Protein Skimmer

• Thread starter jack the reaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jack the reaper

hey seamaiden! what would you say would be the ideal rootzone temp for a DWC system? we cant get the roots too cold or we risk stunting them, but the colder the water the better VO2...
thanx!
jr

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't say, I've never grown DWC. You're limited by a few things, not the least of which is the plant's ability to take up nutrients within a certain temperature range. Nutes administered below 65F aren't going to be taken up, if I recollect. Just based on my own experience growing in a too-cold situation in coco I think you'd be quite unhappy putting your girls' feet into water that cold. Honestly, I think you'd be best off following the tried and true and do nothing more than increase water movement/surface agitation.

You've got the idea with something like a waterfall. I saw someone use a piece of corrugated pipe, they pumped the water up, had the pipe looped around and around, and the water went down the pipe with lots and lots of riffles which did a great job of performing that CO2/O2 exchange. It probably raised RH and lowered water temps as well, though.

L

Loudblunts

nice clash of topics here, dontcha think?

we should get some folks with some D.O. meters out there testing.... i know i want another one

K

khaoticOrder

SeaMaiden, your knowledge on the subject at hand is outstanding, and I truly appreciate concise and to the point info. It is truly hard to find definitive answers to the degree in which you have applied. I myself have learned a great deal from your post and very thankful. Your post has answered many questions I have had lingering for some time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom