Props and Crops

• Thread starter KingKobi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingKobi

KingKobi

Damn i would have shit myself hearing that, lucky she's ok...phew! :P

Are you going to scrog for your next grow?

Yeah the LHS girl will be really nice, will be some fat budz for sure.😉

Your totes look really nice, do the lids on yours seal 100%?

The totes i have are stupidly tight, will make cleaning them out a pita.

Do you run live or sterile?

I thought if nutes were changed weekly, would it be possible to run a complete bloom cycle without having to remove the lids?

I recently wondered this for I'm very close to building my UC system, if the water is always clean and at the right temp i could simply control everything from the control bucket and top off bucket/tank couldn't i?
It literally sounded like a gun being fired in the middle of the night…
As for scrogging, wasn’t expecting these to top out at 1.2m or 4 feet in the old. I am undecided next run. I will be trialling Cyco nutes so could run the WW again to see if things are any different. I have just received some GSC Auto seeds and would love to run them, won’t be doing half half so need to make my mind up. I will see how the final yield ends up here and decide whether i can be ar$ed scrogging next time. If I get anything over 5oz/plant here i prolly wont bother…

The grow modules are essentially the same as a household rectangular rubbish bin shape wise, just bit more heavy duty and yes the lids are snug.
They have a cutout triangle in one corner to check roots and insert airline, I can take a photo if you need.

As for live v sterile, this has been my grow:
1) If the water feels warm I add ice
2) If the tent feels hot, remove globes
3) If the girls look hungry give them a feed and even nute measurement has been pretty rudimentary
4) Running the scrubber 24/7 is dealing nicely with smell and helping dehumidify
5) One 80cm tower oscillating fan 24/7 to blow things around

Everything is added to the system via the epi module or control bucket outside the tent. I do not do water changes. Every couple weeks i have taken 2 buckets system water out and topped up, usually do this when i feed. I have an occasional look under the lids at the roots, whiter than Colgate Toothpaste.

I am sure a home built system can be just as good for probably 25% of the cost but I am time poor and needed a turn key setup. I would like to build a copy one day but it’s not high on the list but I will be cheering you on.

I secretly feel a little guilty bout things going so well but i am due for a bit of good fortune.
Cheers man.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Ah thanks for cheering me on brother so appreciate it.

Ha i would never feel guilty for having a good run, paying attention to the main variables pays dividends 😉

I enjoy the DIY stuff, building the new system is fun, i almost have everything i need to finish and it's going to make growing so much easier.

Ah thanks for the answer regarding water changes, i was scratching my head about that until now.🙃

KingKobi

KingKobi

Ah thanks for cheering me on brother so appreciate it.

Ha i would never feel guilty for having a good run, paying attention to the main variables pays dividends 😉

I enjoy the DIY stuff, building the new system is fun, i almost have everything i need to finish and it's going to make growing so much easier.

Ah thanks for the answer regarding water changes, i was scratching my head about that until now.🙃
Still plenty of time for it to go tits up (Aussie slang).
One maybe two more feeds then flush. Girls are really using up that stored energy in the lower fan leaves, thinned out plenty of them tonight.
Had a real close inspection for 15-20minutes tonight. Not completely happy with where the lights are located and might tweak that next time.
Girl back rhs is frosting right up so will be first to finish. Harvest might be spread over a week or so, they all at slightly different stages of development. Reckon 3-4oz/plant will be closer to the final tally.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Little time lapse, from 18th October to 1st December, 44 days, just over 6 weeks.
Hydro is a beast.
84862164 1E7D 4DDD BA40 6A2D9B82FD4C

6067B90C AEA2 4A29 89EA 63F3F96C8918

C54CDF63 C3B3 4320 BA73 926FD19B2847

58DB910C 50C2 40F6 A12F 07C9D3CE2852

KingKobi

KingKobi

Pimping the girls w a liddle pk boost produces immediate results. They are clearly a little more plump bud wise than this morning.
Weekly update tomoz, ending week 10 since germination, 70 days. In a perfect world we get to 98 days/14 weeks.

Something that is odd to me is girl front lhs and back rhs are significantly heavier bud development wise than girl front rhs and bushy girl back lhs.
I can’t explain it from a nute add perspective. What i could do next is run these WW Autos again and adjust the lighting to be more central in the tent. There is such a clear differentiation between the plants. Of note perhaps is that the 2 that were most stressed (front lhs/back rhs) are the 2 that are showing the earliest and heaviest bud development. Scientifically it means nothing, anecdotally it is very interesting.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Slept on the above last night.
The lights currently run north south directly above the beds.
At lights out tonight i will change them to east west and put one more globe back in for the final burst of flowering, so 945 watts.
The tent will be brighter overall with less direct light immediately above the girls. The extra globe might help the girls front rhs and back lhs to fatten out like their sisters.
That’s the plan unless someone tells me it is a bad idea

KingKobi

KingKobi

Change of plan (AAAAAgin).
I thought this below was nute burn. It’s not, it’s light burn.
C5C2590D 6B0F 4099 B2F2 31C0D2CF7E44

560B805B EC7F 4B5F B9D9 77CF5F7830A5

A747D1BB 6362 4262 9424 F2431E579C69

Girl front lhs below seems to be coping best but she has it too to some degree
03E0FC7D 7871 4D9D 9EC0 7AAB300724DD

So. The good news is I can give the girls their regular feed today and try and work out the best way to reduce that light stress between here and harvest. Don’t wanna cook dem buds any more than i already have. Looks like i will be scrogging Autos from now on.

Update vid below, 61 days in the system, 71 since germ.

KingKobi

KingKobi

So we at lights out for next 6-7 hours. If anyone has any thoughts on light setup between now and then pls then let me know. Really want to mitigate further damage.
Currently, 2x 315 CMH globes, one only in each ballast.
I see a few options but would appreciate some input from those with more knowledge (which is all of you.)

KingKobi

KingKobi

So this is one possibility.
One ballast centrally located w just one x 315 cmh globe
BF5EEB7F 50D3 495E 8927 FCF9DC217A61

You hear stories about the LED equivalent of these 315w CMH globes being up around the 1000w.
I have no axe to grind in that fight. I have zero height room and light burn w 2x 315 CMH globes running Autos in a 43 sq foot tent. Totes are too tall for a non scrog setup w this tent, even running Autos. IMHO the benefits outweighs the negatives provided next time I scrog which I will. I am also leaning to running the last of my WW Autos to get a genuine side by side comparison yield wise with two differing grow setups.

I have taken out one ballast (no I didn’t leave the lead there) and now have one 315 globe centrally located above the least foliage covered area of the tent.
At this stage I am going for the ‘save’ not the yield of the year.

I am not THAT far out of the game here. Girl front lhs is doing great and star back rhs has mild light stress symptoms only. I will run the last of my WW Auto seeds w scrogging next run to get a real side by side grow comparison. With less light stress and one grow under my belt I would expect to see something like girl front lhs across all 4 plants.
KK

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Gday mate seems like u doin alright man👍 Have u got a ph pen yet? Normally with heat or light stress you see a lot of cupping tacoing of the leaves where as yours seem to be yellowing off down the bottom of the plants aswell dunno mate just guessing really hope all is well in your world👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Gday mate seems like u doin alright man👍 Have u got a ph pen yet? Normally with heat or light stress you see a lot of cupping tacoing of the leaves where as yours seem to be yellowing off down the bottom of the plants aswell dunno mate just guessing really hope all is well in your world👍
Hi mate. Nice to hear from you. I do have to go down the line today so being i have asked for advice, i should take it when offered!
I am sure the regional hydro guy will be happy to help me out.
Let you know how we go.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Hi mate. Nice to hear from you. I do have to go down the line today so being i have asked for advice, i should take it when offered!
I am sure the regional hydro guy will be happy to help me out.
Let you know how we go.
Nah not advice mate just guessing👍 Handy to have though and ec pen just so you know if anything is way outta whack they massive autos though so good job mate

KingKobi

KingKobi

Alrighty then.
Got my trusty Bluelab Truncheon and pH test doodad.
Among other things, we have nute lockout as a result of a hideously low pH.
In the interest of honesty i need to post it for future reference for others. The reading was a consistent 4.25pH. Consequently EC reading on the Bluelab Truncheon was in the Phuck all to Geez I’m hungry range, between 100-200ppm. Nice for babies, not nice for big muthatruckers looking to smash those flowers out.

Doing a steady water change out in between frothies and pH up to about 4.8. I need to get it to high 5s.
Do i then feed to get my ppm up into that high hundreds range?

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Alrighty then.
Got my trusty Bluelab Truncheon and pH test doodad.
Among other things, we have nute lockout as a result of a hideously low pH.
In the interest of honesty i need to post it for future reference for others. The reading was a consistent 4.25pH. Consequently EC reading on the Bluelab Truncheon was in the Phuck all to Geez I’m hungry range, between 100-200ppm. Nice for babies, not nice for big muthatruckers looking to smash those flowers out.

Doing a steady water change out in between frothies and pH up to about 4.8. I need to get it to high 5s.
Do i then feed to get my ppm up into that high hundreds range?
Yea mate u want ya ph 5.8-6.0 for flower and ppm would be 500-600 a lot of people go a lot higher than that but I’d keep it on the lower side til they recover your away now need testing tools mate good move getting em Also U wanna put your feed in then ph it as the nutes mess with the ph normally dropping it a touch I find👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Yea mate u want ya ph 5.8-6.0 for flower and ppm would be 500-600 a lot of people go a lot higher than that but I’d keep it on the lower side til they recover your away now need testing tools mate good move getting em Also U wanna put your feed in then ph it as the nutes mess with the ph normally dropping it a touch I find👍
Got it to 5.6pH over a couple hours, ppm around the 400 with a kelp foliar feed for good measure.
We are at day 72 since germ, so probably not a lot more feeding to be done. Waited 10 minutes after the nute feed b4 final pH and ppm reading above. I will most likely monitor daily being we are so close to harvest.
I feel like a bad weed daddy but hopefully it will turn out ok.

Thanks for egging me on. Looks like i owe you a smoke.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Got it to 5.6pH over a couple hours, ppm around the 400 with a kelp foliar feed for good measure.
We are at day 72 since germ, so probably not a lot more feeding to be done. Waited 10 minutes after the nute feed b4 final pH and ppm reading above. I will most likely monitor daily being we are so close to harvest.
I feel like a bad weed daddy but hopefully it will turn out ok.

Thanks for egging me on. Looks like i owe you a smoke.
Nah u owe me nothing mate just trying to help by the looks of them I’d be feeding for a while yet mate they will fatten up a fair bit yet don’t take note of days they always go overdue also I’d ease up on the foliar spraying now buds are setting that’s me though each to their own👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Nah u owe me nothing mate just trying to help by the looks of them I’d be feeding for a while yet mate they will fatten up a fair bit yet don’t take note of days they always go overdue also I’d ease up on the foliar spraying now buds are setting that’s me though each to their own👍
Gotchya. They filling in nicely. Used my first lot of CC nutes up w that feed today. So those almost half litre bottles don’t quite get u to the end of a 4 plant Auto hydro grow.
Got my next lot of nutes on the way, (Cyco). They supposed to be here today but as long as they arrive next 7 days we will be fine.
And no more foliar!! Might just give the buds a gentle wash at harvest?

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Gotchya. They filling in nicely. Used my first lot of CC nutes up w that feed today. So those almost half litre bottles don’t quite get u to the end of a 4 plant Auto hydro grow.
Got my next lot of nutes on the way, (Cyco). They supposed to be here today but as long as they arrive next 7 days we will be fine.
And no more foliar!! Might just give the buds a gentle wash at harvest?
Yea @GNick55 has some good vids on bud washing never done it myself but after seeing what comes off em I might give it a go this time around👍 Ya plants should pick up a fair bit now you got everything sorted 👍

KingKobi

KingKobi

Yea @GNick55 has some good vids on bud washing never done it myself but after seeing what comes off em I might give it a go this time around👍 Ya plants should pick up a fair bit now you got everything sorted 👍
And they have thanks to you JLTG. Winning everywhere today. Girls happy, even the poor looking leaves are outstretched looking for the sun. Just had my rental inspection pushed from late Dec to mid-late Jan which means these girls will be able to finish properly. 14 weeks is about Jan 9 and I could possibly sneak a few more days after that. Brilliant. Essentially gives me a month from here which should be spot on.

I have watched Gnick’s bud washing vids, he Da Man.

Thanks again and looking fwd to giving these girls the finish they deserve.

Top Bottom