Propagating problems from seed.

• Thread starter Bigrich180
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bigrich180

Hi all, firstly I'm relatively new to growing and could do with some help.

I'm growing from seed in rockwool cubes that have been placed in mesh baskets and put in an aeroponic propagator, I germinated the seeds first then placed them in the cubes and put into the propagator in just water (5.5ph) no nutes. When the first roots came through I added nutes and things were looking good, they have been in there for about 10 days but the last day or so they are starting to droop and wither :( , I emptied the tank put fresh water in and added nutes then adjusted the ph, I think they are either getting too much water or not enough, (the water is on a timer 15 minutes every hour) if I look underneath they are always wet so I think maybe it's too much water but could anyone help point me in the right direction please.

Many thanks in advance :)

Bannacis

Bannacis

as small as those are, you prolly don't have to much roots going on, plus rockwool will hold some water, so maybe cut back on times, but if you roots are hanging in air they should be alright. you didn't mention your set up, light type? how close? water temp?
By the pic it looks like they are stretching big time, your lights if are fluorescents they need to be close...2-3 inches

B

Bigrich180

Im using a 125w eco light which is as close to the top of the propagator as possible, water temp is about 22c or 71f, im using a water heater and also an air stone in the reservoir. There are some roots coming through but not many.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Well everything sounds right, I haven't any experience with rockwool, its possible that they are too saturated with water and not enough oxygen is getting to roots, and that stretch is too much.... maybe should of waited for more roots to appear. hopefully somebody has had experience with your set up and can add some insite.
sorry im not more helpful.

B

Bigrich180

Thanks Bannacis, I think its too wet so ive turned the sprayer off for a bit, and I think you're right about I should of waited for more roots, its a big learning curve for a new grower but I'll get there in the end.

Bannacis

Bannacis

That be true... A lot of trial and error, but this site is good for the help you need.

Top Bottom