Problems with the new blue diesel ?

• Thread starter nangonug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
So after reading so many grand reviews of sannies gear I decided to give it a try. I ordered New blue diesel, Killing fields and Jack berry. It started with no seeds for a while. After it became appairent that they were not going to arive I contacted Sannie and he was right on it and I had my beens finally. I decided to pop 5 of the blue diesel and see what would become. All five germinated and ended up with 3 females and 2 males. I grow medical and grow trees to keep plant count right. I had room for 2 plants in my room so I had to hold one back for a bit. I was initially impressed with the plant structure and development but around the end of the 3rd week one of them began to yellow leaves. The next week the other plan followed suit. I thought maybe they were real hogs and tryed a small boost of N to perk them up but no go. They still were developing ok so I let them go. One of the plants had very dark flowers but a funny structure. The other plant had a more developed flower but not as blue. Both smelt simular but a bit different. Neither of these plants will be getting a second chance or staying in my stable as they both hermied pretty bad. I think if they had been able to grow properly the one plant with the solid bud structure may have been alright but I am not going to even give it a chance because of the instability. All other plants in the room grew out wonderfully so I don't believe it was stress related. The third BD is in the room at around week four and guess what, It too is yellowed out. It happenes quickly and its the whole plant all at once. i am quite disipointed so far and had expected to at least have some usable meds. I am wondering if any body else has run out the new blue diesel seeds and what did they end up with. I don't know if I will even try the other 5 seeds out. Further more it has me questioning if its worth the chance to run any more of these seeds. I am now second guessing the other strains stability and viability. I have seen and smoked some outstanding new blue diesel and these plants are a far cry from the quality of the smoke and even if these plants had grown out healthy there still would be no way these two plants would have been close to my refference plant.

I was wondering if anyone has grown these out with simular problems or no problems.Did you have any hermies? Am I experiencing something new. Once again I was hoping that this third plants was a better exaple. It has a very lemony sent to it and the buds were looking ok for the age The other plants had a different funk to them. I will be watching this plant real colse for nanners and other potential causes. I started 5 of the killing field seeds and will give them a go. I sure hope this is not another long draw out disapointment but with so much good word floating around about the killing fields there has to be a keeprr in that bag,

fyi
I use royal gold coco in 20 to 30 gallon containers along with H&g nuites. Pretty much follow H&g's feed schedule and have as yet not ran into a problem with any of the other plants in the stable. In fact since I made the switch to h&g the only thing I miss from the organics I switched from is the finished tast and even thats something that I have to smoke a ton of to really distinguish that its a chem grown smoke. So far the 30 to 40 percent increse in yealds have ofset the tast for me. I have been carded up and growing for around 10 years and have a working knowledge of this wonderful plant. I am leaning towards the plants being infected with some kind of wilt or other plant dsease. At the end both plants leaves were compleatly brown and dried up the rest of the plants in the room were in fantastic so I am at a bit of a loss at this point. I am still hopeful that the killing fields are a different story and I too can jump on the killing fields is killing it train. Its real late and I hope this makes some kind of sence in the morning. Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly aprociated. Peace

L

Lizzard

No problems here

I also grew the nbd only had one plant hermi on me and it was def chem dominant. No yellowing on my end until I began to cut micros and then they did the normal slow even fade to yellow fall colors. The rest of my plants were impressive considering I finished in 1 gallons and got 4 oz of the least potent pheno. Didnt have any that smelled like lemon all mine were sweet or slightly fuely most on the sweet berry side. Wasn't a keeper for me because I dont prefer fruity/sweet flavors but I was very pleased overall and would order from Sannie again. My Girls were Mag hogs and that seemed to be easily cured with a little epsom salt. I think that would be your prob most likely if your in coco. I also use coco Botinicare brand with GH Micro/Bloom. My Journal is posted in here

Reactions: mal
nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks Lizard. I think I have root aphids. I seen a few on one of the plants when trimming. There were two small ones that I mistook for pred mites. I have not found them in the soil but did find a couple in the trays. I grow trees and these fit the bill. I have 3 fenos I think this third one might be a keeper. The first one was almost black it was so blue. Not very good bud structure but great smell. The second one has the bud structure. Its only a bit blue but it is not very strong so I won't be keeping this one either. The third one was starting out very nice till the fade. It has a very lemony smell and hopefully I can knock back the bugs so she can finish. Its a shame those two plants bombed. If they had been keepers this would have been an epic harvest. Now I'm left with a couple pounds of lo grade that I will have to spend hours trying to salvage some. All 3 plants were very simular in structure and looks course it does help that its 6 feet tall. lol I was suprised to see them herm so bad. It has to be an exceptional plant for me to even consider keeping a hermi and even if these were not zaped at the end they would not have been exceptional. I poped some killing fields and have a better filling about this strain. Thanks again for your imput almost a hundred views and not one peep. I figured atleast 10 or 20 would have said you got aphids of the roots dummy. I still have to figure out what to do about them. I spent hours looking through drain pans looking for proof of life. I found one adult and a few smaller ones for my efforts. It's hard to believe there there and doing the damage with out even seeing them. Peace

eyecandi

eyecandi

root aphids are the new bane for growers, little tank bastards are TOUGH to get rid of and many are developing resistances quickly to pesticides. the signs are all over the place too, could look like various nute defficencies or disease - this was my initial sign of them, was varying problems showing across different girls. there are several threads on here discussing them and how to try and eradicate them. worse then supermites, cause you can't see em to fight em!

re: Sannies gear, I've never had issues with his gear myself. ran KF, CR, Heri, Kronocaine and Hericules from him. couple phenos with late stage nanners, but not anything I would consider full hermies.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
root aphids are the new bane for growers, little tank bastards are TOUGH to get rid of and many are developing resistances quickly to pesticides. the signs are all over the place too, could look like various nute defficencies or disease - this was my initial sign of them, was varying problems showing across different girls. there are several threads on here discussing them and how to try and eradicate them. worse then supermites, cause you can't see em to fight em!

re: Sannies gear, I've never had issues with his gear myself. ran KF, CR, Heri, Kronocaine and Hericules from him. couple phenos with late stage nanners, but not anything I would consider full hermies.

Yep they are a real problem. I had some good pictures of them up on before the trannfer. Been hitting hard with caps bennies. Still some flyers and damage so may still have to pull out the big guns. For what ever reason the blue d was the hardest hit. I ran the third one I had through and got an ok pheno but not a keeper in my book. Not a bad plant but it also nannered with seeds so I am giving up in this strain. I am trying the killingfields f3 and a few jackberry to get a better idea of his gear. I well wait to see what I think. Hopefully there will be a keeper in the hunt cause it will be a long time getting back around to these. To many other great stuff in the way to try.

420bliss

420bliss

i received mine from cut so dont know if it is sannies but the bcd i have got to about 19 inches and doesnt want to grow any taller, and seems like it wants to auto flower under 24/0 , the only clone i took from it seems like it is autoing too and it only got 12" before it like quit growing. i havent flowered it yet so i cant comment on hermies

L

loudiamond12

So after reading so many grand reviews of sannies gear I decided to give it a try. I ordered New blue diesel, Killing fields and Jack berry. It started with no seeds for a while. After it became appairent that they were not going to arive I contacted Sannie and he was right on it and I had my beens finally. I decided to pop 5 of the blue diesel and see what would become. All five germinated and ended up with 3 females and 2 males. I grow medical and grow trees to keep plant count right. I had room for 2 plants in my room so I had to hold one back for a bit. I was initially impressed with the plant structure and development but around the end of the 3rd week one of them began to yellow leaves. The next week the other plan followed suit. I thought maybe they were real hogs and tryed a small boost of N to perk them up but no go. They still were developing ok so I let them go. One of the plants had very dark flowers but a funny structure. The other plant had a more developed flower but not as blue. Both smelt simular but a bit different. Neither of these plants will be getting a second chance or staying in my stable as they both hermied pretty bad. I think if they had been able to grow properly the one plant with the solid bud structure may have been alright but I am not going to even give it a chance because of the instability. All other plants in the room grew out wonderfully so I don't believe it was stress related. The third BD is in the room at around week four and guess what, It too is yellowed out. It happenes quickly and its the whole plant all at once. i am quite disipointed so far and had expected to at least have some usable meds. I am wondering if any body else has run out the new blue diesel seeds and what did they end up with. I don't know if I will even try the other 5 seeds out. Further more it has me questioning if its worth the chance to run any more of these seeds. I am now second guessing the other strains stability and viability. I have seen and smoked some outstanding new blue diesel and these plants are a far cry from the quality of the smoke and even if these plants had grown out healthy there still would be no way these two plants would have been close to my refference plant.

I was wondering if anyone has grown these out with simular problems or no problems.Did you have any hermies? Am I experiencing something new. Once again I was hoping that this third plants was a better exaple. It has a very lemony sent to it and the buds were looking ok for the age The other plants had a different funk to them. I will be watching this plant real colse for nanners and other potential causes. I started 5 of the killing field seeds and will give them a go. I sure hope this is not another long draw out disapointment but with so much good word floating around about the killing fields there has to be a keeprr in that bag,

fyi
I use royal gold coco in 20 to 30 gallon containers along with H&g nuites. Pretty much follow H&g's feed schedule and have as yet not ran into a problem with any of the other plants in the stable. In fact since I made the switch to h&g the only thing I miss from the organics I switched from is the finished tast and even thats something that I have to smoke a ton of to really distinguish that its a chem grown smoke. So far the 30 to 40 percent increse in yealds have ofset the tast for me. I have been carded up and growing for around 10 years and have a working knowledge of this wonderful plant. I am leaning towards the plants being infected with some kind of wilt or other plant dsease. At the end both plants leaves were compleatly brown and dried up the rest of the plants in the room were in fantastic so I am at a bit of a loss at this point. I am still hopeful that the killing fields are a different story and I too can jump on the killing fields is killing it train. Its real late and I hope this makes some kind of sence in the morning. Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly aprociated. Peace
You might want to check your ph runoff and see what your getting. You might have had some bad coco or just a bad batch of seeds. It happens to the best breeders. Seeds are like humans, not everyone is born correctly. Some are born with genetic abnormalities.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
You might want to check your ph runoff and see what your getting. You might have had some bad coco or just a bad batch of seeds. It happens to the best breeders. Seeds are like humans, not everyone is born correctly. Some are born with genetic abnormalities.

Good thought. Always start with simple problems and work up Besides the root aphids the plants were doing fine. The other 9 plants in the room in the same coco using the same everything all fine. All of the blue diesel seed stock I recieved hermied. The ones I ran and ones that were ran elsewhere.. (no ra'a over there) Plus the product was not even close to what floats around here for new blue diesel. Because of the problems I am a bit hesitant to run other sannies gear but I have 5 killing field females in the room now and they are all looking good. I also have a jackberry I am trying so I am giving his gear a decent shot. Someone else on here said they had all males in there seed run. I started 6 jackberry's and only got one female which is very unusual. Out of 6 seeds i usually end up with 4 or 5 females but only one this time. Peace

L

loudiamond12

I'm currently running hercules, mad scientist and some madshack fem free seed which are doing just fine
no herming issues. And to clarify NBD is actually Breeder's choics seeds which are a collective of breeders who submit to sannie to be sold on his site. He only picks the best strains to put up for sale. Seeds are like a crapshoot if you grow enough of them you are bound to find the breeders intent. At the prices they sell them for , it would be wise to find some room and grow a bunch of them out to find what your looking for. That is why they are so cheap so you can buy more and search for that keeper. And trust me if you find a keeper pheno of any of three possible combinations (Chemdog D, blueberry, chem smell blueberry taste) you have a winner.

L

loudiamond12

The prob is they are F1 and the genetics are not superior like say a serious ak47 or white russian or anything from mandala.

L

loudiamond12

I actually a have some new blue diesel in the fridge. cant pop them because I have some hashberry, satori and
8 mile going. Here is some Satori from my first grow. I plan on taking some male pollen from them this time and brushing a bunch of different strains to see what I come with. THe Satori genetics are unike anyhthing else I have ever seen growing. Massive root systems, thick stems and unreal yield. I got 18 oz from my first grow of 4 plants from seed. one plant in particular put out some super lemony dank. I call it the ladder to heaven pheno cause it grew so damn tall.
DSCN0509
DSCN0507
DSCN0512
DSCN0519

L

loudiamond12

Even the popcorn nugs on the bottom were grade A dank. The high is also very diff from what i am used to, really clear and for some reason it has no cieling the more I smoke the higher I get until I have to close my eyes cause I cant take it.

eyecandi

eyecandi

thats a 2 liter bottle

liar!

hahaha, j/k bro ;) that is one monster of a plant! nice job

sannies male ratios: the only one for me that was 'off' on male ratios was herijuana, only 15% females from 30 beans. but that was OK, because I really just wanted it for breeding stock and I got a nice selection of males to choose from. the ratios also could have been from environmental conditions, as they can be factors in what the plant chooses to be (eg: high temps vs low temps. more blue light vs red.) all other strains were fairly even in ratios, or at least within 'the norm' of my experience with seeds in general.

as for 'they are F1 and not superior like xyz' ... toss enough gear from different breeders and you'd know this statement is very arbitrary. I've grown gear from Serious Seeds and Mandala that tossed herms. 'the proof is in the pudding' comes to mind. many old breeders put out good and crappy gear. just because a strain has been around for a while longer then something else does not make it superior. skills and genetics make superior gear.

Unit541

Unit541

Consider a change in media if root aphids (or any root zone pest) is a continuous problem. I grow in 100% Diatomite. PH nutral, and the last place any kind of critter wants to live.

"Trespassers will be dismembered and violently drained of all bodily fluids." is the message it sends.

It's not cheap, I think I pay like $40 for a 50l bag. However it's reusable like clay pellets, and doesn't require the initial rinse work that the clay does (lighter too). It absorbs some crazy amount of water, I've left pumps off for two days straight and the plants didn't even notice. Also makes available small amounts of Silica, so you can drop that from the res if you're using it.

Several of my soil growing friends top dress with it to keep bugs away from the root zone. On my last grow I ran all #4 perlite, top dressed with about 2 inches of Diatomite. Going back to all Diatomite, as growth rate slowed considerably in perlite.

WilliamC

WilliamC

I actually a have some new blue diesel in the fridge. cant pop them because I have some hashberry, satori and
8 mile going. Here is some Satori from my first grow. I plan on taking some male pollen from them this time and brushing a bunch of different strains to see what I come with. THe Satori genetics are unike anyhthing else I have ever seen growing. Massive root systems, thick stems and unreal yield. I got 18 oz from my first grow of 4 plants from seed. one plant in particular put out some super lemony dank. I call it the ladder to heaven pheno cause it grew so damn tall.View attachment 226327View attachment 226330View attachment 226334View attachment 226335
NICE PHOTOS. Looks like sugar coated candy. Good job!

WilliamC

WilliamC

NICE PHOTOS. Looks like sugar coated candy. Good job!

To add...Assuming that is an indoor grow, it seems like you could cut back on your vege time. At first sign of maturity, when laterals are not even with each other, go to bloom lighting. That will produce the bloom and cut down on the height. Unless we are looking at nothing but colas. If that is the case....damn son. Impressive.

Patanjali

Patanjali

Hey Nan! Sorry to hear about the hermi issues. I just want to throw out there I know from experience, root aphids can very well make a plant hermi. Everything thing I have read (and tried) says bene's alone will not cure your root aphid infestation. If you are seeing flyers, that means you have a lot of them. In my trials and tribulations the only thing that has gotten rid of them is imidicloprid, and this is some nasty stuff. Use very early in veg and not again. I then root drench with azamax later in the cycles. Peace!

Top Bottom