Proper Nirvana Use?

• Thread starter sog1313
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sog1313

sog1313

Hi farmers I recently bought a bottle of Nirvana and I want to know a little bit more about it before i start using it. I read that it was an organic supplement so what does this mean? I'm running DWC with Pure Blend Pro and I try to keep my water sterile, will this stuff gunk my water up? I use food grade H2O2 to sterilize my water, will this "kill" the Nirvana? I have the option to use Hygrozyme instead if that will work better. Also, does this stuff turn roots brown or cause slime? I really hate supplements that do this because I always get freaked out and think my roots are rotting away. And finally what's a good dose to use in late veg/early flower? The guy at my hydro store wasn't much help he just said it was good and better than Liquid Karma for the money so any more info would be much appreciated.

Thanks and good growing!

sog1313

sog1313

Anybody? Has anybody used Nirvana in DWC that can tell me more info? The matter is becoming somewhat urgent as my window to return the Nirvana should I decide not to use it is rapidly closing.

manitoid.

manitoid.

I've always been told to avoid using organics in DWC unless you have been running a thriving beneficial bacteria system already existing. The "slime" you talk about feeds off organics, and unless you have bennies already there to eat the organics you will just feed the slime!

I'd avoid it and run hygrozyme instead if you are running sterile.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I have not used it in DWC but it does mix very clean in the res, a lot cleaner than liquid karma. Pretty stable ph wise for this type of product also. I definitely prefer it to LK.

dankworth

dankworth

Organic anything in DWC can quickly lead to big trouble, that requires lots of time and energy to problem-solve. You can benefit from that product by using it as a foliar feed, though.
Not to steer you away from what you are doing, but I ran rdwc(more problematic than single-station dwc I think) and it took a lot of my time and energy. Like a lot. And you may not be guaranteed to make it to harvest.
That being said, check out gettogro's rdwc where he uses ewc tea to conquer slime, and protect his system from pathogens. Great success.

I switched to coco/perlite mixes with lots of perlite. I use a relatively cheap 1-part nutrient that is very well suited for coco. I can use cool organic stuff. I love that. Growth rate is very high, not quite as much as when dwc working well, but very high nonetheless. Some feel that flavor is better. There are generally fewer and larger buds in coco than dwc in my experience. And other than root aphids that I recently conquered, nothing ever goes wrong. I sleep a lot better now. Food for thought if you ever get tired of dwc,
Hope this helps

R

Rushed

If your getting slime your res temp are to warm and root rot is setting in or light is getting in your res and algee is growing.

Keep your res temps below 70 and block off any light that might be getting in.

Yes, hygrozme is great stuff. I use great white powder keeps everything looking top notch.

Good Luck

Rushoe

Rushoe

I would also like some input on this product I was given a gallon of this stuff to use so I wanna know how to use it lol.

sog1313

sog1313

Thanks Chron and dank for your input. sounds like i should be careful when using this stuff. ill try it as a foliar spray for now and read up on establishing some benes in my buckets before adding it to their water

sog1313

sog1313

thanks for your replies everybody. i only seem to get root problems when i use new products that have organic parts in them. the last time it happened i tried adding molasses to the water. manitoid is right i don't have any benes in the buckets so adding nirvana would probably just create more problems. someone suggested using it as a foliar spray so i may try that. and ive used hygrozyme with mixed results it says only compatible with H2O2 at low ppm but i like to blast the shit out my buckets with the peroxide so it may be counteracting. anyway ill try out the nirvana and post some results in my grow journal thread

dankworth

dankworth

Hey sog, you be careful with any enzyme products in dwc. I got away with it before, but some peeps afflicted with the brown algae said that the brown algae was fed by the enzymes and it compounded the problem rapidly. Just so you know. I think it was one of the factors responsible for thompsonsemail's rdwc challenges. Might be good to look at that for a reference.
Check out Cheaper Enzymes(google it) there are threads in places that detail how to use things like IPS-Carefree's Pond Protector Stage 2. That product I use @15ml/100 gals. I just bought a quart for like twenty or thirty something with shipping. It will last me for literally thousands of gallons. You can save a lot of money over hygrozyme. I used hygrozyme for a time as well. My enzyme budget has dropped to almost nothing. And you can save on the shipping if you can find a landscaping or pond store locally that might have it.
Hope this helps

sog1313

sog1313

thanks for the tip dankworth. I had planned on cutting out hygrozyme entirely from this grow due to the mixed results i got last crop. you may be right it seems to me that the enzymes only serve to break down the dead and dying root mass into easy to digest food for algae and slime instead of preventing it. with the exception of the PBP and hydroplex i am cutting out all supplements from my rez lineup, especially anything organic. call me old fashioned but i do prefer good old sterile chemical ferts because (drumroll please) ... you can keep sterilizing it and it wont affect performance. i'm taking no more chances with this crop since they are about to flip to 12/12. on a side note i poured out some of that nirvana in a glass to see what it looked like, and it looks like there are literally chunks of crap floating around in it. im not even sure i want to use it as a foliar spray anymore.

Top Bottom