Proposed New Rules for Medical Pot in California

• Thread starter Ladyv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Fucking bullshit written by cops and haters,do you want them to make the rules for you?Ill never vote for this kinda crap.
Nor will you have much opportunity. This is in the legislature, so contacting your state senator/representative is the best way to be heard.
This bill outlaws bho, that would hurt a lot of people.

How is a primary care doctor supposed to know what specific strain is gonna treat your ailment? Whole thing seems absolutely retarded.

The regulations on growing and dispensaries could be kinda legit if they made it easier to rent commercial properties for marijuana use but I doubt that. What will probably happen is the state will choose a select few, who probably either lucked out or have millions of dollars to buy and setup elaborate grow facilities. Basically the little guy is cut out and it's gonna be impossible to become one of the "big guys"
Excellent points. Forcing us to use our primary care docs (formerly known as general practitioners) means that the government is going to force groups like Kaiser Permanente to change their policies, right? Because while my PCP knows I use cannabis to avoid using opiates for pain, he also is prevented from writing me a recommendation specifically due to KP policies.

The doc I use for my reco's fully believes in the power of cannabis as medicine, my renewal appointments are always at least 45mins long, and that's *after* sitting in the waiting room. He spends a lot of time asking me questions designed to determine whether or not I've entered into the realm of abuse, and if he suspects for one second I'm abusing, he'll pull the rec. Educated well at USC (the University of Spoiled Children, saw an application for it once while visiting a student at Stanford), he's the antithesis of the typical pot doc. His recs are more expensive than any others, but he'll also be there for me 24/7, including a contractual agreement to speak on my behalf in court should the need ever arise. I had to prove to him my conditions and my need, too.

Honestly, that's all the government really needs to know, don't you think?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Sea,maybe i should have said ill never SUPPORT this kind of legislation and i sent my assemblyman an email a day or two ago when i posted this news originally here, said that i dont think my representative gives a damn what i think or maybe i should say he thinks he knows whats better for me then i do,lol.Hes also exploring a run for governor this year and is against dispensaries and MJ in general,
If these politicians expect me to take them seriously and beleive they have my best interests at heart they will go after alcohol,big tobbaco and big pharma FIRST as those are by far worse than MJ could ever be,we actually dont need more marijuana legislation we need LESS,we dont need more laws regulating it,what we need is to remove the old stupid laws based on lies laws that already exist.If they are chomping at the bit to regulate something let them start with the things that are killing folks by the thousands every day,alcohol,tobacco,prescribed drugs,GMO food,geez pots so far off the radar its rediculous.

surfguitar

surfguitar

Is this gonna force the majority of users back to the black market? Realistically only 10% of people are gonna be able to renew there reqs with primary care leaving everyone else sol.

Ladyv

Ladyv

The point of using health inspectors vs police is to stop the police from being involved. the inspectors would issue tickets.

as somebody that would be willing to jump through some hoops to get legal, i welcome regulation.

theres another bill going through right now banning concentrates that really blows compared to this one

I don't have any problem and would also be willing to jump through the hoops to become compliant to any new laws, however, I am not willing to vote away my rights of privacy in order to support regulation.

MrGoodBudz

MrGoodBudz

This is close to what has been happening in Colorado. We have to RFID our plants. At our expense. To track batches and easily be inventoried without an agent/officer even entering our establishment. Also for accountably reasons if a contamination of sorts is detected down the line to end users. It's a program called MITS Marijuana Information Tracking Sysetem. It is a state regulated and mandated program set up by Franwell inc. they have been doing the sm thing to fresh produce for 25 years. It's just finally rolling into the cannabis industry. Looks like California is going down the same road CO has been on last year or so.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
i changed the title of this thread to "Proposed . . . " 'cause this news seems to be misinterpreted a bit by some.

the post is a copy of an editorial regarding a proposed state bill that is sponsored by the League of California Cities and California Police Chiefs Association. typically, that means that the bill was written by these groups and they are both conservative groups that have discouraged the will of the people in the past regarding medical pot in california. they realize that they have lost, are losing, and will lose big on mmj issues . . . so they are attempting to maintain their place at the negotiating table and hope to have some impact on the outcome. at the same time, they want to be able to demonstrate to their supporters that they are players in the discussions regarding mmj in california. floating a proposal like this one accomplishes both of these things. the supporting organizations of this bill include the Association for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs, Association of Orange County Deputy Sheriffs, California Fraternal Order of Police, International Faith Based Coalition, Long Police Officers Association, Los Angeles County Professional Peace Officers Association, Los Angeles Police Protective League, Riverside Sheriffs Association, Sacramento Deputy Sheriffs Association, and the Santa Ana Police Officers Association.

fortunately, there is a lot that must happen between conservative groups proposing this legislation and this legislation becoming law. namely, it must receive a majority vote in both the state assembly and the state senate. then, it must be signed by the governor. of course, if all this were to happen, then portions of this bill would be litigated for the same reasons that the state bill having to do with plant counts was litigated and those portions limiting plant numbers were ultimately thrown out of the law by the california supreme court.

if you wish to contribute to stopping this proposal, write your state assembly person and state senator.

for more comment regarding the proposed bill, see:

Black Lab

Black Lab

i changed the title of this thread to "Proposed . . . " 'cause this news seems to be misinterpreted a bit by some.

the post is a copy of an editorial regarding a proposed state bill that is sponsored by the League of California Cities and California Police Chiefs Association. typically, that means that the bill was written by these groups and they are both conservative groups that have discouraged the will of the people in the past regarding medical pot in california. they realize that they have lost, are losing, and will lose big on mmj issues . . . so they are attempting to maintain their place at the negotiating table and hope to have some impact on the outcome. at the same time, they want to be able to demonstrate to their supporters that they are players in the discussions regarding mmj in california. floating a proposal like this one accomplishes both of these things. the supporting organizations of this bill include the Association for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs, Association of Orange County Deputy Sheriffs, California Fraternal Order of Police, International Faith Based Coalition, Long Police Officers Association, Los Angeles County Professional Peace Officers Association, Los Angeles Police Protective League, Riverside Sheriffs Association, Sacramento Deputy Sheriffs Association, and the Santa Ana Police Officers Association.

fortunately, there is a lot that must happen between conservative groups proposing this legislation and this legislation becoming law. namely, it must receive a majority vote in both the state assembly and the state senate. then, it must be signed by the governor. of course, if all this were to happen, then portions of this bill would be litigated for the same reasons that the state bill having to do with plant counts was litigated and ultimately thrown out by the state supreme court.

if you wish to contribute to stopping this proposal, write your state assembly person and state senator.

for more comment regarding the proposed bill, see:

Well said Papa

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for that, Papa.
This is close to what has been happening in Colorado. We have to RFID our plants. At our expense. To track batches and easily be inventoried without an agent/officer even entering our establishment. Also for accountably reasons if a contamination of sorts is detected down the line to end users. It's a program called MITS Marijuana Information Tracking Sysetem. It is a state regulated and mandated program set up by Franwell inc. they have been doing the sm thing to fresh produce for 25 years. It's just finally rolling into the cannabis industry. Looks like California is going down the same road CO has been on last year or so.
Does CO impose on the doctor/patient relationship? That's what really rubs me the wrong way with this proposed legislation, as outlined in my previous post.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Nor will you have much opportunity. This is in the legislature, so contacting your state senator/representative is the best way to be heard.

Excellent points. Forcing us to use our primary care docs (formerly known as general practitioners) means that the government is going to force groups like Kaiser Permanente to change their policies, right? Because while my PCP knows I use cannabis to avoid using opiates for pain, he also is prevented from writing me a recommendation specifically due to KP policies.

The doc I use for my reco's fully believes in the power of cannabis as medicine, my renewal appointments are always at least 45mins long, and that's *after* sitting in the waiting room. He spends a lot of time asking me questions designed to determine whether or not I've entered into the realm of abuse, and if he suspects for one second I'm abusing, he'll pull the rec. Educated well at USC (the University of Spoiled Children, saw an application for it once while visiting a student at Stanford), he's the antithesis of the typical pot doc. His recs are more expensive than any others, but he'll also be there for me 24/7, including a contractual agreement to speak on my behalf in court should the need ever arise. I had to prove to him my conditions and my need, too.

Honestly, that's all the government really needs to know, don't you think?

Good luck keeping any insurance w/ a recommendation from a PCP I tried very hard on my applications to blue cross & shield to be honest and forthright about my medical history. Do you think I got accepted, fat chance. ACA made it even worse and I was optimistic about no one gets denied. Where I live it's nobody gets to chose. If this new bill becomes law I think my PCP will have to become my Gen. Practitioner. Might be a up and coming conversation my next visit.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Good luck keeping any insurance w/ a recommendation from a PCP I tried very hard on my applications to blue cross & shield to be honest and forthright about my medical history. Do you think I got accepted, fat chance. ACA made it even worse and I was optimistic about no one gets denied. Where I live it's nobody gets to chose. If this new bill becomes law I think my PCP will have to become my Gen. Practitioner. Might be a up and coming conversation my next visit.

the affordable health care act removed the ability of the insurance companies to deny you insurance. you should be fine now. you have another two weeks to sign up for insurance on the california care website which is the state insurance exchange.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

the affordable health care act removed the ability of the insurance companies to deny you insurance. you should be fine now. you have another two weeks to sign up for insurance on the california care website which is the state insurance exchange.
Already got it almost as expensive as mortgage. New topic new thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom