pruning during flowering is this good

• Thread starter Grnlvr58
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grnlvr58

Grnlvr58

I am Constantly pouring away larger leaves as my plants flower im not seeing any adverse effects doing this any thoughts out there or experiences. Thanks 😊

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I remove leaves to increase air flow and give more light to bud sites.

Many commercial growers seem convinced about defoliating, but I've been taking baby steps. I have definitely not found any negative effects yet. I would probably need to run defoliated and non-defoliated plants from the same mama plant, side by side to fully convince myself it can increase yield.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

yes, common technique - as the post above suggests, better air flow, more light penetration to remaining growth, and to discourage lollipops.

i'm employing the same technique of training which i used on my first grow (using mainly LST, but manifolding, mainlining, topping, FIM, etc ) - but more 'focused' on my second grow to 'shape' the plants better.

Grnlvr58

Grnlvr58

I remove leaves to increase air flow and give more light to bud sites.

Many commercial growers seem convinced about defoliating, but I've been taking baby steps. I have definitely not found any negative effects yet. I would probably need to run defoliated and non-defoliated plants from the same mama plant, side by side to fully convince myself it can increase yield.
Had I not continued to prune they would have gotten way to thick . There about 3 weeks away from finishing so pruning does save work at trim time

Grnlvr58

Grnlvr58

yes, common technique - as the post above suggests, better air flow, more light penetration to remaining growth, and to discourage lollipops.

i'm employing the same technique of training which i used on my first grow (using mainly LST, but manifolding, mainlining, topping, FIM, etc ) - but more 'focused' on my second grow to 'shape' the plants better.
I did pinch a few of mine this year and got very positive results. Also had a major break of a large li.b almost 75% break i pulled it up and duct taped it and it healed cant even tell which one it was found they are very trainable looking forward to next years grow .

TheKushie

TheKushie

Go on YouTube and watch Green Genes videos youll see the difference there

R

redshift75

i believe in doing whatever you feel comfortable with and you feel is best for the plant. For me its all situational that has no 1 set solution to be broadly applied. I have no problems defoliating to open up bud sites. i do like to be careful as there are times i have hindered growth by going overboard when cleaning up in flower. Honestly every time i go in my tents every plant is going to be losing a few leaves. Whether its me pulling yellow ones or old growth... W.e. So its non issue for me personally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom