Proxy Server and thcfarmer

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

Hows it going farmer? Got a question to throw out here.
So do you think that it a wise idea to use a proxy server to view thcfarmer web page ? I have been reading some company's terms and wow it kind of freaks me out man. Here read this and tell me what you think. So if thcfamer does not log IP address there should be no reason to use one while viewing this site? Just some thoughts running around in my head Take care all

Etiquette On The Internet

Customers using left name out servers are expected to be familiar with and practice good Internet etiquette. You/customer shall not post, transmit, or permit Internet access to information the customer desires to keep confidential. You/customer is not permitted to post any illegal, libelous, or indecent material, or material/information likely to result in retaliation against left name out. WE reserves the right to determine if content violates this policy.

W

woody420

Is this a dumb question or what ? No replys I was just reading some of the proxy server's terms and it just raised a flag that it.

S

Slick

No such thing as a dumb question mate. ;)

That is really just a basic legal disclaimer to cover whomever provides the server so they can deny responsibility for what users are doing on thier server. Proxy servers hide your IP address and thereby prevent unauthorized access to your computer through the Internet. They don't provide anyone with your IP address and effectively hide any information about you, when you visit a site that logs IP's with a proxy it simply logs the IP address of the proxy rather than your IP.

Thcfarmer doesn't log IP's therefor they aren't gathering any information which can then be used to attack you or your computer but to answer your question thoroughly I would still use a proxy as there are still things like ISP's, etc to worry about.

S

skunkypaul

where can i get a free proxy thing a me jig chaps

i think im needing one of those

a big thanks for those that post a reply...im uk based does that make a difference:passingjoint:whith the whole proxy deal:sad0123:

S

Slick

Glad to have been of help woody, you too bud. :)

skunkypaul: Have a look at a thread a couple down called "Everyone Read - True Anonymous Surfing" written by Logic, he found a great proxy which only costs $30 a year which is money well spent imo. I would stay well away from free proxies if I were you as some sell to or are even set up by people intent on stealing personal information, that is not to say they all are but you have to be extremely carefull.

Here is a couple of links with lists of free proxies if you still want to use one though I really do recommend following the advice in Logic's thread.

www.checkedproxylists.com
http://proxy-list.org/en/

Top Bottom