Propane Extraction Won't Dry

• Thread starter happyinmendo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happyinmendo

I've got a dewaxing system running 5# column with dry ice/ethanol bath and I'm having trouble with getting the product to dry out. Here are some pics.

Propane extraction wont dry
H

happyinmendo

Here is another that dried on one side, I flipped it and now it basically just stalled out.

IMG 20150318 121804530
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've got a dewaxing system running 5# column with dry ice/ethanol bath and I'm having trouble with getting the product to dry out. Here are some pics.
Dude! LONG time no see! I didn't know you were getting into extracts. I can't help you here, but have missed you.

H

happyinmendo

Missed you too, you should come around more. Ive decided to try my hand, we'll see how it goes. I'm seeing that it takes a lot of patience.

I'm thinking I need more shelves, set it flat and not touch it for several days, other slabs are being much more clear.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Missed you too, you should come around more. Ive decided to try my hand, we'll see how it goes. I'm seeing that it takes a lot of patience.

I'm thinking I need more shelves, set it flat and not touch it for several days, other slabs are being much more clear.

Have you been on skunkpharm? Best extraction info out there as far as I know. And if you get good at it, I'd love to have a talk with you. :)

H

happyinmendo

I'll try! Haha. I'm surprised no one chimed in on oven tricks. Seems like there would be some standard temp steps and times that would work.

G

greyman41420

We run an extractiontek lhs1200, so we blast with pure propane quite frequently. I have found that often, almost always actually, its impossible to get the finalized material completely dry. It always has somewhat of an oily texture to the bottom. Of course the reason your blasting with pure propane is because the material wasn't solid to begin with, so its still worth it to use as the product is movable. I have blasted quite a bit of outdoor trim that with anything other than pure propane goes full black, so you have the good and the bad of dealing with propane.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Propane also has a lot of moisture in it, which can either be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you're cooking.

H

happyinmendo

I think this system when I finish the product up tomorrow likely, it will be better than butane because it is a significant amount faster, however it requires dry ice bathes to move solvent through high to low pressure. With a heat jacket on the fuel tank ans a the recovery chamber in an ethanol/dry ice bath, it will move very quickly, then invite up the water on demand and recovery is incredible , I can even use 2 pumps to speed it up, then I might just start dumping it all into ethanol until I get enough to throw into to the rotary evaporator. If there is something being left behind on the finished product, that should solve it.

I've been using a Cryofreezer and Buchner funnel to filter the liquid before it hits the oven. I've been gone all weekend, so hopefully when I check it tonight I'll be happy with the results of the ethanol wash trial

Top Bottom