Problems

• Thread starter Growboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Delerium

Delerium

Yea I do but I have the air pumps at the ceiling 7 feet and I only run the co2 at 1200ppm. I use to have them on the ground for a week when I first bought the burner. I had many problems, but getting better now since I moved them.

Last night specs
System ppm are 250 and ph 5.9

Update tonight with pictures
Never leave your air pumps on the ground. When they are powered down water will back flow into there the you'll have mold on your diaphragm continually spitting out mold spores into your room.

B

bobby34

Yea I do but I have the air pumps at the ceiling 7 feet and I only run the co2 at 1200ppm. I use to have them on the ground for a week when I first bought the burner. I had many problems, but getting better now since I moved them.

Last night specs
System ppm are 250 and ph 5.9

Update tonight with pictures
If possible bro id get the air pumps in a different room if you can. Co2 and PH down dont mix well!.

Growboy

Growboy

Here is the air pump its been setup this way for the last couple of weeks, it's about 6 feet off the floor.

2014 02 01 010100
Growboy

Growboy

Wondering about the pump pushing hot air into the root zone.
Do you think it would be much better in my utility room it get pretty hot in there with the chiller about 77-80. My flower room stays anywhere from 77-81 when the light come on not too much cooler, I would have less co2. Is 6 feet off the ground good or should I still move it out of the flower room in the utility room? Will I lose some air power because of the distance I will have to run the line?

Delerium

Delerium

Do you think it would be much better in my utility room it get pretty hot in there with the chiller about 77-80. My flower room stays anywhere from 77-81 when the light come on not too much cooler, I would have less co2. Is 6 feet off the ground good or should I still move it out of the flower room in the utility room? Will I lose some air power because of the distance I will have to run the line?
Logistically it is fine. No need to jump through hoops for that at this point. In a perfect world sure, the chiller will cool the water ur inadvertanly heating.
Most important thing it keep it off the ground so the diaphragm doesn't get wet and starts to through spores.
If the pump is strong enough you can run a main trunk. One thing to remember is keep all of your air lines the same length from the manifold to the stones. You will have air pressure drop if on is a foot and the other is say 10'. Air will follow path of least resistance. Seems lil e a waste of tubing but you will get the same air pressure out of each stone. You can also back off on the shorter length of hose at your manifold but I wouldn't. Just in general keep all you tubing lengths the same.
The UC bucket closest to th manifold has like 8' of tubing coiled inside while the furthest one has like 18".

Growboy

Growboy

Well, I went ahead and moved the air pump and also add some nutrients 2ml of aqua flakes A&B total of 100ml ppm are now 270 from 100. Today when I checked the pH it was 4.1 last night was 5.8. I adjusted it up to 5.6.

DR.GT

DR.GT

Bacteria.. Check roots real good.. Anytime i had ph crashes in past it was poor root zone. Check every bucket cause it only takes one bad apple to spoil a bunch.

B

bobby34

Well, I went ahead and moved the air pump and also add some nutrients 2ml of aqua flakes A&B total of 100ml ppm are now 270 from 100. Today when I checked the pH it was 4.1 last night was 5.8. I adjusted it up to 5.6.
Try a full change out now youve moved the pumps and see how you get on!. I had the same problem a while ago!. If it is that they will bounce back really quick and the ph will definitely stabilise! And dont worry about the air lines being too long ive extended mine loads and theyre fine!.

Growboy

Growboy

Been still have a ph swing down ph going as low as 4.5 from 5.7, but my ppm stay stable at 180. Can having to low of nutrients cause ph drop?

B

bobby34

No i dont think it would, Have you done a full change out since moving the air pump??

Latest posts

Top Bottom