 13 gallon vertical grow.

• Thread starter Pimpernickel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimpernickel

1. I've grown successfully with 8 gallon 25" spaced Undercurrent systems with hoods/scrog for sometime.

In my new room I have two 4 site 13 gallon UC systems with 40" spacing.
    Leaf temps fluctuated between 76 and 85 degrees, they are generally at 77, the heater is oversized and by the time it cycles the temps get higher.
    I'm using H&G nutrients. I ran week 5 with Top Booster twice since 818 could wrong longer and the buds appeared underdeveloped.
    5 vertical 600W lights
    1300ppm CO2 2 18" fans covering each set.
    Blackwater and 818 Headband strains.
    40-50% humidity except for the first three weeks at 20%ish, 2 of which were veg. I had to get a humidifier.

The only mistreatment the plants received was right before flip, the heater malfunctioned and the plants saw two days of 50-60 degree temperatures. This didn't appear to hurt them badly, perhaps a bit of slow growth after flip.
    Growth overall was explosive, starting at about 15" in diameter and height ever increasing. They're currently all about 6'tall including bucket with one at 7', wide enough that a couple had to be tied back to keep a space between them with 40" centers. Buckets full of perfectly healthy roots. The buds however are very small. They also look extremely underdeveloped, almost as if I was at week 3 rather than 6. What type of problem could I be having where plant health appears fine, I have fantastic plant growth, yet these small, underdeveloped looking buds? The largest plant actually had the smallest, most underdeveloped buds, practically all pistil and no calyx.

Also, where can I find cheap uni-seal replacements for my 8 gallon systems. I'm pretty sure I found the smaller ones for the air diffuser but I'll have to measure to be sure. The only larger ones Google turned up was 2", or are those what I want for 2.5" pipe?

cephalopod

cephalopod

Are your lights stacked and those centers are going to be a little tight for 6-7' trees, I'd say just about equal centers to height. Usplatics for the uniseals.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Co2 levels to high, temp to low, and humidity to low..imo..I would cut your co2 completely from end of week 6

P

Pimpernickel

Ceph, single lights only. I realize my plants became too large, growth was ridiculous. Still, even the bud near the light is just terrible. .

Kid, I normally run perpetual. Do you have any reason to believe elevated CO2 levels are a detriment rather than unnecessary in late stage?

Pierogi20

Pierogi20

Are you pruning those beasts?

fwiw, high CO2 can slow maturation and some strains just don't like the undercurrent system.

cephalopod

cephalopod

I have heard reports of loss of flavor in addition to the lengthened ripening period and fox-tailing. Current Culture has a recommendation chart you can look at to check out the Co2 levels. There are also Vapor Pressure Deficit charts floating around to take look at what TK is mentioning.

cephalopod

cephalopod

What type of water are you starting with and what parameters are you keeping in your res? Ph, ec, temp, good dissolved oxygen, how many times an hour does your pump turn your system volume, what's our nute profile looking like, hows the res act? Stuff like that will help better figure out what's going on/not going on. Tops offs? Weekly changes?

Top Bottom