Prop 8 overturned!!

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I'm not gay either but I was pretty stoked to hear about this.

This photo was taken by a buddy in SF.....thought it was appropriate.

Fuckthis guy
M

Meanbean

Free Our American Shackles californians!! I'm Straight but this is just another great example set by CA!!

R

Raoul

Are you going to say the same thing when Prop 215 is overturned? This has more to do with states rights than marriage. Bad day for the constitution.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Well I think it is a matter of civil rights. Saying you can't get married because of your sexual orientation is some serious RIGHT wing BS......but thats just my opinion.

The day they overturn 215 is the day I will move from California.

M

MSL Foundation

Are you going to say the same thing when Prop 215 is overturned? This has more to do with states rights than marriage. Bad day for the constitution.

Haha your so funny.. Comparing the two is like comparing Apples to Oranges.

The reason it was overturned because it was unconstitutional and prejudice. That has nothing to do with Prop 215.

That means it is a good day for the constitution.

This is an awesome day for everyone even you Raoul!

Please Keep your hatorade to yourself!

Side note: the gay community paved the way for medical marijuana and all the rights we have...They fought for them and deserve our respect and support...Thank you to my Gay and Lesbian brothers and sisters.

MARIJUANA SAVES LIVES LOVES YOU AND IS SO HAPPY FOR TODAY!!!

PRIDE!

MSL WOOOT!

R

Raoul

Not hatred, don't really care about gays, straights or anyone else for a matter of fact. Apples to oranges to whom? So if people whine like selfish children their voices should be heard over the majority? The point being is that the California state constitution allows the public to vote on these measures for approval or denial. Is was voted on and denied. It will be interesting to see how the supreme court votes on this measure because it may say that state rights are no longer acknowledged by the federal government. I'm not sure if the 14th amendment protects marriage, guess we will find out. I'm more concerned about the constitutional legality of the situation than some group wanting to be put in a lower tax bracket and benefit from additional entitlement programs. There are four states I think that voted with majority to recognize gay marriage and that is great.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Haha your so funny.. Comparing the two is like comparing Apples to Oranges.

The reason it was overturned because it was unconstitutional and prejudice. That has nothing to do with Prop 215.

That means it is a good day for the constitution.

This is an awesome day for everyone even you Raoul!

Please Keep your hatorade to yourself!

Side note: the gay community paved the way for medical marijuana and all the rights we have...They fought for them and deserve our respect and support...Thank you to my Gay and Lesbian brothers and sisters.

MARIJUANA SAVES LIVES LOVES YOU AND IS SO HAPPY FOR TODAY!!!

PRIDE!

MSL WOOOT!

Great post.
It is discrimination and hatred.
And I have zero tolerance for either.

H

hbstoner

Apples to oranges to whom? So if people whine like selfish children their voices should be heard over the majority? The point being is that the California state constitution allows the public to vote on these measures for approval or denial. Is was voted on and denied.

The apples and oranges is that civil rights should never be up for a vote at the state level. Gay,straight,brown,red,green we are all human beings that should have basic civil rights like being able to marry any other human you want.

M

MSL Foundation

Not hatred, don't really care about gays, straights or anyone else for a matter of fact. Apples to oranges to whom? So if people whine like selfish children their voices should be heard over the majority? The point being is that the California state constitution allows the public to vote on these measures for approval or denial. Is was voted on and denied. It will be interesting to see how the supreme court votes on this measure because it may say that state rights are no longer acknowledged by the federal government. I'm not sure if the 14th amendment protects marriage, guess we will find out. I'm more concerned about the constitutional legality of the situation than some group wanting to be put in a lower tax bracket and benefit from additional entitlement programs. There are four states I think that voted with majority to recognize gay marriage and that is great.

As respectful as possible I say this We understand what your saying but your not really getting the point we are making and the court made by over turning it....

Really it had nothing to do with some group whinning... it had to do with it being morally wrong and it was written by a politician looking to bank her career on prejudice just like they have done with racism time and time again.....(And the whining comment you made, kinda a hate comment whether you like it or not)

Also it was not whining it was screaming because it hurt so bad. The proposition actually hurts people every second it was on the books. I can not tell you how much it effected so many.

But no matter what... the overturn has to do with prejudice...

Just like the land deeds of the south. To this day there are properties with deeds with racial prejudice written right into the deed. Saying that African Americans (actually uses the"n word") can never own this land.

Even though they were deemed unconstitutional because of racism, they do not change the land deeds because that would take possibly millions of dollars and tens of thousands of man hours.

So now those racist conditions in those deeds are deemed unconstitutional and therefore are no longer enforceable even though they are still there.

So as mankind grows out of the dark ages our laws change according to our societies personal and moral growth...agree?

Prop8 was prejudice no matter how you look at it...And I am sorry but the tax bracket and sanctity of marriage argument is a joke. So many people abuse marriage already keeping two people that are in love from being married and recongnized by the state is just cruel.

A voter approved prejudice was struck down because it was unconstitutional that's all.

All sad it even happened but it is a Great day because it is gone.

:harvest:

Trust us We are all about states rights!

L

Lost

It would be like Alabama voting slavery back in.. Think about it people..

R

Raoul

I understand the judge's opinion on the law, but marriage has never been defined as a right previously. I see your point though. I guess the advantage given to those by the government because of marriage makes it unfair, such as tax breaks. If the government at a local and federal levels wants to grant special privileges for being married, then they should not discriminate. I can agree with that. I guess my real issue is underlying, that marriage should be a private contract between two parties and given no special governmental privileges, but that is another issue. I think I have changed my position.

R

rottenjohn

It's all fun and games until the courts step in and say that the voter approved prop 215 is unconstitutional. The people spoke on both..... what happens next is anyone's guess. To me upholding majority vote is essential in the legislative process. For the people by the people...blah complete bullshit

M

mrdizzle

not when that majority vote is unconstitutional, no majority can strip a minority of a constitution right, which is why the judge ruled to remove the ban. Its not even close to the same thing as a prop 215 case. Lets lay off the Glen beck people

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
No comment:) but this is a fine example of the Pussification of America at its finest:)

gtd

L

Lost

Your right, America was not built on letting the people do what they want without the gubberment telling people what they have to think or feel..

Oh wait...

L

LOCO__MOCO

No comment:) but this is a fine example of the Pussification of America at its finest:)

gtd

or "macho" men have learned not to hate themself if they feel attracted to another man :makeup... and lets not even begin to talk about America and its hyper-masculine...homo-erotic culture

L

Lost

*Craving a Loco Moco eggs scrambled not sunny side up*

hehehehe

L

Lost

For peeps that don't know a loco moco is a hawaiian breaKFAST..

Latest posts

Top Bottom