Problems

• Thread starter Growboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Over shooting your target ppm (for your plants, not a generic schedule) most often leads to the issues you're suffering from.

Once plants are pushed to excess then they can react by expelling excess root exudate which can lend to the issue. Back your nutes down, they are no less than 25% too high.

BTW, that's a DIY UC so you should be posting this thread in the DIY section.

Growboy

Growboy

I put the ppm in system to 280 dropped it 60 ppm and the pH went up

Capfan

Capfan

Dont change your Base and booster, just fine tune it.. i got some big girls and never run over 400.

Growboy

Growboy

Yea thats what I will end up doing and adding a RO system. Tryed following generic schedule never again

Growboy

Growboy

Ok on to new problems just using Bloom A&B PPm in system is at 500 tap is 110 ppm under LEDs starting week 2 of flower. What's going on here also thinking about switching to H&G or is the problem me applying CS nuts? PH is at 6 and water temp is 68. Don't Know what to do Raise, Lower, change to new nutrients??

20140119 224203
20140119 224226
20140119 224203
Delerium

Delerium

Ok on to new problems just using Bloom A&B PPm in system is at 500 tap is 110 ppm under LEDs starting week 2 of flower. What's going on here also thinking about switching to H&G or is the problem me applying CS nuts? PH is at 6 and water temp is 68. Don't Know what to do Raise, Lower, change to new nutrients??

what are you water temps, and your LED fixture specs

Growboy

Growboy

My water stays at 68 and the Led above my 8 site are 4x280 and 2x430 7band with 2x lenses also looked at the roots and they seem to break very easily away from the root ball.

Last edited:
Growboy

Growboy

update water is at 300 ppm and the pH went from 5.7 to 4.5 over night ppms fell from 320 over night to 300

Growboy

Growboy

the system has a ap-100 puts out 149.94 lpm. The system is a 8 site around 56 gallons to fill that comes out to 2.67 lpm aeration /gal so would i be lower then the supercharged levels?

B

bobby34

Are you using CO2 dude??. You mentioned burners??, If you are your air pumps need to be out side the room!. Other wise it plays havoc with PH

DougsNugs

DougsNugs

A PH drop like that over night is not a good thing.. pH should rise slowly over time as the plants eat..

maybe flush of the system and just add back the basics.. Either that or make sure you're meter is dual calibrated to 7.0 and 4.1

Delerium

Delerium

Had rot in veg this summer did exactly what happened to grow boy.

UC root with ro flush and lower water level below the net pot. What day/week r u on GB

Growboy

Growboy

Started week 3 yesterday ph prob is calibrated. Going to do a flush tonight and switch to H&G line and keep the ppms very low around 250.

Delerium

Delerium

Started week 3 yesterday ph prob is calibrated. Going to do a flush tonight and switch to H&G line and keep the ppms very low around 250.
Long time House user I used Aqua Flakes for awhile, actually have Canna Aqua a/b and Coco a/b on the shelf for upcoming runs.
I've used Bio-1 in promix a lot, however I turned very skeptical on using roots excelurator and amino treatment in Hydro except maybe top feed recirculating. Can't use algen extract in veg either. All three of them IMO could create too much bio film if ran at all, let alone too hot. Watch the PPMs Suffocate the roots.
I like using as many of the same companies additives for said technique as a barometer so you have some history on how it works.
Don't get me wrong I've seen dudes with teas where the roots were coated black and they were loving it.
I'm only on round 2 in UC, so I could be totally wrong but like I said used a lot of flakes.

Growboy

Growboy

Are you using CO2 dude??. You mentioned burners??, If you are your air pumps need to be out side the room!. Other wise it plays havoc with PH
Yea I do but I have the air pumps at the ceiling 7 feet and I only run the co2 at 1200ppm. I use to have them on the ground for a week when I first bought the burner. I had many problems, but getting better now since I moved them.

Last night specs
System ppm are 250 and ph 5.9

Update tonight with pictures

Growboy

Growboy

Update
System
ppm 210 pH 5.9
Topoff
pH 6.4 moved to 5.8 and ppm 30

Some tip burns, but I have some purpling on the veins. Up down or stay on course?

20140130 213913
20140130 213937
20140130 213921
DougsNugs

DougsNugs

They're looking a lot better man, you could probably go up a tad from there but not too much. Maybe 400

Top Bottom