propagation - share details on your methods for your highest success rates

• Thread starter stickyfingers1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

The last time I cloned marijuana I took cutting's as usual. Attempted to root them. After 4 or 5 weeks I had all but given up on them and put them in my basement, with no light. Some time later (several weeks) I had noticed they had rooted but were dried out by that point. I could not grow them.

I used the peat moss pucks after soaking them in water. With a few drops of rooting hormone. Then placed them in dim lighting conditions.

What works best for you? Light, or darkness?

I have a limited window of time to work with. My seedlings are only 2 and 3 weeks young at this point.

I'm aiming to have clones established and ready to go outdoors by July.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I use a bubble cloning bucket I made. It’s 99% success rate. Usually 14-21 days for healthy roots. Then a week under T5 and straight into veg.

734D6008 A8F6 4D50 9C3C 1D9E8B36286B
iffey

iffey

Like W scorpion here, I use a home made 5 gallon tub adapted with air curtains (4) and 2 air pumps (Whisper 60 Walmart). Could probably get by with on 1 pump and 2 curtians but I have them and 2 can insure air if one fails. And like him, 95% success rate in 10 to 28 days, dependent on when the cuts were taken. Cuts taken into the second week of bloom take a couple weeks longer to revert to veg and then roots, other wise roots in 9-14 days (10 days mostly). Lighting is a single 2' T5 warm bulb, 18-6 hours day and night. Useing foam pipe insulation like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...e-Slit-Pipe-Insulation-4-Pack-P21EB/205181986. Cut to one inch, wrapped around stalk of the cut its nicely into a 1" hole, is cheap <$2 for 6 foot piece. You may have to cut and paste URL for example pic.

30roll

30roll

These are a week old. I took cuttings right into tap water and placed them on the window sill. This window faces the East, so there's no direct sunlight. I only pulled them back because I have the air conditioning on the last day or so.
They don't have roots yet, but are far from dead.

IMG 20210807 0728172952

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The last time I cloned marijuana I took cutting's as usual. Attempted to root them. After 4 or 5 weeks I had all but given up on them and put them in my basement, with no light. Some time later (several weeks) I had noticed they had rooted but were dried out by that point. I could not grow them.

I used the peat moss pucks after soaking them in water. With a few drops of rooting hormone. Then placed them in dim lighting conditions.

What works best for you? Light, or darkness?

I have a limited window of time to work with. My seedlings are only 2 and 3 weeks young at this point.

I'm aiming to have clones established and ready to go outdoors by July.
I just take cuttings from the lower parts of the plant, cut on a 45 degree angle. lightly scrape the bottom inch of the cutting to make rooting easier, dip in rooting hormone and stick it in my soil in small solo cups. Put it in my dome covered tray with a cardboard cover so the light doesn't hit them directly. Make sure over the next 10 days it stays moist and presto clones. 90 - 100% for me.

Chem77

Chem77

I prefer using a ez clone machine. Quick and 100% success. I like taking smaller cuttings that are green and soft stemmed, not hard and woody. No maintenance, check in 7-10 days.
32A2648D BD8C 44CD A4CB 916000EE563C

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i cant help, i seem to have a green thumb for propagating plants. most of my life i have just grabbed cuttings and tried, so now i have a sort of knowledge i cant define, but i just get a cutting and stick it in water/soil and they grow. with my violets i just grab a leaf from one i want and grow a new plant. some grow best one way and others another way, i just sort of look and know.

for woodier stems it is totally different than others. i love to grow a rose from a cutting! people will tell you it cant be done! lol.

good luck with whatever method you try!

Latest posts

Top Bottom