product review: PureWaterClub.com RO

• Thread starter Xceptional
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

Xceptional

so i ordered the cheapest ro i could find on the market. because it is so damn cheap i figured i would have issues with it and that it wouldn't work but from what i can tell after having it in just 5 hours I'm wrong!

http://www.purewaterclub.com/

0 ppm Reverse Osmosis 2 OUTPUT RODI WaterFilter 6B2W150
$115 SHIPPED
22-4105-1-1.jpg

first off i have NEVER used or installed one before and the only one's ive ever even seen are at the local hydro store not hooked up sitting on display.

the installation was intimidating, VERY intimidating becasue if i messed up and had to call a plumber i would have to take him into my grow room since that is where it was being installed. the instructions sucked BAD the english was not well written it looked like it was pieced together. i have a ton of parts left and i dont know what the hell they go to.

the saddle clamp that goes onto the drain hose i snapped. the thing was cheaply made becasue where it snapped you could see tons of air bubbles in the plastic weakening it. still it was my fault, who tightens a plastic clamp with a high torq corded power drill lol. what sucked was this happened AFTER i drilled a hole into my bathtubs drain so i had to duct tape it for a few days until i finally found someone locally that stocked this part (fyi the people who sell water machines for offices have all parts. home depot and lowes DO NOT).

once i got past all that bs that was mostly self inflicted i realized these things are stupidly simple to install. push a hose into the inlet saddle clamp, clamp it on to the pipe and twist a handle that pierces your copper water pipe and you dont even need to turn the water off first. once that is done drill a hole in the drain pipe and fix a drain hose to another saddle clamp and clamp it down and you are done.

The test.....

well you have to let it run for like 15 min to wash off the storage solution on the ro membrane so i just stuck the hose into a 5 gal bucket. i checked and the ppm was 23 (house water is 300) and that was inside a dirty bucket that had some tap water still in it. put a little in a cup that had hard water spots on it and it read 8. put it in another container that again had hard water spots and it read 1. oddly enough though it seems that the ph is higher coming from the ro then the tap. i have not installed the float switch onto a res yet but will tomorrow. the float switch works i can tell i blew air though it and it functions just fine. for the money i don't think you can ask for anything better then what this offers.

The rating......
9 out of 10! i only deducted a point for the bad instructions and extra parts that i have no clue where they go! i will be buying this brand again in the future. i also picked up a T fitting and 100' of 1/4" line from Lowes and I'm running a line upstairs under the sink so i can fill up jugs of water to put in the fridge. hey the plants are not the only ones that deserve to drink clean water! usually i would deduct more points for the cheap clamp and extra parts that were not described and poor instructions BUT for the price this this is great. if all it lacks is too many parts and shitty instructions when i can go to youtube and find a video i don't care one bit. in fact I'd rather have those problems then may more then double for a comparable model from another company!

if anyone is thinking about making the plunge this unit is a clear winner! i'll get some pics tomorrow of it once the res is setup. if you get one and have any questions i'm no damn plumber but i got mine installed feel free to hit me up

:boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie:

daRube

daRube

Hi Xceptional,

Thanks for the review of the RO system.. It has been a couple of months are you still happy with the system? I need to install RO and don't want to pay the Hydro store prices..

Thanks,

R

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just got a 100gpd 6-stage RO/DI unit from this company, along with a permeate pump. We shall see! I haven't got a TDS/ppm/EC meter yet, don't know how my water measures in that way. I do know it's over 10d KH (German hardness) and similar numbers for general hardness (GH).

L

Lost

I have the purewaterclum 0ppm 100 or 150 gpd setup with a float. Its fucking awesome and every year you just throw it away, its so cheap! (instead of replacing fliters)

R

RMCG

I found these guys a few days ago. I only bought some floats from them to test shipping/quality, but was looking at the portable unit they have.

FWIW, they do sell saddle clamps at HD or Lowes. Look where they sell the icemaker kits/parts.

Guys on other sites swear by them and its good to see others here using them as well.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
RMCG, I haven't even gotten a shipping notification, and in the emails I see from their phone area code that they're right down in SoCal. How long did it take from placing the order til shipment? How far from SoCal are you? I was hoping I'd have my stuff in a week or so.

R

RMCG

RMCG, I haven't even gotten a shipping notification, and in the emails I see from their phone area code that they're right down in SoCal. How long did it take from placing the order til shipment? How far from SoCal are you? I was hoping I'd have my stuff in a week or so.

I think it was 2 days before I got the USPS notification. By then it was processing through my local sorting facility. Gotta love USPS tracking...:sad0047:

They shipped out of City of Industry, CA IIRC. I'm in CO.

4 days total? 2 days to 'process', 2 days travel? Something like that.

You will probably get the 'shipping' notification when it lands on your doorstep.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LMAO! You must come from out here. I spent over 30 years in SoCal, then back in '04 moved up to Lake Tahoe. From there I ended up in the more rural area south of Tahoe, in the Sierra Nevada, east of Sacramento and... oh my God, California really has rednecks! And they're the ones responsible for "delivering" our mail.

You have no idea how close you've probably called it. You owe me a cup of coffee now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I kept forgetting to come back to this thread to report on my RO/DI unit.

My husband did the installation for me, he wasn't happy about it. He wanted all the connecting lines to be able to be disconnected, you can't do that with this unit. I say, Big deal, it's so cheap and comes with a mounting bracket there's no reason to worry about how they're attached and configured.

He was also thrown by the permeate pump installation, and the company took well over a week to respond to my query on how to install because the schematic on the ordering page for the pump is TINY.

So, ease of installation, depends on who you are and your skill set and tolerance level for things not being perfect. This is not a high-end RO/DI unit with all the bells and whistles, but it IS a very decent unit that produces good water. I have not yet purchased (still) an EC/TDS/ppm meter, but using the titration method I believe I can say that the unit does what it says it will--produces clean water ready for use for drinking, cooking, aquaria or growing.

If it lasts me two years then I'll say it's an excellent unit for the price, a fraction of units such as the Merlin RO systems.

R

RMCG

Thanks for the follow-up.

When you say they can't be disconnected, you mean the interconnects between the filters right?

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

Me and dozens Of Guys have been using there Filters for along time. Few years.......Things super simple to set up if you use A John uest water adaptor instead of trying to clamp into pipes with there saddle valve, all Ro machines i have had always needed one of these !!

http://www.h2odistributors.com/installation_accessories.asp

I had a expensive model that we used for are drinking water blow up after like 2-3 years of use and Switched It with a cheapo from waterclub,,installed it yesterday, Old rio 5 stage blew up and cracked at 3 am shooting water every where,,,,,,There all made the same with the same cheap parts and frame, and filter housing, You just pay for for a name !!!

Only one worth paying more then purewaterclubs is For a MERLIN:lock:

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

Thanks for the follow-up.

When you say they can't be disconnected, you mean the interconnects between the filters right?
all the hoses can be released , you just have to push in and then slip it out

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I'm using the 50gpd unit and I love it. The one I have I can attach it to my sink and detatch it when I am done. I got the float and I just set it and forget it. I noticed at first the ph came out really high but things have settled down now that it is "broken in". My ppm is always 0. For the price, you can't beat this product.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
all the hoses can be released , you just have to push in and then slip it out
Hhmm... well, I struggled with 'em after he asked me if they were supposed to be detachable, then told my husband that they weren't meant to come apart. He told me I was fulla shit. LMAO!

sedate

sedate

I use the same filter - agreed!

xceptional said:
The rating......
9 out of 10! i only deducted a point for the bad instructions and extra parts that i have no clue where they go!

I installed the *exact* same filter awhile back and Xceptional's review is right on.

The instructions *are* laughably bad - obviously written by a native Chinese speaker - but the unit is a pretty "no-duh" design.

My water pressure is a tad low - like 50psi - but I still get 0.0 ppm's.

Good unit for sure.

I don't even think I'll bother replacing the filters - just the unit once a year or so!

Top Bottom