Prune big fan leaves...don't prune big fan leaves? The jury's still out it'd seem......

• Thread starter Liberanos5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
half baked

half baked

for sure, but he's talking PRUNING BIG FAN LEAVES, like in the title. you just lollipop and clear out, which is absolutely what you should do. He's saying take off ALL those big fan leaves, so lower sites get more light or something.... which doesnt let them breathe.

i wasnt directing my post at anyone in particular bro, just my opinion on pruning, i gotta say that im gonna give it a go on 1 plant in the future just to see whats what with total fan leaf trimming, ive actually been to 2 grows where it worked very well, but they did it at strategic times, with great results, i cant say i noticed any potency/taste loss, but still dont like stripping my girls like that ;)

hb

L

Liberanos5

but still dont like stripping my girls like that ;)................said NOBODY EVER!!!!

half baked

half baked

lol yh bro i suppose the choice of words wasn't great:rolleyes: , set myself up for that hahaha, but im sure ya know what i mean

L

Liberanos5

.....man I really opened a big can a vermiculture on this thread .....it was not my intention......i don't prune ALL big fans just the ones that cast huge shadows and are way down the branch close to the main stalk.....their work is pretty much done I figure......but I really dont know shit about almost all of it.......flyin' by the seat of my hemp pants!!!

half baked

half baked

but still dont like stripping my girls like that ;)................said NOBODY EVER!!!!

did you actually think i was having a dig at you here bro, i was talking about some1 i know from the uk, unless your that person in disguise lmao

peace hb

sox

sox

pruning on an indoor crop is crucial imo, if your trying to maximise yield in a small space pruning is essential, and ive done it either way and i found no diff in potency or even taste, just more yield at the end :)

im not sayin go crazy but defo 1or2 per cola to allow the light/air down to those bottom bud sites :)

View attachment 250504View attachment 250505

if we hadnt have took some fans from this grow it would have been a mess, and would have yielded much less

those pix are crazy...good job with the canopy.

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

put up a pic. you didn't lose me....are you indoors or out?>

shitty pics, more to come. but these are the best examples of my plant structure and how i eliminate most unnecessary growth to promote more growth where needed. the first pic has been "pre-trimmed" (i take off all sun leaves and let plant sit in 24 hour dark before i trim). The second pic (i took out support and plant is leaning) i havent pre trimmed at all, that is where you can see the leaves that i have left.

these arent too recent. now i take off all popcorn buds below the main colas. but if your making hash, leave the popcorns on there and throw them in a hash batch.

IMAG0231
IMAG0155

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

pruning on an indoor crop is crucial imo, if your trying to maximise yield in a small space pruning is essential, and ive done it either way and i found no diff in potency or even taste, just more yield at the end :)

im not sayin go crazy but defo 1or2 per cola to allow the light/air down to those bottom bud sites :)

View attachment 250504View attachment 250505

if we hadnt have took some fans from this grow it would have been a mess, and would have yielded much less

PROPS TO HALF BAKED! that is an incredible grow for a small space. everything is clean, same height, and just classy. man i want to smoke some of that! props again, looks like an OG strain of some sort

half baked

half baked

hey
PROPS TO HALF BAKED! that is an incredible grow for a small space. everything is clean, same height, and just classy. man i want to smoke some of that! props again, looks like an OG strain of some sort
thanks bro, well this is from a while ago, me and a friend had very limited space to flower, 1mx1m with 16 plants, so went with 4 tops per plant and it just filled it
we had 5X white fire 1#, 5X white fire 2#, 4X kksc x the white, 1 white bubba and 1 tahoe og :)

we pulled just short of 21 oz in that tent and couldnt have been happier :)

thanks bro

hb

Top Bottom