Propane the "ultimate solvent" for extraction

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

I'm trying to find an alternative to bho. In hawaii, though legal, and dispensaries due this july (2016). There i still a 100% illegal flag for bho. Other concentrates are fine, but they're treating bho as METH production here. I really like my concentrates, but if i can't find an alternative to the butane (which runs about `150 usd per case for the 400ml whipit tane).We only have gas pro/airgas supply and i believe they are one in the same. Could you point me in the way of our small system propane extractor? I've got a master welder at my disposal, so maybe he could help me piece everything together if i was able to find a template or DIY instructions. I guess if there is no other option, the next would be finding someonon the forum who can help send me a pallet of master cases i can just barge over. It's frustrating man, thanks for the boiling point info as well. As i'm more of a shatter guy, i usually stay at 110 through the majority of my heating/vacuuming anyway. cheers

We use QWET as our alternative to LPG extraction. We use 95.6% 190 proof EtOH from the liquor store for the purpose.

Propane usually has mercaptans added as an odorant, unless you get it from a source not requiring it. Most applications do.

The pressures involved are such that you should probably keep the propane extractor six inches and under, so pressure piping codes apply instead of a pressure vessel.

Top Bottom