Promix

• Thread starter kevinn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
north knect

north knect

Depends on wat your running for strain I'd say..but I agree with @Natural that the HP dries out quick indoors or outdoors..lately I've been grabbing there seedling mix with pretty much ZERO NPK and amending it myself..even running some autos in it now with no additives and doin great..seems to be the only brand I've used with no issues of either being to hot or some sorta insects in it..promix is a good choice over all

M

motz

@north knect, right on on Zero nutes, use it to mix up your own. Just enough in there from the factory for a couple weeks is it.

north knect

north knect

@north knect, right on on Zero nutes, use it to mix up your own. Just enough in there from the factory for a couple weeks is it.
Ya there's zero P or K..a slight bit of N due to it being peat based..but not even close to enough to take into account when adding amendments..I use a little chunky perlite,some worm castings and depending on strain some Jamaican bat guano..mix alphalfa and kelp along with molasses into a tea once they get growing

Azhden

Azhden

I use Majestic Earth brand "Professional Growers Mix". Some of the 'cleanest' mix I have come across, no big unprocessed twigs, and the rocks are left out also :cool:

Just good 'clean': Peat, Perlite, Gypsum, and Dolomite Lime... add your choice of organics, and some extra Perlite or Rice Hulls (etc.) for some extra drainage and you are good to grow :p... plain ol 'potable' tap water is all you need (chlorine free). The organics I use, I only top dress the soil every 4 - 6 weeks... all water (and maybe some molasses/tea drinks if I feel like it) for those 4 - 6 weeks... really easy and inexpensive to grow that way.

Big bag (1 cu ft compressed) of 'Pro Mix' ~$4 - 7 with tax (if on sale $4.29 with tax)
Big bag of Rice Hulls ~$9 with tax
4lb Bag of Organics ~$10 with tax (Jobe's, Espoma, Dr Earth, Down To Earth, etc.)
'Optional' Bottle of Grandmas Black Strap Unsulfured Molasses ~$3 with tax.

$29 is all I really need to grow some good meds... I spoil my garden a little more with Buffaloam, Kelp, EM1 (home made), Azomite, Mycos, Gypsum and a few other goodies... I think I spend a whole $80 on my soil/nutes every 5 years :eek:

Billyboat

Billyboat

I ran peat for years ProMix HP and Sunshine Advanced #4, add some organic amendments and she is good to go.

After making the switch to Coco, I kick myself for running peat for so long. The growth rates in coco really beat peat in the yield department, IMO.

petraus

petraus

yo are you guys letting it "cook" when you add the kelp, alfalfa or whatnot..?

New to organics here, pretty experienced growing in general. But i wanna do one of my lights as organics now. I started a worm farm last year and it finally has tons of fresh castings to use

EDIT** If anyone could shoot me a good couple links to some good organo sites to learn the BASICS and shit would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Bill Murry

Bill Murry

PRO-MIX HP Biofungicide + Mycorrhizae Half orange/ half green bag + a host of all the above add in's and supplements.

Latest posts

Top Bottom