PRODUCT QUESTIONs

• Thread starter GrOwRooMGURU
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrOwRooMGURU

Hey whats going on ya'll currently I work in a hydro store and I come across product rep's all the time I know most of you guys are seasoned and this thread probably should be in the newbie room but if you guys ever have questions about a product or want to know if something is legit i will try my hardest to get you guys the info that you seek outside of that have a good evening guys

S

Shamanfarmer

Punctuation! I almost passed out trying to read that sentence.
No offence, but i tend not to trust people who work in grow stores.

xrob415x

xrob415x

Yes I have a question. Heard anything about Dark energy? I read a lot of descriptions about it but do you have any inside info? also advanced nutrients b-52: any good? Finally which advanced products do you think get the most bang for buck?

click80

click80

Hey whats going on ya'll currently I work in a hydro store and I come across product rep's all the time I know most of you guys are seasoned and this thread probably should be in the newbie room but if you guys ever have questions about a product or want to know if something is legit i will try my hardest to get you guys the info that you seek outside of that have a good evening guys

yes which products contain paclobutrazol, and which ones contain Triacontanol. Of those two can one be found in a non-synthesized state?

E

Elite Nugs

I use to manage a hydro store. NEVER believe ANYTHING those sales reps tell you. They will say everything and anything to convince you that their product is awesome!!. If they can convince you... you will then convince the customer and sale their product for them.

Trust me on that one man. Sales reps are dirty.

I use to get bitched at by the hydro store owner, because I sold what I knew worked.. and not what had the highest profit margin.

ttystikk

ttystikk

There are people who work at hydro stores, and then there are growers who work someplace to keep in touch with people like themselves. The two are hard to tell apart until you've spoken to them enough, and then the first kind tend to weed themselves out, and the second kind become invaluable resources.

Also, what works will eventually become known, through a Darwinian process of brute forcing all the options until hat works eventually rises to the top. Along the way, there is room for salesmen and bullshit- and a quick buck to be made.

Finally, this is an industry that while it is currently experiencing massive growth, there is very little that's actually new, unlike computers and programming, which have only existed for a relative eyeblink in human history. My point is that if someone says that what they're doing squares pretty well with what's come before, it's likely pretty good/safe/plausible. If someone say "THIS IS A REVOLUTION!!! AGRICULTURE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!!" I'd say that your bullshit detector should be going nuts, or you need it calibrated... Obvious? Perhaps- but it is the single biggest advantage this industry has over a lot of other technology intensive pursuits out there, and we would do well to keep in foremost in mind when it comes to critically evaluating new chemistry, products, gear or techniques. fwiw...

click80

click80

There are people who work at hydro stores, and then there are growers who work someplace to keep in touch with people like themselves. The two are hard to tell apart until you've spoken to them enough, and then the first kind tend to weed themselves out, and the second kind become invaluable resources.

Also, what works will eventually become known, through a Darwinian process of brute forcing all the options until hat works eventually rises to the top. Along the way, there is room for salesmen and bullshit- and a quick buck to be made.

Finally, this is an industry that while it is currently experiencing massive growth, there is very little that's actually new, unlike computers and programming, which have only existed for a relative eyeblink in human history. My point is that if someone says that what they're doing squares pretty well with what's come before, it's likely pretty good/safe/plausible. If someone say "THIS IS A REVOLUTION!!! AGRICULTURE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!!" I'd say that your bullshit detector should be going nuts, or you need it calibrated... Obvious? Perhaps- but it is the single biggest advantage this industry has over a lot of other technology intensive pursuits out there, and we would do well to keep in foremost in mind when it comes to critically evaluating new chemistry, products, gear or techniques. fwiw...

well said....it is amazing to me when researching that over half of the abstracts I read are dated, or are based on research from as far back as the 1930s, 40s, 50s etc....

the newest old thing which I found myself reading was about LOC's Lipo-oligosaccharides and/or NOD factors(i think i got that right). This research is enjoying a comeback as they come to understand myco better. Its worth a read. But anyway what you said was exactly what I was thinking while going through the abstract, number one, like i said, that the abstract was based on research observations and discoveries that had been around for awhile, and number two-that all that time and money i wasted when I first started thinking i knew what i was doing ultimately made me not only waste time and money, but I was also torturing my plants with all that shit. Screw Triacontanol, I make Alfalfa Tea now and that stuff is the ultimate ooze product if applied "at the right time". I feel that getting to know cannabis in general and even more important, getting to know your strain will enable YOU to figure out what to do to get the best medicine out of that strain. In other words...

well said..lol

Top Bottom