Proper cloning etiquette and cleaning procedures

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
With all the diseases spreading and infesting our plants that is vastly growing in our hobby it is extremely important to get 10 steps a head of this problem.
taking in a clone and separating it from the heard for a incubation time for bug awareness will not help you to figure out if it is diseased.
this process will not let you no if the plant you got from Steve the landscaper has a disease such as Fusarium, Pythium, Powdery Mildew, Botrytis, and Hop Latent Viroid (HLVd).
If you are like me and can’t avoid the opportunity of a new “elite” clone from Steve the landscaper and his minions you must be aware of what you can not see until it’s to late.
Taking of clones to keep your healthy cycle continuing is a must.
You need to do this very carefully when cutting clone as to not spread what you do not no exists and can not see. You can send samples into a lab for testing but from what I have observed there testing methods are not very let’s say accurate and expensive.
Im giving you an example of how I have established a system to weed out the diseased plants I have experienced the last couple years Hlvd has plagued my grow room.
First off I will clone a new plant after painstakingly being careful not to contaminate any other plants I have in my veg room. Then into a 1 gallon pot then she goes into the flower room off in a corner until she is successfully harvested with no signs of Hlvd, etc.
Proper cloning etiquette and cleaning procedures

A sterile area for the donor plant to give cuts is a must. Wipe down table top with 70% alcohol wipe ever time you bring in another donor plant. Keep the donor plant you just took cuts from away from the other plants is very important also. If you stick 2 donor plants together after taking cuts the cut areas could contaminate the other donor.
Proper cloning etiquette and cleaning procedures 3

A sterile area for cleaning tools for taking cuts is #1 important. I can not stress how important it is to CLEAN YOUR TOOLS AFTER YOU ARE DONE WITH EVER DONOR PLANT!!!!!!!!!
100% bleach for scissors
Eye dropper for applying rooting gel,
This is very important as to not contaminate each plant. I would suggest whipping the tip with 70% alcohol after finishing with each donor plant.
70% alcohol wipe for all table
area donor clones are set.
Proper cloning etiquette and cleaning procedures 4
Proper cloning etiquette and cleaning procedures 2
now into the cloner with no cross contamination whatsoever.
Proper cloning etiquette and cleaning procedures 2
So from my experience of Hlvd sometimes you can tell in veg, sometimes you can’t.
Most likely if it is diseased you can tell by week 3-5 of flower.
Take it slow and steady trying to figure if you have this disease.
I hope this helps and is something you can use in your grow.
Peace😎

Plant below has Hlvd
Proper cloning etiquette and cleaning procedures 6

Plant below is same strain cut same time and does not have Hlvd
Proper cloning etiquette and cleaning procedures 7

Both were in flower at the same time from two donors of one original mother plant.

Proper cloning etiquette and cleaning procedures 5
Moshmen

Moshmen

Perfect timing , Just getting ready to cut a couple up. I need to up my survival rate as well

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Are they easier/higher survival rate? I’m guessin not since u look like ur usin plugs ? - I think my problem is/was light
Im sure that if you do it right you can get a similar survival rate with plugs. But the EZ cloner is just so much easier. No spraying or humidity venting. Nothing. Just dip the tips in jelly and put them in. Done. The lazy mans cloning system 👌

Latest posts

Top Bottom