Problems with yield

• Thread starter RacecarRandy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Catdaddy222

Catdaddy222

1. With only one fixture for that many buckets, being able to rotate the plants so they all get an equal share of the sweet spot can help.
2. My yields doubled when I stopped topping my plants and started using LST- tying the main stem and all the branches down horizontal. Topping slows down the growth, and unless you've got time to top, and then top, and then top again, I get way more main colas with LST than I ever did topping the plants, and I don't lose time.
Now, if I only had good lights......

bighempn

bighempn

1. With only one fixture for that many buckets, being able to rotate the plants so they all get an equal share of the sweet spot can help.
2. My yields doubled when I stopped topping my plants and started using LST- tying the main stem and all the branches down horizontal. Topping slows down the growth, and unless you've got time to top, and then top, and then top again, I get way more main colas with LST than I ever did topping the plants, and I don't lose time.
Now, if I only had good lights......

Topping doesn’t slow my girls down, it actually makes them explode. That and stripping leaves about wk 2 of flower. My last run did 11lbs on 4 lights.. I strip away all the bottom leaves and branches and I’ve been getting tons of tops and massive top nugs from just topping once and only the main top. I’ve ran into major problems when I topped a second time though when they got too tall and close to lights. They became so extremely bushy about half way through flower. Ended up having way more larf airy nugs towards the bottom.

Catdaddy222

Catdaddy222

Topping doesn’t slow my girls down, it actually makes them explode. That and stripping leaves about wk 2 of flower. My last run did 11lbs on 4 lights.. I strip away all the bottom leaves and branches and I’ve been getting tons of tops and massive top nugs from just topping once and only the main top. I’ve ran into major problems when I topped a second time though when they got too tall and close to lights. They became so extremely bushy about half way through flower. Ended up having way more larf airy nugs towards the bottom.
11 lbs on 4 lights. What kind of lights, size of room, how many plants?

Latest posts

Top Bottom