Proper PH for RDWC VEG and BLOOM

• Thread starter jakibud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakibud

I read somewhere that for Veg the Ph should be around 5.5, and Bloom around 6.0. (Or vice versa I can't remember now darn it!)

I am running a single site RDWC system of 25 gallon capacity (two 13 gallon buckets; 1 grow site - 1 res) and currently my PH averages 6.3 from start to finish.

As much as I would like to reference the article I read this in, I cannot locate it again so I am here asking your valued opinions on the matter.

The article had talked about the acidity of the water and how it effected the plants uptake of certain nutrients... i.e. lower acidity more PK; higher acidity more N (?)

Is there any validity to this and if so what are the proper Ph's for Veg and Bloom? (did I get them right lol)

Or do you think it's best I should just maintain a constant Ph throughout the grow?

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I read somewhere that for Veg the Ph should be around 5.5, and Bloom around 6.0. (Or vice versa I can't remember now darn it!)

I am running a single site RDWC system of 25 gallon capacity (two 13 gallon buckets; 1 grow site - 1 res) and currently my PH averages 6.3 from start to finish.

As much as I would like to reference the article I read this in, I cannot locate it again so I am here asking your valued opinions on the matter.

The article had talked about the acidity of the water and how it effected the plants uptake of certain nutrients... i.e. lower acidity more PK; higher acidity more N (?)

Is there any validity to this and if so what are the proper Ph's for Veg and Bloom? (did I get them right lol)

Or do you think it's best I should just maintain a constant Ph throughout the grow?
Going to startup dwc soon very excited

My understanding is that its best to keep the ph constant at 5,8
As long as its between 5,5-6,5 you should be FINE

J

jakibud

Going to startup dwc soon very excited

My understanding is that its best to keep the ph constant at 5,8
As long as its between 5,5-6,5 you should be FINE
Agreed. I think I will try to keep it closer to 5.8 for the next grow.

I get a lot of brown leaves during flower and was thinking that maybe a simple ph change might help a bit.

I enjoy RDWC. Steep learning curve for me personally and a lot of trial and error but I'm loving it now!

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Agreed. I think I will try to keep it closer to 5.8 for the next grow.

I get a lot of brown leaves during flower and was thinking that maybe a simple ph change might help a bit.

I enjoy RDWC. Steep learning curve for me personally and a lot of trial and error but I'm loving it now!
Im really looking forward to getting started
so excited for the halfed veg time people are talking about sounds really promising

Merry Chrismas🎄

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

I must be lucky, but my last which was my first RDWC grow 4 ea. 5 gallon bucket system using GH nutrients 5.7 to 6.8 never any issues easiest grow I’ve ever done.
I’ve done a bunch of soil grows in my 4x4 tent, and this was the largest return ever…

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I must be lucky, but my last which was my first RDWC grow 4 ea. 5 gallon bucket system using GH nutrients 5.7 to 6.8 never any issues easiest grow I’ve ever done.
I’ve done a bunch of soil grows in my 4x4 tent, and this was the largest return ever…
Im always fucking up my soil plants somehow so i rlly gotta try this shit out😂

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

45EBC516 6FFE 4201 B813 25D94213171F

Charlie946

Charlie946

I run a recirculating top feed table and tend to let my res float from 5.6 to 6.4. With your rdwc is there a delay in all the buckets hitting the same ph when you ajust?

X

xXRABBITXx

I use an Air Cube and once I adjust my ph it's instant and unless I have just refilled my nutes it stays balanced for days. Usually a light Flux up maybe .2 in a week. Never went to 6.0 during flower. Gotta try it. Best of luck.

J

jakibud

I run a recirculating top feed table and tend to let my res float from 5.6 to 6.4. With your rdwc is there a delay in all the buckets hitting the same ph when you ajust?
the delay isn’t that bad. I Running 400 gph pump with two three inch returns so there is lots of movement. My system is only two 13 gallon buckets though with a single grow site.

I have had this system up for a while so I know how much ph down to add and by the time I have the nutrients weighed out it’s usually right there.

J

jakibud

Okay thats an interesting chart! Not what I expected for the nitrogen but it does align with the article I read. I will definitely be lowering my ph to anround 5.8 for veg and around 6 for flower this time. It appears that I was a bit high at 6.3 so we gonna fix that.

Last edited:
J

jakibud

I had nothing but trouble with GH. I wasn’t that lucky lol. i have wicked hard water here and it was a lot of trouble to keep things balanced. I know everyone has negatives on Advanced Nutrients but honestly in my case it really did stabilize the system and increase yield. It is expensive I agree. But it’s better than low or no yield at all. Its all about what works for you in your environmen!

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

I had nothing but trouble with GH. I wasn’t that lucky lol. i have wicked hard water here and it was a lot of trouble to keep things balanced. I know everyone has negatives on Advanced Nutrients but honestly in my case it really did stabilize the system and increase yield. It is expensive I agree. But it’s better than low or no yield at all. Its all about what works for you in your environmen!
Interesting hmm, yeah different strokes. I could not do wrong with my last Green Crack photo run, and now starting some 420 fastbuds Wedding Cheesecake in the RDWC setup, I’m just so blown away with the vigor and speed of GH nutrients in my simple system, easy peezy…

Latest posts

Top Bottom