proper distance from T-5 bulbs

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

hey guys ive never used T-5's before and wanted to know what is optimal distance from the top canopy to the bulb itself. As of now, mine is kept 28 inches above my clones. I notice they havent been growing as fast when I veg under 600 watt MH but given my temporary situation, I have to make use of this T5

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I keep mine as close as possible. Shoot less than an inch.

K

kuz

I let them get about 2"'s long before I put them under the light, then 5 inches away for a week or so, closer after that. If they dont look perfect, I might put them about 30''s away for a couple days.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah that the problem with T5's...after about one foot away they start to loose strength......

evu80

evu80

i realize being that close leaves me with no spread and I have to either get a second set of T-5 which I dont want to anymore or bunch the plants together. I wish I had asked this earlier since its been 10 days and only 3 inches of growth lol

SecretJardinDS90

SecretJardinDS90

2-5 inches is best dude, I use em for veg. If you full canopy penetration get a couple of CFL's and put them at the sides or in the middle of the plants, I use the four footers on the corners of my tent and then 4 2footers over top with a reflector

A

ashleybr85

That depends on your tank. A 55 gallon you could use the inside bulbs and get good light spread. A 75 you would want to use the outside bulbs. .That article was great, lots of good information. Thanks for the link

Top Bottom