Pruning for a hedge like bush.

• Thread starter Big Bud Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Big Bud Boy

Hey Farmers - How do you prune a plant to get a big fat bush like you see in photo's from Mendocino and other nor Cal hot spots?

Peace; BigBudBoy

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

A Lil bit of LST, some Supercroping, & topping... I'm trying 2 get some nice bushes.. I haven't mastered it yet but I'm gettin closer.. Try everything!!

cannabeans

cannabeans

shallow wide containers

this is another way that i grow short fat plants. i will use a more shallow but much wider container. they tend to grow short and fat with out extra training.

Shallow 004
Shallow 005
B

Big Bud Boy

Thanks Guys for the ideas. I like the shallow flat container idea, I read a great article about that concept (natural tendency of root growth). I wish someone would explain some of the fancy topping schemes.

Peace; Big Bud Boy

bevin

bevin

to get your plant to bush, when you get about 9" use your thumb and pointer finger to top the plant where the leaves are shooting out. usuall i go just below the top of small shooting tops and they wil branch out 2 branches.

Cort

Cort

Keep FIMing and topping over and over and a bush you will have :D

I fim them when small, fim those 2 again, then fim those 4. Then I take those 8 and tie them down. Each node becomes a top. Ill look around the farm in a few and find the tutorials on LST topping and fimming.

Chobble

Chobble

In my experience encouraging big bush growth starts early on in the season with netting wrapped around the freshly planted seedling/clone when the clone/seedling is about a 1-2 feet tall you want to top the plant (Whether you FIM or not it really doesnt matter, I FIM Top every time) You then want to feed the newly forming branches through the netting.

Now I get plants Im satisfied with that much training. Now at a larger garden that Im not personally responsible for we do use trellis netting later on near flower etc. It does help spread out the plant making it "Bigger", Allowing more light penetration etc.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

shallow wide containers

this is another way that i grow short fat plants. i will use a more shallow but much wider container. they tend to grow short and fat with out extra training.

I would like to state that plants are going to be much stronger/healthier if planted in the ground. So if your growing those plants in the containers for that reason, you may want to rethink your strategies.

Chobble

bevin

bevin

Id like to see a picture of the nets around your plants. Im in CO and a patient and am trying to strictly grow outdoors in hoop houses 10' x 10' covered with 3.5mil plastic this will be my first try during winter with suplimental light t8's and propane heaters.

Chobble

Chobble

Id like to see a picture of the nets around your plants. Im in CO and a patient and am trying to strictly grow outdoors in hoop houses 10' x 10' covered with 3.5mil plastic this will be my first try during winter with suplimental light t8's and propane heaters.

Check out my grow dairy, Its in my signature. Its got the two plants I did that two this summer.

cannabeans

cannabeans

I would like to state that plants are going to be much stronger/healthier if planted in the ground. So if your growing those plants in the containers for that reason, you may want to rethink your strategies.

Very true! But I was using those containers for my indoor grow. Thses were plants that didnt make the cut for the indoor garden, but they did do extremely well when they were transplanted into the bed to bloom in the greenhouse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom