Problems with my Flood and drain iws system

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Iā€™m gonna chime in here and say this looks like mites man.

Deforced

Deforced

PROBLEM SOLVED. AFTER REMOVING SILICON FROM THE FEED SQEDUAL THEY ALL PERKED UP WITH HEALTHY NEW GROWTH. I WAS ADDING SILICON AND IT WAS MAKING MY WATER CLOUDY. I TRIED ADDING IT FIRST TO DILUTE IT BUT IT STILL DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING. I THINK IT WAS MIXING WITH MY FEED AND CAUSING A CHEMICAL REACTION. NOW IVE REMOVED IT ALL SEEMS OKšŸ‘Œ

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

PROBLEM SOLVED. AFTER REMOVING SILICON FROM THE FEED SQEDUAL THEY ALL PERKED UP WITH HEALTHY NEW GROWTH. I WAS ADDING SILICON AND IT WAS MAKING MY WATER CLOUDY. I TRIED ADDING IT FIRST TO DILUTE IT BUT IT STILL DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING. I THINK IT WAS MIXING WITH MY FEED AND CAUSING A CHEMICAL REACTION. NOW IVE REMOVED IT ALL SEEMS OKšŸ‘Œ
Try silicon dioxide then.

If it was potassium silicate you need to add and let it mix at a high ph for like 20-30min the ph down to 6.5 before adding anything else.

Jambuster6

Jambuster6

I had this exact same problem with my autopots when I used rhino skin silicone it played havoc with my pH I was having to add ph up , dropped the silicone from the feed everything went back to normal. By the way mate would you recommend the iws flood n drain system I've been looking at there new xl system with the 20 litre pots ??

Deforced

Deforced

I had this exact same problem with my autopots when I used rhino skin silicone it played havoc with my pH I was having to add ph up , dropped the silicone from the feed everything went back to normal. By the way mate would you recommend the iws flood n drain system I've been looking at there new xl system with the 20 litre pots ??
Weird mate, I've dropped it out now but might try reintroducing it but add it first then adjusting my ph before adding the rest of the nutes. I can honestly say it's an easy system to use for simplicity, im using 60/40 coco clay mix but I am infact thinking of changing the system altogether to a 16 pot 33litres rdwc proflow system and see how it performs in yeild wise compared to cococlay mix in this flood and drain I'm using now. What size plants are you actually trying to achieve? How long you thinking of vegging for pal? Myself I've only ever gone for the 16litre pots and it was just too much medium to be using so I dropped back to 10.5 punch pots. I do suppose it is all down to how big your wanting your plants but you can achieve very good results in the 10.5l pots depending on veg time. I'll drop you a message mate

Jambuster6

Jambuster6

Weird mate, I've dropped it out now but might try reintroducing it but add it first then adjusting my ph before adding the rest of the nutes. I can honestly say it's an easy system to use for simplicity, im using 60/40 coco clay mix but I am infact thinking of changing the system altogether to a 16 pot 33litres rdwc proflow system and see how it performs in yeild wise compared to cococlay mix in this flood and drain I'm using now. What size plants are you actually trying to achieve? How long you thinking of vegging for pal? Myself I've only ever gone for the 16litre pots and it was just too much medium to be using so I dropped back to 10.5 punch pots. I do suppose it is all down to how big your wanting your plants but you can achieve very good results in the 10.5l pots depending on veg time. I'll drop you

Weird mate, I've dropped it out now but might try reintroducing it but add it first then adjusting my ph before adding the rest of the nutes. I can honestly say it's an easy system to use for simplicity, im using 60/40 coco clay mix but I am infact thinking of changing the system altogether to a 16 pot 33litres rdwc proflow system and see how it performs in yeild wise compared to cococlay mix in this flood and drain I'm using now. What size plants are you actually trying to achieve? How long you thinking of vegging for pal? Myself I've only ever gone for the 16litre pots and it was just too much medium to be using so I dropped back to 10.5 punch pots. I do suppose it is all down to how big your wanting your plants but you can achieve very good results in the 10.5l pots depending on veg time. I'll drop you a message mate
Thanks for reply mate , I generally flick the light cycle at 2-3 week veg or 12-16" whichever comes 1st as they usually quadruple in size .
I've run autopots for a long time and always liked them but itching to try something new , I had a small flood n drain table years ago and did quite well with it so I'm thinking with the iws system I'll have flood n drain with the freedom of being able to spread the pots around if they overgrow ? I'm not too keen on the clay pebbles tho I used them in my system years ago and everytime it drained the ph would go up 2 points so might look at using those tiny 1cm rockwool cubes perhaps.

Deforced

Deforced

Thanks for reply mate , I generally flick the light cycle at 2-3 week veg or 12-16" whichever comes 1st as they usually quadruple in size .
I've run autopots for a long time and always liked them but itching to try something new , I had a small flood n drain table years ago and did quite well with it so I'm thinking with the iws system I'll have flood n drain with the freedom of being able to spread the pots around if they overgrow ? I'm not too keen on the clay pebbles tho I used them in my system years ago and everytime it drained the ph would go up 2 points so might look at using those tiny 1cm rockwool cubes perhaps.
No problem mate anytime, yh I know what your saying but did you use just clay pebbles or a 60/40 mix like me? Usually it will knock the ph up a point maybe everytime it drains back into the flexi tank, I don't have time to monitor mine and adjust the ph everyday so I'm buying a bluelab ph adjuster that automatically does it for you but then again it comes at a price of Ā£400. I think you'll still have the same issue with the small rockwools mate if I'm honest

Jambuster6

Jambuster6

No problem mate anytime, yh I know what your saying but did you use just clay pebbles or a 60/40 mix like me? Usually it will knock the ph up a point maybe everytime it drains back into the flexi tank, I don't have time to monitor mine and adjust the ph everyday so I'm buying a bluelab ph adjuster that automatically does it for you but then again it comes at a price of Ā£400. I think you'll still have the same issue with the small rockwools mate if I'm honest
Hi mate,
Yeah when I had my little flood n drain table I used just clay pebbles then switched to that Mapito stuff and it seemed to sort out the ph thing. Those blue lab things are amazing by the way saves a lot of time .

Latest posts

Top Bottom