Promix soil PH almost 8ph Deficiencies

• Thread starter Mrk2006
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrk2006

Mrk2006

My soil ph is almost 8.0ph... plants aren’t taking up nutrients and are yellowing out quick. I thought it was low nutrients but that mixed with this root zone ph being 7.5-8 I think could also be issue. I’m at day 42 of flip and was reading on Aluminum Sulphate being used to lower ph in soil. Is it safe to use? And will it work fast?

chemistry

chemistry

Stick up a couple of pics of the whole plant. Sounds like your not watering enough for run off, if you don't do this, then a salt brick will grow in your pots.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

My soil ph is almost 8.0ph... plants aren’t taking up nutrients and are yellowing out quick. I thought it was low nutrients but that mixed with this root zone ph being 7.5-8 I think could also be issue. I’m at day 42 of flip and was reading on Aluminum Sulphate being used to lower ph in soil. Is it safe to use? And will it work fast?

What nute line are you using?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Did you add lime to your soil?

RR1

RR1

Thats why when I did dirt, I used pH 6 water, and made sure to wait till soil was light, then water the shit out of them. Never had pH problems, never had salt build-up. Having a floor drain sure is nice.
Good luck,
RR1

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would look to the ec (ppm) of the runoff. I have never had pro mix run out of ph buffer even with a lot of heavy watering.

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

Stick up a couple of pics of the whole plant. Sounds like your not watering enough for run off, if you don't do this, then a salt brick will grow in your pots.
I was watering to 15to 20% runoff. Think that was my issue was pushing the dolomite lime out with it

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

What nute line are you using?
Flora.. I know I was feeding really low but that combined with root zone being 8ph could have been why they weren’t getting ANY nutes sucked up. Was feeding at 1.3-1.4, spose to be 2.1-2.4. So I way under fed but yeah. I upped feeding and now checking other stuff as well

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

I don't think so the more I feed and water the lower my soil PH goes
Hmm.. wonder what exactly my issue is than. Something happened somewhere lol. But between low nutes and root zone ph high issue I’m assuming is there somewhere. I just assumed root zone ph being super high is why plant can’t uptake nutes.

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

I would expect your plants to look like the pics, looks right for where they are in flower, yellow leaves and all.
I’m at day 42 in those pics. I normally have green leaves till the last 2 weeks or so when I start lowering feed and ready to flush. These girls still have 20days atleast. 15-25days I’m aiming for. Maybe I’m over thinking it idk. Just never had them fading week 4/5 before.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hmm.. wonder what exactly my issue is than. Something happened somewhere lol. But between low nutes and root zone ph high issue I’m assuming is there somewhere. I just assumed root zone ph being super high is why plant can’t uptake nutes.
I accidentally overlimed a plant once and it was a nightmare, as much as I tried I couldn't ever get it below 7.2, it's whole grow cycle was a struggle;

so that could be why your having the issues but why it's that high I don't know? Have you calibrated your pH meter recently?

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

I accidentally overlimed a plant once and it was a nightmare, as much as I tried I couldn't ever get it below 7.2, it's whole grow cycle was a struggle;

so that could be why your having the issues but why it's that high I don't know? Have you calibrated your pH meter recently?
Yeah meter is good. I’m debating on putting a small layer of garden aluminum sulphate on. Promix themselves advises to use it if medium ph raises too much. They also say the medium naturally raises no matter what you feed at so kinda lost right now lol.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yeah meter is good. I’m debating on putting a small layer of garden aluminum sulphate on. Promix themselves advises to use it if medium ph raises too much. They also say the medium naturally raises no matter what you feed at so kinda lost right now lol.
I know people use wood ash to lower the soil pH but I don't know anything else about it, I do know you can buy it on Amazon if you're interested in checking it out, good luck

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

I know people use wood ash to lower the soil pH but I don't know anything else about it, I do know you can buy it on Amazon if you're interested in checking it out, good luck
I’ll be feeding tonight or tomorrow. I’m gonna put a little more in so I can test some runoff to see the numbers again

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

Ph of runoff is acting normal... ec/ppm SUPER high... 4.5EC/3250ppm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom