promoting root growth

• Thread starter Buttwheat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buttwheat

Buttwheat

Hi All

I have started up RDWC and seeds are 4weeks old and plants are doing well. However my concern is the roots. There isn't many of them, however what is there is nice and white. Should I be concerned about the lack of roots. Does anyone have any suggestions how to promote root growth? I use Flora series.

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

If the plants are growing well, the amount of roots is just right. Bout the middle of flower is when I start getting root clogs...

Buttwheat

Buttwheat

If the plants are growing well, the amount of roots is just right. Bout the middle of flower is when I start getting root clogs...
That's awesome...I was going to switch them to bloom but wasn't sure about the roots. Thanks for the help

Buttwheat

Buttwheat

WTH...new issue. I changed the water yesterday,added chemicals to 895ppms, switched to bloom and now the roots are brown. Will they go back to white after a bit? I just did the switch over yesterday. Plants looking good and healthy...just have brown roots now.

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

WTH...new issue. I changed the water yesterday,added chemicals to 895ppms, switched to bloom and now the roots are brown. Will they go back to white after a bit? I just did the switch over yesterday. Plants looking good and healthy...just have brown roots now.

Pending solutions/nutes being used, roots will and can be discolored. Light brown is nothing to be concerned about. Dark brown is when you need to worry. Read your plants. If all looks well, carry on as you normally would. If you're concerned, add in some hydroguard or other root enzyme for piece of mind.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

What were your ppm before your change-out.
What nutes are you using?0
Are you using enzymes?
Are you using anything with seaweed extract, molasses? (both tend to stain your roots a light brown)
When you lift the lid of one of you pots and take a sniff, anything funky?

Rootball from last grow.... totally healthy and productive. You can see the end results if you check the second entry in my signature (just go to the end).

Happy Growing & Good Luck 🍻 🥂

Top Bottom