Product turning brown during drying

• Thread starter Adrenachrome187
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Adrenachrome187

How to avoid the product turning brown inside during the drying process…. I know spraying late in the game can cause nugs to turn brown inside while drying…what else can I do to avoid this happening… I dry at 60 degrees and humidity set to 60… are these numbers ideal ? The product looks good now I don’t want it to go to shit.. I’m cutting down in two days any help would me much appreciated

TSD

TSD

How to avoid the product turning brown inside during the drying process…. I know spraying late in the game can cause nugs to turn brown inside while drying…what else can I do to avoid this happening… I dry at 60 degrees and humidity set to 60… are these numbers ideal ? The product looks good now I don’t want it to go to shit.. I’m cutting down in two days any help would me much appreciated
Can we have a picture?

TSD

TSD

Why would it turn brown? It's going to go darker when it gets cut and starts to dry/cure, that's just what happens when something goes from living to dead lol. Looks very pretty so I get why you'd want to maintain that look.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
That's not "turning brown", they look great. There are some hairs that have turned brown.....but everything's good.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Turning brown sounds like the air is too stagnant or you aren't drawing the moisture out fast enough when drying. Make sure you are taking the humidity measurement near the height of the buds and not at ground level. If using a humidifier, make sure the mist isn't blowing directly at the hanging buds. Also, make sure a circulation fan is moving the air around the space and causing very slight leaf movement while drying but not blowing directly at the buds (I aim my fan at the wall and let the air bounce into the buds). Make sure the buds aren't touching too much or it will make pockets of wet buds. I also don't give my plants any water for a few days before chop to make sure the plants are not full of water. Not sure what else would cause browning other than maybe a mold of some sort? Maybe bud rot?

TSD

TSD

He said he hasn't even cut it yet... I think he's just being proactive to try and keep his buds looking pretty.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

He said he hasn't even cut it yet... I think he's just being proactive to try and keep his buds looking pretty.
I understood the first post as the OP had their buds turn brown on the inside through drying their last crop??? And that they were trying to avoid it on this run. I just assumed the browning is from moisture issues during drying or bud rot?

A

Adrenachrome187

I've never had buds turn brown on the inside, unless they had bud rot. I'm having a hard time envisioning this problem.
I’ve heard it can happen for a number of reasons… if you spray too heavy after week 6( I knew a guy who had spider mites and sprayed too much his product turned brown )…I’ve heard if you’re using pgrs ( gravity, phosphoload) and don’t flush properly at the end it can cause buds to have a yellowish brown hint … obviously bud rot can cause this even if bud rot hasn’t set in yet and your humidity was too high in the run I’ve heard can cause this … I’m not sure how much of this is true which is why I’m asking

K

KenKenaf

The cell becomes more acidic allowing magnesium to fall out of the chlorophyll, creating pheophytin. This naturally occurs over years in healthy plants. Post harvest treatment with magnesium carbonate would band aid your premature browning.

Top Bottom