Protection from gophers+ direct light exposure minimum

• Thread starter Hobblebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Im going to be doing my first outdoor grow this coming summer!

my last indoor grow went well, ( and I want to lower that electricity bill)

There are groundhogs and deer attracted to the garden out back, so I'm thinking of planting in the front yard instead (very secluded and rural area) and putting up a small fence, mainly for the gophers less for the deer.

There is a little less light exposure in the front yard, large hemlocks don't help. but what is the minimum amount of direct light they should be getting this summer? Due to the tall trees, there will only be around 9-10 hours of DIRECT sunlight per day, as a lot of it will be blocked by trees in the morning and sunset

Im in Northern VT, so the growing season isn't super long, but I'm just going to have to make do

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Im going to be doing my first outdoor grow this coming summer!

my last indoor grow went well, ( and I want to lower that electricity bill)

There are groundhogs and deer attracted to the garden out back, so I'm thinking of planting in the front yard instead (very secluded and rural area) and putting up a small fence, mainly for the gophers less for the deer.

There is a little less light exposure in the front yard, large hemlocks don't help. but what is the minimum amount of direct light they should be getting this summer? Due to the tall trees, there will only be around 9-10 hours of DIRECT sunlight per day, as a lot of it will be blocked by trees in the morning and sunset

Im in Northern VT, so the growing season isn't super long, but I'm just going to have to make do
One of the members here has to dig down 3-4 ft and build a wire cage underneath his plants to protect his roots from the gophers getting to them. I only get 7-8 hrs direct even less in late Aug. mold & bud rot is my outdoor nemesis in Nova Scotia. I'm thinking autos are in the plan this year and finish them in August.

Top Bottom