Proper Way Of PHing In Soil

• Thread starter NuNRG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NuNRG

hi can someone plz explain to me how to properly PH ur water for soil growing. i hear all these stuff like drift etc and u should ph 1 hour before watering to see if any changes after adding nutes... im just looking for 1 good method how properly do it. sorry for noob the question :D

K

kindindy123

hi can someone plz explain to me how to properly PH ur water for soil growing. i hear all these stuff like drift etc and u should ph 1 hour before watering to see if any changes after adding nutes... im just looking for 1 good method how properly do it. sorry for noob the question :D

check the ph of the water source,add nuwts,check ph again,most nuitriants,have a balancer,should go in between6-7,w/ 7 being neutral,if it does not you need to adjust up or down,for soil you want 6.5-7,hydro you want from 5.6up to 6.5,that would be a safe drift in a 24hr period,also for soil you need!! dolomite lime,properly mixed in usualy wont go past 7,again great for soil.another thing about drift, nuitriants get absorbed at diff ph levels,helps for the ph to flucuate,in a 24hr period. good luck: kindindy123

S

Semi Pro Grower

Guys..

If you grow in soil you must address the PH in your soil mix.. Your medium dictates PH not the water you pour into.. In reality I havent used a PH pen a long time... a good medium with plenty of Humates will buffer whatever you feed into it...

If you grow in soil and use a Peat base mix, then you need to add a little lime to your mix as peat has a PH of 5 or so... If your medium is COCO then you already have a nuetral PH.. If your PH is off in your soil then no matter what the PH of the solution you feed, you will still be locked out..

so what you are saying is that as long as your ph is ok in your medium, it doesn't matter what the ph of the nute solution is????

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

great info Potfarmer! I had some lockout problems due to wonky soil ph and was told to check the ph of my runoff.

Do you measure the ph of your soil mix when you prepare it? How do you do this.....do you dissolve some soil in RO/distilled water or do you do it with the first watering

peace
BR

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

i read several times that the way to measure soil ph is to measure the ph of the runoff.

from what you have said i understand that if you mix the right ingredients - humates, lime if there is a lot of peat etc - then one can be sure that the soil has the correct ph but especially that it will buffer itself and keep a stable ph level.
Sounds like the approach Sannie suggests as well as BAC nutrients.

i dont live in N.America so i don't have access to FFOF, Promix and such. For my current grow, which im harvesting tomorrow, i used atami janecomix but i had ph issues. Next time i will use an organic mix that the growshop makes that is a mix of dark and light peat, microrhizzae and bacteria as well as wormcastings.

thanks for sharing

B

booms

PH in the soil can be affected by chemical ferts. if using soil/peat without organic ferts and using say fox farm grow big and tiger bloom your ph will definitly get acidic if not treated. if using chemical ferts u should test runoff every watering and keep track to see what ph is doing.

N

NuNRG

wow good information guys .......... im growing in Sunshine Mix #4 . will i need to ph in this medium ??

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

wow good information guys .......... im growing in Sunshine Mix #4 . will i need to ph in this medium ??

Sounds like dolomite lime is required for peat based mediums. PotFarmer, stated 2 tablespoons, I'm guessing that's 2 tbls. per gallon of soil, and your good to go.

nuttso

nuttso

I have read alot threads were people claim that phing your feeding mix is important. Some friends told me it ain't that important. I think it's true, that if u go full organic than u can water with every ph, if u use chemical fertz u need to adjust.

here an example for some good soil in europe:

as u can see it's ph is 5.8 - 6.2

V

Von

Guys..

If you grow in soil you must address the PH in your soil mix.. Your medium dictates PH not the water you pour into.. In reality I havent used a PH pen a long time... a good medium with plenty of Humates will buffer whatever you feed into it...

If you grow in soil and use a Peat base mix, then you need to add a little lime to your mix as peat has a PH of 5 or so... If your medium is COCO then you already have a nuetral PH.. If your PH is off in your soil then no matter what the PH of the solution you feed, you will still be locked out..

What kind of soil u using?
Bingo.....some one payed attention that day in school.

2 TBS of Dolomite lime to peat, EWC and compost.

Good post PF

V

Latest posts

Top Bottom