Proper way to flush coco when your running a ebb flow recirculating system?

• Thread starter NorcalKid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NorcalKid

I would like to get into the habit of flushing my plants more often however Ive never been able to figure out a good way of doing it. I thought I could just use a little giant pump with a standard hose and a watering wand attached to it. I was planning to dump the water in my res and fill it with phd water and then turn the pump on and top feed the plants to leach out the nutes. However the pump doesn't give off enough pressure to make the wand give off enough water. I'd suppose I could just get a bigger pump? If not I was thinking of just getting the hose and attaching it to a spigot and then it gives off enough pressure to get the wand to water with good pressure. Only problem with that is there's no way to ph it. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey,
I more or less do what you practice; empty nute tank fill with ph water, i then water the plants and on the return i stick a bucket to collect all the runoff.. hope that makes sense.

G81

N

NorcalKid

I think that would work but I think if I were to be able to water from the top the salts would be flushed out more effectively. I wouldn't mind trying that though, ive thought of it before just never wanted to go through all the trouble if I didn't think it'd work. Thanks.

G

greenergrowing4

I there a reason you cant PH your water?

You know I just use whatever pump I have available and with a 1/2" hose bent at the end I water pretty well. If you bend the end just right you can get a good spray going and even spray at a distance, it doesnt take that much pressure. I did this because attaching a sprayer at the end never worked and I was pressed for time. I now water like this regularly.

D

driftset

i just fill my resi with ph water and a (optional) salt leacher (final phase, clearex, etc).

Just like greengrowing, I just get a pump and a 1/2 hose and top feed them the PHed water. This seems to work really well for me. I just do it for the first watering of each day though. I also switch the resi out every 3 days to make sure flushing with pure h20

Top Bottom