Programming two ports to a cycle?

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I got my ac infinity exhaust and inlet fans along with the 69pro controller and a controller plug for the inlet fan (its a hard switch on/off with adjustable speed/3, I think?). Anyways my question is, being those two fans are on their own separate ports, how do I get them tied to a quick on and off mode so I dont have to turn them on/off separately every time. Also it should be known my temps and humidities are way to all over the place where I live to have the controller set to perimeters at this time. And just want them to come on to cycle the stale air every so often. Thank you!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I got my ac infinity exhaust and inlet fans along with the 69pro controller and a controller plug for the inlet fan (its a hard switch on/off with adjustable speed/3, I think?). Anyways my question is, being those two fans are on their own separate ports, how do I get them tied to a quick on and off mode so I dont have to turn them on/off separately every time.
Are the fans the same model? If so, and if you want them both to turn on and off together and run at the same speed, then one of these could solve the problem:

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Are the fans the same model? If so, and if you want them both to turn on and off together and run at the same speed, then one of these could solve the problem:

The fans are in fact different models, I dont need them to run at the same speed as im trying to creat that negative pressure effect even for evac cycle🤷🏼‍♂️ I did see something similar aci has that is like a double to single ius cord! Ill think that might be the easy fix. But I also need and want to learn the controller. Thanks LoveGrowingIt!

EDIT: yes the thing im thinking of IS what you linked hahaha! Thanks again!!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The fans are in fact different models, I dont need them to run at the same speed as im trying to creat that negative pressure effect even for evac cycle🤷🏼‍♂️ I did see something similar aci has that is like a double to single ius cord! Ill think that might be the easy fix. But I also need and want to learn the controller. Thanks LoveGrowingIt!

EDIT: yes the thing im thinking of IS what you linked hahaha! Thanks again!!
You might be able to control two UIS fans that are different models using the splitter. The fans probably use the same control protocol. I'd ask their tech support to be sure.

Another solution would be to use control plugs to turn both fans on and off using the splitter. If those are inline fans, they should have come with their own speed controllers, which could be used to set different speeds.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
You might be able to control two UIS fans that are different models using the splitter. The fans probably use the same control protocol. I'd ask their tech support to be sure.

Another solution would be to use control plugs to turn both fans on and off using the splitter. If those are inline fans, they should have come with their own speed controllers, which could be used to set different speeds.
The inline booster fan came with its own simple controller. Im going to email them just to make sure what I end up getting will be compatible : ) thanks for the ideas!!!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
OK! I did get into the cycle settings and played around with them, I was able to set each fan to run for the duration that I want on a 24/7 schedule. Not sure if this is doing what I think it is. Im checking the app waiting for them to kick on if they will. I chose the second fan to be a light in the setting mode and just turned its ramp up time off and turned its peak to 1 because i have a hard switch booster fan than just needs to trip on from the controller.
2460B221 B671 48FE 828F B2C76F9850F4
1410CC50 E972 44F9 A643 051EDC3A82A5
9D64B5D3 D50B 41AE AA48 F21E230F3127

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
OK! I did get into the cycle settings and played around with them, I was able to set each fan to run for the duration that I want on a 24/7 schedule. Not sure if this is doing what I think it is. Im checking the app waiting for them to kick on if they will. I chose the second fan to be a light in the setting mode and just turned its ramp up time off and turned its peak to 1 because i have a hard switch booster fan than just needs to trip on from the controller. View attachment 2122828View attachment 2122830View attachment 2122829
I gave up. I was really close and gained a greater understanding of the controller which helps but just couldn’t get it to do what I was trying. Dongle will be ordered asap : ) it’s still crazy to me how much you can program though! Can’t wait to get my room a little more finalized so I’ll be able to use some of those advanced perimeter settings.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Couldn’t let it go so I tinkered with it some more and my have “blindly” figured it out. I’m going to test it out in the morning. Ill let yall know the outcome.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Let us know how it goes. After I thought about it for a while longer, I figured automations might work for you. I suggested using a splitter because both fans would run at the same time, but, more importantly, it would only use one controller port. A problem I have with my 4-port controllers is I've run out of ports and can't run my clip fans from the controller. So, if you can avoid using two ports, you'll be better off when you get to adding more devices.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Let us know how it goes. After I thought about it for a while longer, I figured automations might work for you. I suggested using a splitter because both fans would run at the same time, but, more importantly, it would only use one controller port. A problem I have with my 4-port controllers is I've run out of ports and can't run my clip fans from the controller. So, if you can avoid using two ports, you'll be better off when you get to adding more devices.
I absolutely agree! Im going to get that splitter exactly for that, fans and then ill reconfigure the controller when need be. But as for as the fix goes i was able to find a solution in automation like you were thinking!! Sorry if im missing some steps but i was able to get into the “recipes” and set both fans in the seedling setting! I think where I was going wrong was not being in the designated port while changing settings (i know that doesnt make sense lol). Either way thank you for all the thought and suggestions along the way!
2698F52C 9B5B 4788 8494 441E60EB499D

2Water

2Water

Each device needs to be on it's own port. I've found fans better triggered on temp or humidity. Alot of people arent big on or hip to using vpd to control rh, but I have found it maintains a more accurate environment this way. Key is to have each on it's own port or it will fight each other.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Each device needs to be on its own port. I've found fans better triggered on temp or humidity. Alot of people arent big on or hip to using vpd to control rh, but I have found it maintains a more accurate environment this way. Key is to have each on its own port or it will fight each other.
I read your other thread about using vpd. When the time comes I will absolutely be using the functions that give me the best control (I trust your input) and it sounds like VPD setting will give that to me. It’s just not imo feasible right now with how “open” my room is. I need to at least finish the long room so I can start controlling that enviro to help inside the room enviro. I’m getting lucky with the weather and my light set up make just enough heat😆🤞🏻😂

2Water

2Water

I read your other thread about using vpd. When the time comes I will absolutely be using the functions that give me the best control (I trust your input) and it sounds like VPD setting will give that to me. It’s just not imo feasible right now with how “open” my room is. I need to at least finish the long room so I can start controlling that enviro to help inside the room enviro. I’m getting lucky with the weather and my light set up make just enough heat😆🤞🏻😂
Just to clarify, humidifier/dehumidifier on vpd settings, fans on heat or humidity.

Always better to tune in the environmental air before it gets into the tent if possible, but you've got this. Just takes time my friend

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Just to clarify, humidifier/dehumidifier on vpd settings, fans on heat or humidity.

Always better to tune in the environmental air before it gets into the tent if possible, but you've got this. Just takes time my friend
It’s the “clarifications” that I really need : ) thank you for realizing im not understanding something and speaking up! 🙏

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Little video of the fans running (I know, not exciting haha). Just sharing my small accomplishment : ) thanks again fellas for the help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom