proxybot - free proxy scraper by hysterix

• Thread starter hysterix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hysterix

Hello everyone,

I developed this program for my own use. Pretty much I was sick of leaving tor exit node footprints all over the place, so I decided to develop something I've always needed; a program that scours the intertubez for proxies, tests them, and outputs them in a few ways.

As of now the test function is not working correctly because there is a conflict with free hosting and a specific curl setting I need to test the proxy.

I am getting set up a vps, so soon I will have the program hosted on a web-server that will allow total functionality.

For now though, the search function is working. Simply navigate to the link hit search, and you have proxies scraped from well known proxy sites!

The problem is that a bit over half of the proxies scraped at any one time are not working, as they can go down pretty quick, that is why I created the test function, to actually determine which proxies are up or not.

For now, I'm sure this program will be considered useful to most, but when I get the testing function it will be even better.

I am including the source, any case any php devs. want to check out how it works.

(I have not tested how the page renders in internet explorer, so it probably looks pretty bad. I refuse to code specifically for a company that does not want to follow open standards (I did enough of that for my last job). Use a better browser when using proxybot (firefox or opera), else don't use proxybot at all!)

URL:
Source:
Readme:

rar password for source code: ishouldeatlsd

Screenshot:
http://img189.invalid.com/img189/9702/proxybotconfirmed.th.png

Enjoy :D

H

hysterix

Hello everyone, I have finally got proxybot set up on some quality hosting, so now the "test" function works as well as the "search" function.

Latest posts

Top Bottom