Proper curing?

• Thread starter Fat Freddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy

I need information on curing my buds.
From some test smoking I tasted chlorophyll, ewww.
How do I rid my bud of this undesirable taste?

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

How long did you dry it ?
You probably dried it to fast.
If your Rh is below 45 its to low to dry slow I use a humidifier and keep mine at 50-55%

T

treehugger

I need information on curing my buds.
From some test smoking I tasted chlorophyll, ewww.
How do I rid my bud of this undesirable taste?

You really need to read all about the subject by researching online and getting as much information points as possible so as to develop some sense of what you are doing.

The process itself is very basic (reduce the latent moisture as rapidly as possible till it is below the spoiling range, then slow and mediate the process so as to maximize taste, smokability, potency, and storability), but it is notoriously variable. Until you either become educated or experienced in the practice, expect more "ewww".

B

BoCo Buds

Likely, if you're tasting the 'green'... it's just not dried enough. Let it go all the way dry, then jar it, then smoke. ;-)

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Dry it till just befor stems snap...then place in pickle jars etc....and burp daily.
For 30 days

Thanks Hindu Killer ,

Now do I leave the Pickles in the jar & when ya say Burp is that the Pickle Jar or Me ? . Thanks fer clearing up any possible confusion ,,,

3Cz

Dry it till just befor stems snap...then place in pickle jars etc....and burp daily.
For 30 days

...and that should take roughly 7-10 days. Any longer than that and it is drying to slowly with not enough air flow and you'll have mold, any faster than that with too much air flow and it may taste like lawn clippings and be a little harsh.

Regards,
3Cz

lazarus718

lazarus718

Thanks Hindu Killer ,

Now do I leave the Pickles in the jar & when ya say Burp is that the Pickle Jar or Me ? . Thanks fer clearing up any possible confusion ,,,

^^^^This guy wasn't rocked out of his mind at all when he decided to type this...

lazarus718

lazarus718

I hang mine in a closet with leaves on until stems snap (around 10-12 days but varies with plants) then trim and put into canning jars (wide mouth)....burp for 30 mins couple times a day initially then once a day after that for 2-3 weeks. Once you can leave them closed and not see any moisture build up on the canning lid you are golden. Should enhance the smells, flavors, and will burn better. If you get them too dry then put in an apple slice or pear slice for a day then remove it to re-moisten the buds. The curing process will not work as well for bud that has been harvested too early, has mold, etc. etc. I find that by leaving the leaves on during the drying process the plants are able to extract more energy and finish completely, but everyone has their own opinion on that. Slow cure + good genetics = better bud than a fast one.

Top Bottom